Mike McCarthy a fraud?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Is the season over? Because look at our division, it's awful and 1 win is all anyone has.
no matter how devoid of talent the Eagles might be, they scrap and claw to find wins when this team doesn't. until this team shows good football on the field for an extended period, no one should put any stock in them.

Swagger

Reaction score
no matter how devoid of talent the Eagles might be, they scrap and claw to find wins when this team doesn't. until this team shows good football on the field for an extended period, no one should put any stock in them.
True story.

Winning mentality/culture

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Of course the offense isn't blameless but this defense has sunk to embarrassing levels. If I made a top 10 list of what's wrong with this team, the only part of the offense that would be in the top 5 would be the OL. Which has directly impacted our ability to establish any sort of running game.

The three losses were by 3, 7 and 11 pts. One less turnover that led to pts by the other team could have meant at least one more win, maybe 2.
Of course no doubt the defense is bad, but less mistakes by the offense and we wouldn't be so much down on the defense...

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
Jimmy's attitude wasn't the reason he left the Cowboys, his getting most of the credit for winning the two SBs was. If by attitude you mean Jimmy's attitude toward Jerry, then I'm with ya...
Yeah when I say Jimmy's attitude that means hard-nosed coach who holds people accountable; doesn't put up with incompetence from his players or coaches; and demands that the buck stops with him.

Jerry is well known for trying to throw in his two cents and sticking his nose into the coach's business. That's why I said he wouldn't want to go down that road again, where a strong-willed head coach would push back on his meddling.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yeah when I say Jimmy's attitude that means hard-nosed coach who holds people accountable; doesn't put up with incompetence from his players or coaches; and demands that the buck stops with him.

Jerry is well known for trying to throw in his two cents and sticking his nose into the coach's business. That's why I said he wouldn't want to go down that road again, where a strong-willed head coach would push back on his meddling.

That's what I meant by Jimmy's attitude towards Jerry...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Is the season over? Because look at our division, it's awful and 1 win is all anyone has.

That depends on what you would call success. Yes the division is poor, but winning the division with a 6-10 record and losing by 30 in the first playoff game to me is not success...

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
It’s just history repeating itself. A retread coach brought in after being told that Jerry’s boy wonder OC will remain on the staff.

Jerry needed to placate the masses and MM needed a paycheck.

Round and round we go.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Makes you almost miss Garrett.

Well people mostly wanted Garrett gone because he didn't get the team to the Super Bowl, or past the second round of the playoffs. Not because he lost a ton of games every year, so again - what do you want? Winning seasons, but limited playoff success? If that's the case, you'd not be that unhappy with Garrett, a couple more division titles and a couple more playoff wins, and you'd probably want him instead of McCarthy, at this point.

Personally I want SB wins, so no, I don't miss Garrett at all...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
TBF, last year they had an easy schedule to start the year, and still found a way to lose to the Jets.

This year, the team had a smidge harder opening schedule and proceeded to show that they still suck.

My weak point is that lets see how this team does against the NFC Least.
If they can't get 5 or 6 wins, then yea we are in trouble.
I can live with the Seahawks loss that’s a good team. But them other games? It’s gonna get harder from here.

75boyz

Reaction score
It’s just history repeating itself. A retread coach brought in after being told that Jerry’s boy wonder OC will remain on the staff.

Jerry needed to placate the masses and MM needed a paycheck.

Round and round we go.

Simple, sad and true.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If Garrett was here, they'd be 2-2.

He wouldn't have gone for the onside kick against Atlanta, he'd kick away and hope to get the ball back. So that win wouldn't have happened. Which of the other games would he have won?

And even if he did do as you think, at 2-2 "Mr. 8-8" would be 1/4 of the way to 8-8, so it's no better in the grand scheme of things if you want SBs...

erod

Reaction score
HATE TO SAY THIS, BUT WE NEED to hire a young guy as HC and implement a new way of doing things. I like the idea of hiring Eric bienemy as HC. He is in touch with todays player. He is proven, young, and hes ready. He brings over Andy Reids playbook. Dak will flourish even better.Plus he wont accept the mess we have on Defense. He will not be afraid to start lesser known players if they are better. He is fearless. MM HAS ALREADY LOST THIS TEAM. Mike nolan hiring is what got him fired...oh wait, not fired....YET. LOL...wait for it,its comin.
Honestly, I they're waiting for Lincoln Riley to say he's ready to jump to the NFL.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I can live with the Seahawks loss that’s a good team. But them other games? It’s gonna get harder from here.

Think is about the Jets loss, is that the Jets won a fair amount of games after the Dallas win, so maybe they weren't that bad a team?

And the Browns may turn out to be a very good team, in which case Dallas losing to them won't seem as horrendous.

But agreed the schedule is harder, at this point I'm thinking the only games that would could even think you have a pretty good chance of winning is the two games against the Giants, and even at that it might be in part because the Giants are going for the no. 1 draft pick next year....

erod

Reaction score
He wouldn't have gone for the onside kick against Atlanta, he'd kick away and hope to get the ball back. So that win wouldn't have happened. Which of the other games would he have won?

And even if he did do as you think, at 2-2 "Mr. 8-8" would be 1/4 of the way to 8-8, so it's no better in the grand scheme of things if you want SBs...

He wouldn't have been in that position. Garrett's team go 6-10 to 10-6 in very boring fashion.