Mike McCarthy's Dallas future and the impact of the playoffs on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCBoy

Reaction score
3 - 12 win seasons, if they win. And 3 straight playoff appearances, 1st time since the 90's.
And this article says to fire him if the exit in the divisional rounds again.

Now I did not read the entire article, but I doubt they said who would replace him.

This team has something going for it, more than the previous seasons. Though lately not as consistent, due to injuries.
But to say fire him at this point, is just stupid.
I know instead of two sentences there were four....no, a discussion if that event of failure returned this season.

Dallas Head Coach Mike McCarthy has stacked up wins since he arrived in Dallas in 2020, as his 41 victories with Dallas are the most among any #Cowboys head coach in his first four seasons...was the point.

I know, carrying a hatred of Jerry for another whole season is demanding.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Exactly the window is very small and if im the FO i do look at the playoff run to make decision on say Dak etc but i do keep Mike Mccarthy around, i keep Prescott on his current deal through 2024, yes large cap hit but worth having that option of getting out of it in 25,

than try to get a healthier offensive line, better run game, fix some holes and make the final run. If it fails, i let the entire staff and qb walk and start over.....

Yes, lame duck QB and HC/OC it goes against the grain. who cares, it will show them both its now or never some real pressure, all the writing will be on the wall for this team that on notice, this is it this is your last year together UNLESS you win it all.

call your shot, a true ultimatum...
Neither MM or Dak is going anywhere. MM’s changed the culture and has the players trust. Dak’s possibly going to be MVP as he’s certainly in the conversation. To get rid of either of them is just ludicrous.

CCBoy

Reaction score
.. and 28 years with NO Super Bowl wins proves it! :rolleyes:
No, that's now called pessimism...not a continuation of relevancy facts.

This is the current team picture...your view is your own. Now, isn't Reality strange?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Neither MM or Dak is going anywhere. MM’s changed the culture and has the players trust. Dak’s possibly going to be MVP as he’s certainly in the conversation. To get rid of either of them is just ludicrous.
No doubt, Prescott gets a new and top shelf contract before two seasons.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, that's now called pessimism...not a continuation of relevancy facts.

This is the current team picture...your view is your own. Now, isn't Reality strange?
I am optimistic that the team will win a Super Bowl at some point, maybe even this year.

That said, 28 years of history has shown the odds are against Jerry picking a Super Bowl winning coach should he replace McCarthy, which is what my original reply was about before someone insulted Cowboys fans.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I am optimistic that the team will win a Super Bowl at some point, maybe even this year.

That said, 28 years of history has shown the odds are against Jerry picking a Super Bowl winning coach should he replace McCarthy, which is what my original reply was about before someone insulted Cowboys fans.
Your quarter, your call on an opinion.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
the Jones' Clowns are not going to replace a coach that has won 12 games three straight years, MM more than exceeds their expectations. personally I'm happy with MM, the 9ers have been the better team, not even Jimmy Johnson could've won the last 2 playoff games against them.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Cowboys are unable to reach the NFC title game despite potentially holding home-field advantage in the first two rounds, McCarthy’s future in Dallas will be the subject of debate in the offseason.
This team has something going for it, more than the previous seasons. Though lately not as consistent, due to injuries.
The article didn't say to fire him. It just says his future will be the subject of debate. As it should be.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the Jones' Clowns are not going to replace a coach that has won 12 games three straight years, MM more than exceeds their expectations.
Winning 12 games 3 years in a row isn't Jerry Jones' expectations.

When the Cowboys get eliminated from the playoffs, look at Jerry face and ask yourself - is that the face of a happy man who's team met expectations or a angry man who is disappointed in yet another early exit from the playoffs. The answer will be crystal clear.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
In 3 Seasons MM Has Lead Us Into The Best Position Possible Going Forward 2024 Playoffs.
Hopefully #2 Seed...NUFF SAID..

JBS

Reaction score
3 - 12 win seasons, if they win. And 3 straight playoff appearances, 1st time since the 90's.
And this article says to fire him if the exit in the divisional rounds again.

Now I did not read the entire article, but I doubt they said who would replace him.

This is exactly what was said prior to the season. It’s been nfccg or bust for Mm. Not sure why you don’t believe this.

Mark

Reaction score
Just remember one important fact in all of this. Jerry hates firing head coaches
A couple of those coaches royally deserved it.

Barry Switzer resigned/retired. As Tom Landry should have been afforded the courtesy to do.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I have my issues with McCarthy, but can't deny his regular season consistency. But l'd kick him to the curb in a heartbeat for Harbaugh if he'd leave Michigan.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is exactly what was said prior to the season. It’s been nfccg or bust for Mm. Not sure why you don’t believe this.
The fans said this. Especially some on here. I do not recall any one else otherwise. Not saying it was not said, but I never heard it. And if so I am sure there was a thread about it. With links. Provide one if you have it.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Yeah I doubt McCarty goes anywhere. Even if we are one and done. (Unless we get blown out the water) But even then I don't believe Jerry will fire him. Jerry has the best of both worlds. Cowboys constantly talked about and constantly making him richer.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Winning 12 games 3 years in a row isn't Jerry Jones' expectations.

When the Cowboys get eliminated from the playoffs, look at Jerry face and ask yourself - is that the face of a happy man who's team met expectations or a angry man who is disappointed in yet another early exit from the playoffs. The answer will be crystal clear.
explain why Jerry kept Garrett around for almost 10 years then?

CCBoy

Reaction score
The article didn't say to fire him. It just says his future will be the subject of debate. As it should be.
I've stated three times that very fact....imply I said a negative for yet another time, pal...

CCBoy

Reaction score
I've stated three times that very fact....imply I said a negative for yet another time, pal...
Now, I have stated from the start of the off season this year, I would ride out the season and then analyze what occurred. I also stated that this very season was a judgement point on actual quality and that Jerry, McCarthy, and Prescott all were on the line at the conclusion of this very season.

I have always supported the Dallas Franchise, coaches, and roster are fully in the competition. This is a good team. Prescott, Lamb, and rest of roster have earned their way up to #2 in the NFC. That stands on the grounds of it's own two legs. Nothing more is needed here or now...and that goes individually gathered excuses based upon doubt.

Don't lie on my stances or instead substitute a whipping boy stereotype for what I have stated and stuck with.

My last prediction was a win for Dallas this Sunday and two homegames in the playoffs. I'll project from that very point forward.

That is where this fan stands...and proud of Jerry, McCarthy, Prescott, and Lamb here and now...for the record. Those are my words.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Dak won't be MVP. He ended that conversation weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.