Mike Evans, Tee Higgins, Josey Jewell, Maurice Hurst, D.J. Reader, Connor Mcgovern

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cap limits. He wants 25-30 Per year
Right now Tampa is $37 million under the cap, we are $20 million over the cap. If they aren't resigning him for what he is asking for, we sure aren't signing him.

Carson

Reaction score
Right now Tampa is $37 million under the cap, we are $20 million over the cap. If they aren't resigning him for what he is asking for, we sure aren't signing him.
But they also have extensions due before the season.

Winfield, Baker, White, Wirfs next year. That’s going to eat a majority of that up this season

Whites market is $10, Baker is $27, Winfield is $18

Wirfs Is $25 next season

Sydla

Reaction score
Despite Jerry's claim they will be all in, they still have cap constraints.

They aren't spending money on Evans or Higgins. And they'd be foolish too IMO. Whatever cap dollars they can clear should be spent on a legitimate DT and a MLB, first and foremost.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Reader!
Then a solid vet run-stuffing LB, and relatively cheap vet RB, like a Zack Moss, draft Powers-Johnson and a solid mid-round RB.

Major run-game improvement on both sides of the ball, and the only expensive piece would be Reader.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes sir. Best plan to elevate the team.
I cannot for the life of me understand how people don't see the need at DT. A disruptive DT who can both collapse the pocket and stymie the run improves every aspect of your D. I mean, I know Jerry doesn't understand this, is it a casual fan thing of not understanding how much of a difference top DT's make?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Anybody in here thinking we need to add a top tier wide receiver and a big name is coming here you might wanna pull back a little from this fantasy world you live in we cannot pay two wide receivers top money you have to go to Tier 2 just like Brandon cooks and I don't think adding a high end veteran receivers anywhere on the Cowboys radar they would have to take a severe cut to come here.. Even getting rid of gallop and finding money we need more linebackers a running back maybe some defense offensive lineman long before we think about wide receiver... Hopefully tolbert comes along a little bit more but I think that most teams would be happy having CD lamb Brandon cooks and Ferguson as your top three targets along with retooling this offense to give it more of a run philosophy will we get a big time running back in the draft I mean I'm not sure what you look around most teams don't have two wide receivers making big money.....

So if they do bring in a receiver it's gonna be a Tier 2 guy a mid level veteran that has some juice left maybe you know like another Brandon cooks I mean I'm assuming Brandon cooks is going to be here I don't see why you think we need 3 levels of wide receivers for targets there are only limited targets you start with the run game you look for CD lamb you look for Jake Ferguson and then you hope that a few of these other guys chip in that's it that's what an offense looks like when you have superstars and we don't really need to tweak the offense that much... Really just try to figure out a way to get a the best running back you can defeat your team scheme along with working in hunter Moore and I can tell you this right now I still believe that deuce Vaughn can add to this offense both in the run and the pass coming in as a scat back you know not getting a ton of carries just doing what Pollard did his first two years...​
So when we're looking at free agency I'm thinking linebacker first, possibly defensive tackle and we're going to need to fill in with some mid level guys sorry I know all into you guys think that they're gonna do something crazy but they still need to put talent back where we're going to be losing about 12-14 free agents are up for contracts right now.​

blueblood70

Reaction score
We need to sign the best interior DL available, and a legitimate starting MLB in that order of importance.
I agree on one of those two but middle linebacker and I mean some dude with some juice would be the top priority but you need to look at what happens in the draft as well what if sweats available in the first round again in knowing that when we pick in the second round he's probably gonna be gone do you overreach, I think sweat is the next Deron Payne type, that's my comp I mean I didn't look at them closely but I am a Longhorn fan and that guy could be a day one starter in my opinion but nose tackles do not play a lot so you want to use another first rounder on a guy but you risk losing him if you pass him up...

By the way when I first saw the guy Connor McGovern I I was like why do you want that guy back lol then I forgot there's another one in the league... I believe he might be a center but yeah the draft bored and what's on the draft is gonna really determine how many more people we need in free agency.... Are they looking to go center or linebacker or picking up a guy like sweat in the first round it's going tp change how they look at free agency... I do realize free agency comes up first but they're going to have priorities and mock draft boards and things set up with lists of free agents so they're gonna have to decide what they're gonna go for..

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Stephen counters with Yosuah Nijman, Trenton Irwin, Cameron Tom, and Sam Eguavoen.

And two United Footbal League all-stars to be named later.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys can absolutely afford 2 of these guys. In fact, I think they can probably afford 3 of them if you pick the right 3. I would take Jewell and Reader if these are my choices. But I think they can get Evans too.

Sydla

Reaction score
Anybody in here thinking we need to add a top tier wide receiver and a big name is coming here you might wanna pull back a little from this fantasy world you live in we cannot pay two wide receivers top money you have to go to Tier 2 just like Brandon cooks and I don't think adding a high end veteran receivers anywhere on the Cowboys radar they would have to take a severe cut to come here.. Even getting rid of gallop and finding money we need more linebackers a running back maybe some defense offensive lineman long before we think about wide receiver... Hopefully tolbert comes along a little bit more but I think that most teams would be happy having CD lamb Brandon cooks and Ferguson as your top three targets along with retooling this offense to give it more of a run philosophy will we get a big time running back in the draft I mean I'm not sure what you look around most teams don't have two wide receivers making big money.....

So if they do bring in a receiver it's gonna be a Tier 2 guy a mid level veteran that has some juice left maybe you know like another Brandon cooks I mean I'm assuming Brandon cooks is going to be here I don't see why you think we need 3 levels of wide receivers for targets there are only limited targets you start with the run game you look for CD lamb you look for Jake Ferguson and then you hope that a few of these other guys chip in that's it that's what an offense looks like when you have superstars and we don't really need to tweak the offense that much... Really just try to figure out a way to get a the best running back you can defeat your team scheme along with working in hunter Moore and I can tell you this right now I still believe that deuce Vaughn can add to this offense both in the run and the pass coming in as a scat back you know not getting a ton of carries just doing what Pollard did his first two years...​
So when we're looking at free agency I'm thinking linebacker first, possibly defensive tackle and we're going to need to fill in with some mid level guys sorry I know all into you guys think that they're gonna do something crazy but they still need to put talent back where we're going to be losing about 12-14 free agents are up for contracts right now.​
We are going to see this happen in real time in our own division. Philly has AJ Brown under a big contract and then Devonte Smith due for a deal soon. I suspect, you'll see them at some point rid themselves of Brown and sign Smith and then look to add cheaper and/or younger WRs around him.

Here, if you pay Lamb, that's it. You are going to have to find lower cost options either FA or through the draft to surround him.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me understand how people don't see the need at DT. A disruptive DT who can both collapse the pocket and stymie the run improves every aspect of your D. I mean, I know Jerry doesn't understand this, is it a casual fan thing of not understanding how much of a difference top DT's make?
LOL at more WRs.

A good workhorse RB would also help.

Status
Not open for further replies.