Mike Leach on QB accuracy

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I’ve never really heard anyone define “carrying”. It’s like many subjective descriptions whether it’s” great “ or “ elite”. You kinda either get it and agree with it or your looking to break it down if you don’t.

And why I used the anologies I did earlier about how we might look at the same girl and one of us might see “ hot” and the other doesn’t.
This is garbage.
You try to make your peace known and debate with others while your definitions of everything are so ambiguous...
It's utter BS.

Corso

Reaction score
Yeah, carrying is more of a media term, used to exaggerate how well someone played. There's no real definition in the NFL because it's impossible for any one player to actually carry 21 others.
Garbage, when someone is debating a point.
You giving an out is intellectually lazy.
And, of course he likes your comment.
Why wouldn't he?

kskboys

Reaction score
Garbage, when someone is debating a point.
You giving an out is intellectually lazy.
And, of course he likes your comment.
Why wouldn't he?
Just stating truth, my good sir. Lazy would be to not comment on it.

And if defining a term gives someone that much of an out, gotta say the opposing argument must've been extremely weak and not very well thought out!!!!!!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Don't get so butthurt my dude.

"Never once answered" 1. Lmao four examples AGAIN! For the 2nd time. If you can't read you can't read. Liar
Lol, where?

2. Xwalker corrected himself in a post after his initial, and I agreed with him. Liar again.
Lol, okay where?

3. More proof that you claimed you were an engineer. And Kiser can back it up. Liar
Loooool, WHERE?

4. Just did.
What?
Lmao. You literally can't be this dumb. It's impossible.

I think it’s clear what your lame tactic is here. You know you’re lying and you’re okay with that. You’re just hoping to repeat the same lies to the point someone might be convinced to save face.

I responded to your post showing the sequence and context. You want to pull the blanket over your eyes and just yell through the sheets like it’s not really there.

Corso

Reaction score
Just stating truth, my good sir. Lazy would be to not comment on it.

And if defining a term gives someone that much of an out, gotta say the opposing argument must've been extremely weak and not very well thought out!!!!!!
Not at all, the point could be prima facie, but facing someone who plays God to the rules makes it moot.
Think about that.

blumayne38

Reaction score
This is garbage.
You try to make your peace known and debate with others while your definitions of everything are so ambiguous...
It's utter BS.

I guess jimmy N Troy are full of poop also

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, Omer, I did not. I've explained this several times, and you simply keep trying to make me believe your theory. We are getting nowhere, and at this point it just turns to insults. Is that what you're aiming for?

We agree on a lot, prolly on most. Here's one we don't agree on. What's the problem? Why are you trying to fight?
Of course you did because you chose to alter the scenario presented to make it more suitable for your purpose rather than answer the question as presented, and you added a skill set into your argument that you previously had treated as subordinate.

It also denies the fact that every individual player has his own set of skills, with some of those skills possibly being slightly better than another player, and some possibly worse. It’s easy to simply say you should go with the guy better at everything, but that’s not real world. Obviously it’s not that simple or every team would have a superstar at every position.

Obviously there has to be an acceptable level of accuracy, and if I were claiming teams would be willing to accept a guy whose every throw was an adventure and who threw balls into the dugout or down the right field line at an alarming rate, that would be different. But I’m not.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Dak already admitted what the problem was the first 8 games of this year. It cleared up and confirmed several things. He said guys were getting open he simply wasn't comfortable with the way things were.

So this confirms two things. Both haters and supporters were right.

1. It was definitely a lot Dak. He was holding the ball, not getting it out to the right places
2. But it was because of the dumb receiver by committee nonsense and his comfort with scheme and time with receivers and the abilities of those receivers. Which is exactly what many of us said. Once Cooper came and there was continuity with Cooper and Gallup on the outside and Beasley in the slot he was comfortable and it was a huge difference.
So it wasn't his lack of ability, but his comfort level, scheme, and receivers that caused him to play poorly, which he was. Besides the Oline play.

“We like to spread the ball around, we don’t need a #1 WR” straight out of the horses (daks) mouth. If anyone is to blame it’s himself for thinking he was better then he really was.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not at all, the point could be prima facie, but facing someone who plays God to the rules makes it moot.
Think about that.
Sorry, Cors, don't play by those rules. I call 'em the way I see 'em, and ignore the little fetishes and fancies of posters. Only way to keep my sanity!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Of course you did because you chose to alter the scenario presented to make it more suitable for your purpose rather than answer the question as presented, and you added a skill set into your argument that you previously had treated as subordinate.

It also denies the fact that every individual player has his own set of skills, with some of those skills possibly being slightly better than another player, and some possibly worse. It’s easy to simply say you should go with the guy better at everything, but that’s not real world. Obviously it’s not that simple or every team would have a superstar at every position.

Obviously there has to be an acceptable level of accuracy, and if I were claiming teams would be willing to accept a guy whose every throw was an adventure and who threw balls into the dugout or down the right field line at an alarming rate, that would be different. But I’m not.
C'mon, dude, no reason to play these little silly games. Be an adult, admit we're not going to agree, and quit throwing childish insults at me for no reason. I really think more of you than that, but this little tirade you're on is quite silly.

Would it help to say I've played baseball at a high level, and have seen personally what I'm referring to? I don't want to, because bragging is just so childish.

Corso

Reaction score
Sorry, Cors, don't play by those rules. I call 'em the way I see 'em, and ignore the little fetishes and fancies of posters. Only way to keep my sanity!!!!!!!
You have no idea buddy. He brings up a point, I ask him to define it because he goes off the reservation on it and you just fall in.
He was tasked a question about what young QB is carrying a team and he answered very poorly and backed it up with he can define "carrying" any way he wants.

That is so poor for debating something, which he carries dear to his heart on a forum.
And you just backed it.
He brought the term and he won't define it.

And you "called it like you saw it".
Did you see something different?
And lol, fetishes and fancies...
I call it being concise in your arguments, once you make one.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Kyler Murray is next in line for the Baseball/QB hybrid. Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, and soon kyler Murray

kskboys

Reaction score
You have no idea buddy. He brings up a point, I ask him to define it because he goes off the reservation on it and you just fall in.
He was tasked a question about what young QB is carrying a team and he answered very poorly and backed it up with he can define "carrying" any way he wants.

That is so poor for debating something, which he carries dear to his heart on a forum.
And you just backed it.
He brought the term and he won't define it.

And you "called it like you saw it".
Did you see something different?
And lol, fetishes and fancies...
I call it being concise in your arguments, once you make one.
Your little insults are darling, darling!!!!

I've known him for years. Not interested in getting into this. I simply saw a term, and told my thoughts on it. That's all. I didn't even know you guys were having an argument. I didn't back anything, merely commented on what I thought of the term "carrying". That's all. That's it. Your vitriol for him is leaking out, sweetheart!!!!

Corso

Reaction score
Your little insults are darling, darling!!!!

I've known him for years. Not interested in getting into this. I simply saw a term, and told my thoughts on it. That's all. I didn't even know you guys were having an argument. I didn't back anything, merely commented on what I thought of the term "carrying". That's all. That's it. Your vitriol for him is leaking out, sweetheart!!!!
I didn't insult anything. Darling.

kskboys

Reaction score
Time for me to bow out of this kindergarten!!!!! You guys can reply to me however you like, and declare yourself the winner, I'm fine w/ it. I won't be back to this oh so stellar thread!!!!! (I think it's the repeating type!!!)

Going to bed soon, sweet dreams everyone!!!!