Mike Evans, Tee Higgins, Josey Jewell, Maurice Hurst, D.J. Reader, Connor Mcgovern

Status
Not open for further replies.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just draft Rice from USC. They can get hin in the 2nd round.
Late 2nd? Almost 3rd round? You know they won't take him unless he has a gun charge or is a nightmare for coaches to deal with

rambo2

Reaction score
Late 2nd? Almost 3rd round? You know they won't take him unless he has a gun charge or is a nightmare for coaches to deal with
I don't know what they will do, but I do know he is a good one and the draft is loaded with receivers.

Carson

Reaction score
Don’t sleep on AJ Dillon. Market value is at $3.5 and never was the main back due to Jones.

If you come away with something like Reader, Jewell and Dillon I’d be stunned

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Multiple areas to improve.

To me, if Dallas were to truly go all in, it would mean

1) improving the No. 2 WR spot in free agency (moving Cooks to three and getting rid of Gallup)

2) improving the No. 1 RB spot in free agency AND drafting a backup/future starter (get someone who can plow the middle since that's what McCarthy has shown that he values more than anything else from a back)

3) improving center by going after a top FA there

4) improving DT/3-tech with a top FA (and upgrade NT, although I'd be OK with Hankins returning)

5) improving DE with another top-notch pass rusher

At QB, I don't think it's realistic to think we're going to make any moves.

At TE, I'm happy with the young guys we've got.

At OL, I'd probably re-sign Tyron if the amount is reasonable and keep working on seeing if Richards and Bass could be developed into future starters, other than signing a top FA center.

At CB, I'd re-sign either Gilmore or Lewis to be the third corner to Diggs and Bland.

At LB, I'd make it a draft priority, especially if whoever is the DC moves Parsons more to DE. (I feel OK about Overshown and Clark at the position competing with an early-round rookie.)

At S, I'm OK with Hooker, Wilson and Bell.

So my "all-in" plan would be five big free agent moves, which the Joneses would never do. They can do it, though, with new contracts for Prescott, Martin, Lamb, etc., that would bring down their hits and open up space. Yes, it would also mean they have to eat some dead cap down the line, but other teams have shown that you can do that and get right back on the horse. Go big or stay home, which is all we've managed to do under this current FA philosophy.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Multiple areas to improve.

To me, if Dallas were to truly go all in, it would mean

1) improving the No. 2 WR spot in free agency (moving Cooks to three and getting rid of Gallup)

2) improving the No. 1 RB spot in free agency AND drafting a backup/future starter (get someone who can plow the middle since that's what McCarthy has shown that he values more than anything else from a back)

3) improving center by going after a top FA there

4) improving DT/3-tech with a top FA (and upgrade NT, although I'd be OK with Hankins returning)

5) improving DE with another top-notch pass rusher

At QB, I don't think it's realistic to think we're going to make any moves.

At TE, I'm happy with the young guys we've got.

At OL, I'd probably re-sign Tyron if the amount is reasonable and keep working on seeing if Richards and Bass could be developed into future starters, other than signing a top FA center.

At CB, I'd re-sign either Gilmore or Lewis to be the third corner to Diggs and Bland.

At LB, I'd make it a draft priority, especially if whoever is the DC moves Parsons more to DE. (I feel OK about Overshown and Clark at the position competing with an early-round rookie.)

At S, I'm OK with Hooker, Wilson and Bell.

So my "all-in" plan would be five big free agent moves, which the Joneses would never do. They can do it, though, with new contracts for Prescott, Martin, Lamb, etc., that would bring down their hits and open up space. Yes, it would also mean they have to eat some dead cap down the line, but other teams have shown that you can do that and get right back on the horse. Go big or stay home, which is all we've managed to do under this current FA philosophy.
My top priority, though, would be one of the FA 3-techs (Chris Jones, Madubuike, Wilkins or Autry), whichever one shakes loose, Can't be getting five sacks or fewer from that position. Add Hunter, Allen, Greenard, Huff or Burns to play RDE and let Parsons attack from LB and the front is stout, especially if they added someone like Reader in place of Hankins ... although I think that might be cost-prohibitive (might can find a cheaper NT improvement, though, like Grover Stewart).

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh, and pipe dream. We're 30 something mill over the cap. FA's? I'm sure there are some 3 legged stiff hipped weaklings on our radar!!!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can any of them stop the run?

Blackrain

Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me understand how people don't see the need at DT. A disruptive DT who can both collapse the pocket and stymie the run improves every aspect of your D. I mean, I know Jerry doesn't understand this, is it a casual fan thing of not understanding how much of a difference top DT's make?
It's a lot of things brother it's a casual fan thing it's not a glitzy position it's not a position that necessarily garners a lot of sacks but it's a position that occupies two men if you have the right guy and changes the whole dynamic of your defense.

We look at our history when we had guys like Bob Lilly and Randy White we did pretty darn good.

It's really very basic if you just look back at the team's history it tells you what you need.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have to agree that we need to stop adding wrs because we THINK it will suit dak. Hes had all kinds of shapes and sizes.
I might be more productive to aquire a qb that matches nfl wrs.
:eek:o_O:oops::rolleyes:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys can absolutely afford 2 of these guys. In fact, I think they can probably afford 3 of them if you pick the right 3. I would take Jewell and Reader if these are my choices. But I think they can get Evans too.
I live in tampa bay and watch bucs quite often. Its possible evans could be even better than what i think he is....but i dont think hed like playing here.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's a lot of things brother it's a casual fan thing it's not a glitzy position it's not a position that necessarily garners a lot of sacks but it's a position that occupies two men if you have the right guy and changes the whole dynamic of your defense.

We look at our history when we had guys like Bob Lilly and Randy White we did pretty darn good.

It's really very basic if you just look back at the team's history it tells you what you need.
We've never won a super bowl w/o a topnotch DT 3 tech. Tony Casillas was woefully underrated by the fanbase in the early 90's. His acquisition was almost as impactful as getting Haley, maybe the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.