Mike Evans, Tee Higgins, Josey Jewell, Maurice Hurst, D.J. Reader, Connor Mcgovern

Status
Not open for further replies.

chagus

Reaction score
It’s a 2 read and check down offense. Lamb is the 1st read 90% of the time. Ferguson is the 2nd read 70% of the time. The 2nd and 3rd receiver are nothing but a decoy on 70% or more plays. Dropping cap on a receiver to be a decoy is a waste of resources. Hurst is 6’2” 291 and has 9.5 sacks in 5 seasons. OSA is 6’2 287 and has 9 sacks in 3 seasons is better vs the run, as a rusher and a better overall player. Not sure where the interest in this player comes from. I’d eat broccoli for a month if they dropped the cap it would take to sign Reader…. Thinks is about as likely as Jerry deciding to fade into the sunset. Jewel is the only player I see having a legitimate chance on this list assuming he’ll take a 2yr 12m ish contract similar to Esch!
Jewel would be an interesting addition. Doubt he goes that low tho. Nice b.emilia btw.

Blackrain

Reaction score
We've never won a super bowl w/o a topnotch DT 3 tech. Tony Casillas was woefully underrated by the fanbase in the early 90's. His acquisition was almost as impactful as getting Haley, maybe the same.
Agreed he was a darn good player and didn't get the recognition he deserved

Blackrain

Reaction score
Youd swear jerry does it on purpose at this point.
Yes brother I just don't get it we are plugged with two basic very basic problems in getting further in the playoffs we cannot run the ball and we cannot stop the run so instead of getting more help to do at least one of these projects we draft more tight ends in the second round.
Now granted we drafted Mazi but what part of plug and Play do these people not understand we don't have five years for him to develop we need to win now

Chasing6

Reaction score
bro they could get victor wembanyama to play WR and his throws would still be off target.
Ferguson is big and McCarthy needs to figure out how to Schoonmaker involved.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes brother I just don't get it we are plugged with two basic very basic problems in getting further in the playoffs we cannot run the ball and we cannot stop the run so instead of getting more help to do at least one of these projects we draft more tight ends in the second round.
Now granted we drafted Mazi but what part of plug and Play do these people not understand we don't have five years for him to develop we need to win now
And this has been a problem for years, and was definitely a problem preseason. However, the real problem keeps thrusting up it's ugly head, we have non-football people in charge. Jerry has no idea how to fix this.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ferguson is big and McCarthy needs to figure out how to Schoonmaker involved.
Please list all 32 teams #2 tight ends and give me their production, until than its where it needs to be..a slow process for schoon to learn and get soem tarte but blocking is his role. Same with WR3 and scat back rb backups etc for some strange reason spreading the ball around has turned into something different than it really is ,

literally just like the big three in most offenses those codes are going to get almost all the targets the rest are just eating like bread crumbs off from underneath the table..its how its set up with you have clear 1 at all positions..

Hadenough

Reaction score
Agree. DT, LB and OL is what is needed. We have plenty of jersey salesmen in CD, Micah and Dak. We need trenches guys that will do the dirty work so we can improve. We need to stop the run and improve our running game or it’s going to be more of the same regardless who plays QB and WR.
I agree about the trenches but a consistently accurate QB can create a very good run game by throwing to his RBs in stride.
Plus a QB that reads and reacts quickly is a plus.

plymkr

Reaction score
I agree about the trenches but a consistently accurate QB can create a very good run game by throwing to his RBs in stride.
Plus a QB that reads and reacts quickly is a plus.
Definitely. Our QB is holding us back, no doubt. I didn’t mention that in my post cuz I didn’t want to turn this into “one of those threads” were it ends up arguing about him.

But to your point. I agree, even with the trenches solidified we need better QB play in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.