Mike Leach on QB accuracy

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
manbench.jpg

cern

Reaction score
Carrying=elevating. Inspiring the team to give everything on the field to win the game on the final drive. Case in point, John elway on "the drive". Imo. Specificity is nor required to understand.

blumayne38

Reaction score

Most these guys throw with a super quick release and from all sorts of angles. Is has to be a benefit for foot all players who play baseball also.

cern

Reaction score

Most these guys throw with a super quick release and from all sorts of angles. Is has to be a benefit for foot all players who play baseball also.

Hand grenades were made more in the shape and weight of baseballs (not footballs) as they were easier to throw.

Last edited:
Reactions: G2

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Carrying=elevating. Inspiring the team to give everything on the field to win the game on the final drive. Case in point, John elway on "the drive". Imo. Specificity is nor required to understand.
You've never debated on a real level, have you?
Specificity is kind of crucial when you delve into an argument.

As a mathematician, I would think you'd appreciate that.

Corso

Reaction score

Real question because I don't really follow baseball: Do baseball players, or football players get compensated better?
Baseball doesn't have a cap, right? But there are a lot more players to budget into...

I really don't know.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Hand grenades were made more in the shape and weight of baseball's (not footballs) as they were easier to throw.
Okay, but the mechanics are exactly the same I just posted a video. People who don’t see this just ignore the obvious similarities. And people with smaller hand can’t throw the football? All QBs hold the football differently depending on comfort and hand size

blumayne38

Reaction score

cern

Reaction score
You've never debated on a real level, have you?
Specificity is kind of crucial when you delve into an argument.

As a mathematician, I would think you'd appreciate that.
We're talking opinions, not logic. I had to defend cern in a French court against a faction that feared we would create mini black holes that would swallow the earth. Glad to say I won the argument and the earth is still here.

Corso

Reaction score
We're talking opinions, not logic. I had to defend cern in a French court against a faction that feared we would create mini black holes that would swallow the earth. Glad to say I won the argument and the earth is still here.
I'm glad the Earth is still here too! Thank you!

Edit: even if the creation of black holes were to, in the unimaginably unlikely event, occur- wouldn't they be super tiny and disappear in the blink of a thought? I think I was reading a paper, maybe a thesis on that... I need to look that back up. It was years ago.

Man! That was a long edit!

cern

Reaction score
Okay, but the mechanics are exactly the same I just posted a video. People who don’t see this just ignore the obvious similarities. And people with smaller hand can’t throw the football? All QBs hold the football differently depending on comfort and hand size
I was just kidding. And today's military uses grenade launchers. Better range, better accuracy.:)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
C'mon, dude, no reason to play these little silly games. Be an adult, admit we're not going to agree, and quit throwing childish insults at me for no reason. I really think more of you than that, but this little tirade you're on is quite silly.

Would it help to say I've played baseball at a high level, and have seen personally what I'm referring to? I don't want to, because bragging is just so childish.

Where was the insult? I didn’t call you names or suggest you are an inferior person. I said you altered the scenario to fit your purposes, which you clearly did. It’s in print.

And no, it wouldn’t help, because I have played baseball at a high level myself, all of which was at SS and 2B.

What do you think was the primary skill that got Ozzie Smith into the Hall of Fame, the glove or the arm? You can’t even say it was the bat because that wouldn’t have got him anywhere close.

Do you think in 20 years there was never anybody else in the Orioles organization that could throw a ball to 1st base as accurately as Ripken, or did maybe his great instincts, cannon arm and the way he studied the tendencies of each hitter set him apart? And when they moved him to 3rd base late in his career was that because his accuracy had diminished, or because his range had diminished?

The thing is, a lot of players can throw a ball accurately across the infield but few can do it with the same range and instincts and steady glove that the best players can. That’s what sets apart the best players.

Corso

Reaction score
Where was the insult? I didn’t call you names or suggest you are an inferior person. I said you altered the scenario to fit your purposes, which you clearly did. It’s in print.

And no, it wouldn’t help, because I have played baseball at a high level myself, all of which was at SS and 2B.

What do you think was the primary skill that got Ozzie Smith into the Hall of Fame, the glove or the arm? You can’t even say it was the bat because that wouldn’t have got him anywhere close.

Do you think in 20 years there was never anybody else in the Orioles organization that could throw a ball to 1st base as accurately as Ripken, or did maybe his great instincts, cannon arm and the way he studied the tendencies of each hitter set him apart? And when they moved him to 3rd base late in his career was that because his accuracy had diminished, or because his range had diminished?

The thing is, a lot of players can throw a ball accurately across the infield but few can do it with the same range and instincts and steady glove that the best players can. That’s what sets apart the best players.
Old boy did the same to me. Not sure what is going on...

cern

Reaction score
I'm glad the Earth is still here too! Thank you!

Edit: even if the creation of black holes were to, in the unimaginably unlikely event, occur- wouldn't they be super tiny and disappear in the blink of a thought? I think I was reading a paper, maybe a thesis on that... I need to look that back up. It was years ago.

Man! That was a long edit!
You are correct. They would disappear almost immediately.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Ever heard of the Mandela effect?? You don’t know how traumatic finding our Bernstein bears is actually Berenstein bears and looney toons is actually looney tunes is for me. Hits joint and pops pills and sips my whiskey bottle...:laugh: the world is in fact over

Last edited: