Twitter: Mike Fisher: Cowboys re-engage Dak in contract talks

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Did they ever really do that, or is this just media exaggeration? Even so, there comes a point that either one side blinks, or both sides agree to compromise, and nothing can work until that point comes.

Hmm, it could be media, but it’s also hard to believe they’ve been negotiating for 14 months straight and still haven’t gotten anywhere

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I mean clearly this is rhetorical, but impasses are met and there’s nothing to be done sometimes. There’s no “benefit” it’s just a reality of negotiations.

that's what I mean, is an impasse with the guy you can’t lose really an impasse or are people just being stubborn?

basel90

Reaction score
A product of his offense. If you add in Dak's rushing TD's, his yardage & TD totals his first 3 years are very similar to what Romo did in 2014 when the Cowboys started using a more balanced run/pass attack. Besides, the job of the QB is to do what the team needs, not simply put up big stats for the sake of putting up big stats. Aikman was never a big stats guy, but he was what those 1990's teams needed at QB.

But I see the slant here - in the years the yardage & TD totals are more modest, wins mean nothing and stats are the key, and when he puts up the stats suddenly it's the wins that matter and stats mean nothing.
Romo was much more accurate as a passer and engineered some comeback wins . i cannot say this about Dak.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
that's what I mean, is an impasse with the guy you can’t lose really an impasse or are people just being stubborn?
I think the Cowboys had an advantage going into and even in the early part of the season in that they large sum of guaranteed money. Goff, Wentz and Prescott are all in similar tier of young potential franchise QB's. Once those two were signed, or even before, they should have been able to get this done. I think the Cowboys wanted too long of a deal

Qcard

Reaction score
Uh, Dak’s first three years don’t look anything like 2014. 2016 does a little bit, albeit less efficient. 2017 and 2018 were 2 of the worst years a QB has had here since Testeverde.
Dak is a bus driving, easily replaceable game manager. With the offensive line suddenly looking like 2018 again don’t be surprised if he runs back to the negotiating table.... knowing that the garbage time stats that his agent is undoubtedly pumping are coming to an end.
Yes...Dak will run back to the negotiating table because he'll have lost his "All - Pro Cocoon" ™(@Super_Kazuya est 2016) and Jason Garrett's Superbowl Caliber Coaching:lmao2:

You can't make this stuff up unless your mind came to a conclusion before all evidence was presented...

Once Dak signs you'll default back to what?

Last edited:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Hmm, it could be media, but it’s also hard to believe they’ve been negotiating for 14 months straight and still haven’t gotten anywhere

That is because they have not been negotiating for 14 months. Dak and his agent rejected initial offers and then shutdown all discussions.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
so Mr. Knowledge, mention to me the comeback wins Dak engineered .... do some research of your hero and then come back .

What is your definition of engineered? I do not any QB that has generated a comeback with help from his teammates. So provide your definition of a comeback.

basel90

Reaction score
What is your definition of engineered? I do not any QB that has generated a comeback with help from his teammates. So provide your definition of a comeback.
an engineered comeback is a 4th quarter come from behind win with a QB usually passing and directing plays with little time on the clock. Tony romo by the way has 24 of those. Dak i think has 3 . I don't recall a comeback game last year where gets credit for a win. Put simply, he does not have IT.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This always seemed like the obvious meaning behind the tag. Buying time.

Stop the sauce man, please no one is buying time for Prescott.
One thing that Jerry has shown is he pays and pays big for stars on the team.
Zeke, Coop,Dlaw heck even # 54 got their new deals.
But Dak got NADA a tag to prove this coming season he's worth the cash and trust me he will fall on his inept face as he did last season.
The reason Dak is not part of this group and got tagged is the simple fact the Jones aren't sold on him as the team's future Franchise QB!
Now accept it or live in la-la land Afterall its a free country.

basel90

Reaction score
Stop the sauce man, please no one is buying time for Prescott.
One thing that Jerry has shown is he pays and pays big for stars on the team.
Zeke, Coop,Dlaw heck even # 54 got their new deals.
But Dak got NADA a tag to prove this coming season he's worth the cash and trust me he will fall on his inept face as he did last season.
The reason Dak is not part of this group and got tagged is the simple fact the Jones aren't sold on him as the team's future Franchise QB!
Now accept it or live in la-la land Afterall its a free country.
Beautifully put :thumbup:. Dak has not proven anything . The majority of fans on this board voted that he doesn't deserve what he is asking for . I think we have seen enough of Dak to determine how limited he is. Jerry has a soft spot for him and likes to retain stars and usually overpays. i hope he does not shackle the team with Dak for long.

mmohican29

Reaction score
so Mr. Knowledge, mention to me the comeback wins Dak engineered .... do some research of your hero and then come back .

There's a 36 minute YouTube video of his comeback wins. It's the first link of a google search.

The man completes 65.8% of passes.

Per Pro Football Reference:

8 comebacks
14 game winning drives

In 4 seasons. He is 21st All Time on that list already.

Your post is a complete fail. Own it.

jnday

Reaction score
Yes...Dak will run back to the negotiating table because he'll have lost his "All - Pro Cocoon" ™(@Super_Kazuya est 2016) and Jason Garrett's Superbowl Caliber Coaching:lmao2:

You can't make this stuff up unless your mind came to a conclusion before all evidence was presented...

Once Dak signs you'll default back to what?
You, and others, use coaching as an excuse to defend Dak. It is the same coaching that had him passing for all of those yards this year and putting up great stats that is constantly brought up when defending Dak’s play. If his play is changing from game to game due to coaching , he has more problems than even the Dak haters knows about. Exactly how does this work? Does he only have bad coaching when he plays bad and needs an excuse for his bad game? It seems odd that the same coaching produced 400-500 yard passing days for Dak, or is Dak responsible for all that by himself?

basel90

Reaction score
There's a 36 minute YouTube video of his comeback wins. It's the first link of a google search.

The man completes 65.8% of passes.

Per Pro Football Reference:

8 comebacks
14 game winning drives

In 4 seasons. Ranking 21st All Time.

Your post is a complete fail. Own it.
Empty yards against infreriors , and in dead time .
Comebacks can be team driven . I think he threw one or 2 TDs for a win in his comebacks . I think all against losing teams

face it man , you are chasing a ghost called Dak . He will melt down every time against good teams . We have all seen it. Go watch last year games and see his 1-6 record against winning teams . He also managed to lose to the jets and the bears ,

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's hope Dak and his agent, Todd France, might see fit to allow a more team-friendly stance to govern their demands this time.:thumbup:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beautifully put :thumbup:. Dak has not proven anything . The majority of fans on this board voted that he doesn't deserve what he is asking for . I think we have seen enough of Dak to determine how limited he is. Jerry has a soft spot for him and likes to retain stars and usually overpays. i hope he does not shackle the team with Dak for long.
Jerry has a soft spot for that MASSIVE EGO of his.
He still won't stomach the mistake he made with Romo and Prescott.
Real-world talk Dak is a DUD!
As far as the Dak-Zoids here I'm sure some are paid by Dak's PR dept to promote his Greatness on all platforms on social media.
Don't forget PR is Dak specialty as the dude will even use close family members passing to be liked.
Pathetic!

mmohican29

Reaction score
Empty yards against infreriors , and in dead time .
Comebacks can be team driven . I think he threw one or 2 TDs for a win in his comebacks . I think all against losing teams

face it man , you are chasing a ghost called Dak . He will melt down every time against good teams . We have all seen it. Go watch last year games and see his 1-6 record against winning teams . He also managed to lose to the jets and the bears ,

Your post sucks. It's factually incorrect and meritless.

Deuces.