Mike Jenkins: A Disgrace To The Star...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I like the kid, but that was pathetic.

If he doesn't get called out in the film room its just another example of what is wrong with this team.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Jenkins looked pathetic and weak but,

maybe he knew the game was over and he didn't want to risk an injury over nothing. Can't blame him. The front seven didn't do squat to stop the RB. The Cowboys can't afford another injury to a CB.

No Cowboy wanted to play that game today.

Rounder

Reaction score
TheCount;2392708 said:
He's a fine pick at corner, he wasn't gonna stop Ward

It's not a matter of him being able to stop Ward, from the eight yard line by the way. It's the fact that he completely gave up.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
TheCount;2392708 said:
He's a fine pick at corner, he wasn't gonna stop Ward and he wasn't going to win this game with a tackle there. This team isn't taught to play bare knuckle, slug it out football. We live and die on big plays, and right now we're dying due to lack of them.

He should be cut before he gets out of the locker room. Corners shouldn't hit a RB? See our back up punter from last week.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rounder;2392752 said:
It's not a matter of him being able to stop Ward, from the eight yard line by the way. It's the fact that he completely gave up.

The whole team gave up, then we scored and they got back into it, then things got tough and they gave up again.

newlander

Reaction score
No way no how shnagy. Not an overreaction. Just a fact, he's a quitter and you're an enabler. Keep drinking the kool aid. This team is heading for 7-9 or 8-8. Just as well if it will get rid of Wade.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
ninja;2392749 said:
Jenkins looked pathetic and weak but,

maybe he knew the game was over and he didn't want to risk an injury over nothing. Can't blame him. The front seven didn't do squat to stop the RB. The Cowboys can't afford another injury to a CB.

No Cowboy wanted to play that game today.

wow.

I bet he picks up his check.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I have to agree with you. Anyone that doesn't think that a team is reflective of it's coach is delusional.

Mike Fishers team never played like this even when they sucked. You give me a great coach, a really good QB, fast receivers, 2 passrushers and 1 corner, it's a Super Bowl.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2392764 said:
He should be cut before he gets out of the locker room. Corners shouldn't hit a RB? See our back up punter from last week.

A) He's not going to be cut.
B) I never said he should not hit the RB, but we knew what he was when we drafted him, he's not a hitter.
C) We all knew we were going to get killed today, why are you guys acting surprised?

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
I agree. This team is undisciplined and doesn't play hard at all. When is Jerry going to figure out how to pick a good coach?

You can find all the good players you want. If they aren't coached well and play as a team then you're wasting your money. Plus it makes the fans kinda mad.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jenkins has plenty of company when it comes to quitting on plays.

But by the time the specific play being referenced happened, the will of the Cowboys was completely broken and the game was lost.

Don't underestimate how much that influences almost all players.

roy31

Reaction score
I can't believe anybody could defend him on that .If it really did'nt matter , why switch Qbs?

30yrheel

Reaction score
that play made me sick. get a coaching staff with balls in here!

Eskimo

Reaction score
This whole team is soft and weak-minded. It is not a surprise that the players will give up in that situation.

Wade sets the tone for this team and we are as soft. That's what you get for the no contact training camp.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
TheCount;2392796 said:
A) He's not going to be cut.
B) I never said he should hit the RB, but we knew what he was when we drafted him, he's not a hitter.
C) We all knew we were going to get killed today, why are you guys acting surprised?

A) he should be.
B) Go figure, Jerry drafts a football player who don't like to hit.
C) Yes I knew we would lose, I was hoping for at least an effort.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The only reason Mike Jenkins "quitting" on the play stood out was because it was in space. Players quit on plays all game long on both sides of the ball.

Hell, maybe players are starting to take after fans...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I like Jenkins.

I think he and Scandrick are going to give us tremendous play at the corner position for years to come.

I think Jenkins and Scandrick were our two best corners on the field today.

I liked the way he read Eli's eyes on that gift wrapped pick six.

I was embarrassed for the Cowboys franchise when they showed that replay of him copping out on that Ward TD. He clearly could have thrown his body in there and made the tackle.

He will take the full brunt in the film room. That's guaranteed. After the barrage he takes you can rest assured he won't loaf again like that while wearing the beloved star.

newlander

Reaction score
Jeff Fisher is coach of Tenn., and I agree: they play hard for him because he's RESPECTED.Wade is a clown in comparison.