Mike Evans, Tee Higgins, Josey Jewell, Maurice Hurst, D.J. Reader, Connor Mcgovern

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambo2

Reaction score
The Cowboys can absolutely afford 2 of these guys. In fact, I think they can probably afford 3 of them if you pick the right 3. I would take Jewell and Reader if these are my choices. But I think they can get Evans too.
They can draft a receiver.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
We have all the receivers we need. Lets start looking at OL, LB maybe DL.
I agree I would priortize the positions you mentioned first. Ceedee has emerged as one of the best receivers in the league and Cooks was a good compliment once he and Dak found some rapport. There is likely a need for WR3, pending Gallup's situation, but I don't think they need to spend a boat load to address it. Much more important building in the trenches.

cristglo

Reaction score
Anybody in here thinking we need to add a top tier wide receiver and a big name is coming here you might wanna pull back a little from this fantasy world you live in we cannot pay two wide receivers top money you have to go to Tier 2 just like Brandon cooks and I don't think adding a high end veteran receivers anywhere on the Cowboys radar they would have to take a severe cut to come here.. Even getting rid of gallop and finding money we need more linebackers a running back maybe some defense offensive lineman long before we think about wide receiver... Hopefully tolbert comes along a little bit more but I think that most teams would be happy having CD lamb Brandon cooks and Ferguson as your top three targets along with retooling this offense to give it more of a run philosophy will we get a big time running back in the draft I mean I'm not sure what you look around most teams don't have two wide receivers making big money.....

So if they do bring in a receiver it's gonna be a Tier 2 guy a mid level veteran that has some juice left maybe you know like another Brandon cooks I mean I'm assuming Brandon cooks is going to be here I don't see why you think we need 3 levels of wide receivers for targets there are only limited targets you start with the run game you look for CD lamb you look for Jake Ferguson and then you hope that a few of these other guys chip in that's it that's what an offense looks like when you have superstars and we don't really need to tweak the offense that much... Really just try to figure out a way to get a the best running back you can defeat your team scheme along with working in hunter Moore and I can tell you this right now I still believe that deuce Vaughn can add to this offense both in the run and the pass coming in as a scat back you know not getting a ton of carries just doing what Pollard did his first two years...​
So when we're looking at free agency I'm thinking linebacker first, possibly defensive tackle and we're going to need to fill in with some mid level guys sorry I know all into you guys think that they're gonna do something crazy but they still need to put talent back where we're going to be losing about 12-14 free agents are up for contracts right now.​
The money you would pay to get Mike Evans you could use to go get a great DT
i agree with your take on our needs

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Y'all don't even know why Dak threw those 2 INTs against the Packers. Same reason in the previous 2 playoffs. It's hilarious seeing y'all constantly complain and make up accusations as to why. Poor souls.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The money you would pay to get Mike Evans you could use to go get a great DT
i agree with your take on our needs
absolutely why receiver so far down the list not sure why all the rumors with Sdiggs and evans and others are even being mentioned. if cooks stays we are fine at WR, need a RB, C, and LB and DFTs etc long before WR/TE/DBS

i think most of the discussions need put on hold until we find out who the defensive coordinator is..that will give us an idea of what positions they will fill first and what type of players to go after.

conner01

Reaction score
We have all the receivers we need. Lets start looking at OL, LB maybe DL.
Cooks, Ferg, lamb are plenty. Fix the oline and fix the run game on both sides of the ball
We aren’t signing 25-30 mil WR and shouldnt

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They need a better combo of size and speed to pair with CD. Every QB likes tall guys with long arms for the catch radius. Problem is our guys aren't that fast a d the few with some speed are small. You can make 1 guy work but with all the guys either slow or small outside of lamb it really hurts the offense. Now cooks is good speed wise, hope we keep him but still add another that's a bit taller with speed and then they'd have a killer trio plus a darn good fergy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bro they could get victor wembanyama to play WR and his throws would still be off target.
This makes no sense. He completed 69.5% of his passes. And no, it wasn't just dump off passes. He had one of the higher yards/attempt averages in the NFL. Dak can be questioned for some things, but at least try to find some logic in what you question

Cmac

Reaction score
Fantasy Football draft styles are really prevalent in this thread.

rambo2

Reaction score
This makes no sense. He completed 69.5% of his passes. And no, it wasn't just dump off passes. He had one of the higher yards/attempt averages in the NFL. Dak can be questioned for some things, but at least try to find some logic in what you question
I don't understand people that claim this bs. It's very strange.

rambo2

Reaction score
They need a better combo of size and speed to pair with CD. Every QB likes tall guys with long arms for the catch radius. Problem is our guys aren't that fast a d the few with some speed are small. You can make 1 guy work but with all the guys either slow or small outside of lamb it really hurts the offense. Now cooks is good speed wise, hope we keep him but still add another that's a bit taller with speed and then they'd have a killer trio plus a darn good fergy.
Just draft Rice from USC. They can get hin in the 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.