Mike Jenkins: A Disgrace To The Star...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2392807 said:
Jenkins has plenty of company when it comes to quitting on plays.

But by the time the specific play being referenced happened, the will of the Cowboys was completely broken and the game was lost.

Don't underestimate how much that influences almost all players.

Bull, he was scared like a little girl. Why is any one who's a Cowboy fan sticking up for the wuss?

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
TheCount;2392796 said:
A) He's not going to be cut.
B) I never said he should not hit the RB, but we knew what he was when we drafted him, he's not a hitter.
C) We all knew we were going to get killed today, why are you guys acting surprised?

Because we at least want our team to play like they care. We at want them to at least make the Giants sore in the morning...We at least want to see a little mean and a little pride ----we didn't see squat

jimmy40

Reaction score
newlander;2392622 said:
I have never said that in my 32 years of being a fan of this team. To quit on that run play and not tackle Ward....I'm glad Fox caught it because it was so obvious I caught it live. He was at the EIGHT YARD LINE FOR GOD SAKES:bang2: I'm back to where I really think Wade has lost this team. The proof is in the pudding guys.

If you root for TO then I'm sure you'll forgive Jenkins.

newlander

Reaction score
Because they're enablers and koolaid drinkers DaveinNC. But JJ isn't: and this might just get wade fired in the bye week. The team QUIT again today....not acceptable.

mmohican29

Reaction score
That was bad by Jenkins. No question. But let's give him a chance to redeem himself in a game where we have a shot to win before dismissing him as a "gutless quitter". He will learn that won't cut it in this league. But Deion Sanders used to do the same crap. Jenkins isn't Deion true, but he is a rookie and he'll learn or he will be gone.

roy31

Reaction score
texbumthelife;2392844 said:
The only reason Mike Jenkins "quitting" on the play stood out was because it was in space. Players quit on plays all game long on both sides of the ball.

Hell, maybe players are starting to take after fans...

Taking after fans???????? There is a difference between quitting and being extremely dissapointed . If we had quit we would'nt be here.Try being realistic

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Agreed with the OP. i was gonna make a thread about this but i decided to cool off and go eat with the family. But seriously Jenkins absolutely disgraced himself today! He embarassed not only him himself but the Dallas Cowboys and that is unacceptable. If Wade has any balls or guts he will Suspend Jenkins for the next game at the Commanders i think it is. But who am i kidding Wade is a *****! That was sickening to watch and was most embarassed by him than i was by johnson who at least was trying out there. Pathetic...

newlander

Reaction score
You got me on that one mmohican29. Jenkins pulled a 'Deion' for sure.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
roy31;2392920 said:
Taking after fans???????? There is a difference between quitting and being extremely dissapointed . If we had quit we would'nt be here.Try being realistic

Nor are we being paid to be fans. He gets paid to hit, unless his contract states he doesn't have to make open field contact or to keep playing during a blow out.:D

Rounder

Reaction score
mmohican29;2392912 said:
But let's give him a chance to redeem himself in a game where we have a shot to win before dismissing him as a "gutless quitter". He will learn that won't cut it in this league. But Deion Sanders used to do the same crap. Jenkins isn't Deion true, but he is a rookie and he'll learn or he will be gone.

When we have a shot to win? What is that? How you play when you're down and out is a true way to know if a player is a "gutless quitter" or not.

Deion would at least throw his body at the guys legs.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
mmohican29;2392912 said:
That was bad by Jenkins. No question. But let's give him a chance to redeem himself in a game where we have a shot to win before dismissing him as a "gutless quitter". He will learn that won't cut it in this league. But Deion Sanders used to do the same crap. Jenkins isn't Deion true, but he is a rookie and he'll learn or he will be gone.

No, hes a gutless quitter.

End of story.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
There is NO excuse for that.

I don't care what the situation was or what the score was.

That was embarrassing and pathetic.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I woulnd't call him a disgrace to the star. I'd call him a rookie that has been - unfortunately - on the end of some sorry coaching.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Rack;2392996 said:
I woulnd't call him a disgrace to the star. I'd call him a rookie that has been - unfortunately - on the end of some sorry coaching.

Rack he was scared to make the hit. He's been coached his whole football life to make hits, he's a wuss.

kmp77

Reaction score
I'll never forget that play. Total disgrace. Jenkins should have to watch that play over and over.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
he could have at least pulled a Deion and dove at the air, just to make it seem like he tried...

but no..he completely stopped, stood there and watched Ward run right by him for the TD

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Wade Phillips should've "Singletaried" Mike Jenkins. Go watch the last of the game in the lockeroom!

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
BlueStar22;2393030 said:
Wade Phillips should've "Singletaried" Mike Jenkins. Go watch the last of the game in the lockeroom!

Problem is Phillips needs to be Singletaried himself.

Warick

Reaction score
Watching the NFL channel, and just before the commercial break, they show that play, and deion says "No, he didn't, did you see that?"