Mike Leach on QB accuracy

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Is that going to be a trend in 2019 around here? Disagree, get labeled a hater and take arguments personally?

When you exaggerate to prove how bad he is and don't use common sense I just question your motives.

To say the kid simply got worse and not see the obvious downward condition of the Oline as a major factor doesn't make sense.

InTheZone

Reaction score
When you exaggerate to prove how bad he is and don't use common sense I just question your motives.

To say the kid simply got worse and not see the obvious downward condition of the Oline as a major factor doesn't make sense.
in a run oriented offense the eye ball test showed us all he was hesitant to throw with guys open, even the hot reads. Why are you even arguing against this? Then to lead the league in sacks with a terrible sack rate compared to other QBs that is called regression. It all goes back to Dak making LITTLE progress in this regard since his rookie year, as you assume he's progressed a lot every year reading defenses I disagree. That is why I say the scheme determines a lot of Daks success rather than his natural ability to QB.

Oline did drop off, but it wasn't anywhere near terrible. But what we saw as fact is that if Dak doesn't have the best oline he makes it look like the worst, in this case we're talking sack count/pass protection.

Just chill and try to understand

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
But the Rams weren’t a playoff team until Goff took over even with that talent and if you think the Chiefs were as prolific with Smith then we’ll just have to disagree. Neither were championship caliber teams before those QB’s took over. That’s how I see it anyway.

And it appears to me the Cowboys have taken a step back offensively since Romo was here. Fortunately we have a greater defense which is carrying us now.
So Goff was 15/28, 186 yards and 0 TDs in the playoffs and that's carrying the team?

You need to stop drinking the White Claw.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
in a run oriented offense the eye ball test showed us all he was hesitant to throw with guys open, even the hot reads. Why are you even arguing against this? Then to lead the league in sacks with a terrible sack rate compared to other QBs that is called regression. It all goes back to Dak making LITTLE progress in this regard since his rookie year, as you assume he's progressed a lot every year reading defenses I disagree. That is why I say the scheme determines a lot of Daks success rather than his natural ability to QB.

But he was not hesitant the first 24 games. Why?

Dak told us all why. He admitted he was having issues. But there were reasons why. Not ability related.

If you call regressing as playing worse, then ok. But if take regression as getting worse its simply NOT possible.

Sacks are 80% a blocking issue buddy. Any other angle is ridiculous and I wont debate it.

As far as natural ability guys like you made up your mind about Dak is his first or second year. Ridiculous to judge a kid and say he cant be great that early. Scheme determines success with all QB's.

InTheZone

Reaction score
But he was not hesitant the first 24 games. Why?

Dak told us all why. He admitted he was having issues. But there were reasons why. Not ability related.

If you call regressing as playing worse, then ok. But if take regression as getting worse its simply NOT possible.

Sacks are 80% a blocking issue buddy. Any other angle is ridiculous and I wont debate it.

As far as natural ability guys like you made up your mind about Dak is his first or second year. Ridiculous to judge a kid and say he cant be great that early. Scheme determines success with all QB's.
When you start off falsely stating he was on point for the first 24 games I can't help explain myself anymore. For the sake of the franchise he just needs to get better

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No, Not really. It’s cool you want to attribute other people’s comments to me, because otherwise you don’t have an argument. But I hardly ever have mention Dak’s W/L record. I have mentioned the teams accomplishments a few times in the context of stating that Dak played well enough for the team to win a certain number of games.

But I’ve never attributed wins and losses solely to Dak, ever. Nor any other player for that matter.

I also seem to remember many times saying that Dak was, and this is a direct quote “playing like poop” earlier in the season. I don’t see how that’s not holding him accountable for the games he was playing poorly.

The question mark denotes a question. If I was sure you did do that I would have made a statement that ended in a period.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I like to judge a person’s baseline intelligence by asking them a simple math problem:

Is 55 “150% more” than 37?

:lmao:

So you know I'm a genius then? Got it.

I'll also says a lot about someone's intelligence when they can't remember events that's happened so recently. And dont know that %'s take into account sample size :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::facepalm:

Also @Idgit . Just out of the blue, it's crazy.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So Goff was 15/28, 186 yards and 0 TDs in the playoffs and that's carrying the team?

You need to stop drinking the White Claw.
Your using stats to support your narrative .

Goff performance throughout the season carried them to 13-3 and a bye in the playoffs with one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL.

Certainly he had help but I don’t see that team as a prolific offense with Dak instead. Maybe you do, IDK. But that’s how I see it.

And surely you can make a point without a snide remark or insult?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So you know I'm a genius then? Got it.

I'll also says a lot about someone's intelligence when they can't remember events that's happened so recently. And dont know that %'s take into account sample size :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::facepalm:

Also @Idgit . Just out of the blue, it's crazy.

You mean when I provided the post numbers that actually provided the sequence for context that blew up your little lie.

Since you can’t handle simple math here’s a riddle:

What do you call it when you get exposed lying, corrected, and banned?

We call that the QuincyCarterEra

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Your using stats to support your narrative .

Goff performance throughout the season carried them to 13-3 and a bye in the playoffs with one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL.

Certainly he had help but I don’t see that team as a prolific offense with Dak instead. Maybe you do, IDK. But that’s how I see it.

And surely you can make a point without a snide remark or insult?

The offense in 2016 was pretty prolific. That team went 13-3 and got a first round bye too.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wow... utter BS.
So what do you think is "carrying"?
Without all the dithering.
I thought those were anologies everyone could relate to. Obviously you don’t agree with my opinions and subjective term of carrying. That’s fine. We’re all certainly entitled to believe what we will.

blumayne38

Reaction score

Fallacy