Mike Jenkins: A Disgrace To The Star...

Slashar00

Reaction score
It looks worse in slow motion.

There's not a single person posting in this thread that could have made that tackle on Ward. Ward is fast, and Jenkins got caught snoozing ... not quitting.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Slashar00;2393699 said:

There's not a single person posting in this thread that could have made that tackle on Ward. Ward is fast, and Jenkins got caught snoozing ... not quitting.

you're missing the whole point. he didn't even try. he could have at least bumped him. he BACKED OFF. it was the most pathetic thing i've ever seen in sports outside of soccer.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Slashar00;2393699 said:

Nope, you're dead wrong.. He wanted no parts of that tackle and it was obvious and clear. Film session is gonna be very hard for him..

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2393480 said:
What? That makes zero sense. He made an easy play and rolled over on a TD saving (no matter what the score was) tackle. No it doesn't. He should be tared and feathered.:D
He made an EASY play. He caught a ball. Funny how a lot of guys couldn't do an EASY play like that today as well. :rolleyes:

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
Look back on the 1st game of the season last year. Roy Williams did the same thing. Scared of being ran over by Ward this is not new.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
odog422;2393181 said:
Don't forget Jacobs running through team leader Bradie James' tackle on his TD run.

No one forgets, it just that happens in almost every game that fans/coaches/owners have become inured to it.

But hey, he's a leader.:rolleyes:

juck

Reaction score
That was probably the worst effort i have ever seen in sports,almost like he was told to not tackle him,made no sense.

lockster

Reaction score
I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking what's up with Jenkins on that play.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Slashar00;2393699 said:

There's not a single person posting in this thread that could have made that tackle on Ward.
Maybe we wouldn't have made it, but we damn sure wouldn't have stood there and watched.

Mike Jenkins is garbage in my book until he redeems himself for that gutless showing.

And to think that he was the postgame show's player of the game and got a bunch of rose petals thrown at him for that gift INT by Brad and Babe. He was talking like he'd just had a great game. Pathetic.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
It was pathetic. But people are calling for him to be cut? Seriously? And somebody keeps throwing out the word enabler, as if we have any bearing on him?

Some people overreact way too much. He will be taken care of in the film room. I'd love to save this thread and just see where Jenkins ends up in a few years. I can't believe people are actually wanting him cut in his first half of a season in the NFL. That was a dumb rookie thing to do, no doubt, but I believe it is something you will never see him do again.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
ethiostar;2392677 said:
He was looking straight at Ward, about 2-3 yards away, and did nothing. I saw it and i was so confused. I couldn't figure out what the hell he was thinking.

:starspin :bang2:

rw54

Reaction score
I think he froze more than quit. This comes from not practicing hitting. He seemed not to be able to process what he should do because Ward was coming at him so fast. He froze. Many years ago, we would start spring practice with all different kinds of tackling drills. It took some guys alot of reps to adjust their reaction times with the speed of some of our faster guys. It takes practice. More for some than for others. He deserves heat because heat helps you learn but I wouldn't give up on him for this play.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2394229 said:
Maybe we wouldn't have made it, but we damn sure wouldn't have stood there and watched.

Mike Jenkins is garbage in my book until he redeems himself for that gutless showing.

And to think that he was the postgame show's player of the game and got a bunch of rose petals thrown at him for that gift INT by Brad and Babe. He was talking like he'd just had a great game. Pathetic.

I just watched that.

It made me want to puke and at the same time reconfirmed what this team is.

The fact that only rookies and brooks bollinger did the post game show says alot. Usually andre gurode is tripping over himself to get on tv when they win....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its not as big as you guys are making it. I think it was a prime example of Jenkins thinking other guys had him and he got caught up in the moment. HE's scored the only touchdown this defense has. It was a heads up play. I'm proud of his play. Now that play he gave up on I dislike. But I don't think it makes him a "character in question" type player. He's been good this season. Made some plays here and there. He actually was one of the few guys actually tackling well today. But i'm not gonna write him off. He was a great draft pick. A disgrace to the star? Hardly.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
rocyaice;2394758 said:
Its not as big as you guys are making it. I think it was a prime example of Jenkins thinking other guys had him and he got caught up in the moment. HE's scored the only touchdown this defense has. It was a heads up play. I'm proud of his play. Now that play he gave up on I dislike. But I don't think it makes him a "character in question" type player. He's been good this season. Made some plays here and there. He actually was one of the few guys actually tackling well today. But i'm not gonna write him off. He was a great draft pick. A disgrace to the star? Hardly.

I'm glad somebody has some perspective. There has to be some sanity in these forums. :)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
rocyaice;2394758 said:
Its not as big as you guys are making it. I think it was a prime example of Jenkins thinking other guys had him and he got caught up in the moment.
Dude, are you kidding? It's football. You're on defense. The ballcarrier is coming right at you. You tackle him. It's that simple.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2394779 said:
Dude, are you kidding? It's football. You're on defense. The ballcarrier is coming right at you. You tackle him. It's that simple.

Hard to blame him, when he sees leaders on this team like hamlin doing the same thing week after week.

then throw in the only talk about the positives atmosphere this team has and hey....good times...I got a pick for a score.....what else do you need from me.