Signed by Cowboys Mike Nolan is our new Defensive Coordinator

aikemirv

Reaction score
There's definitely more of a thank God Marinelli's gone than a Mike Nolan's the answer vibe for me.
I would think Nolan was a big part of NO defense this year. They were very good. I gotta think he can see what works in today's NFL and what does not. He has tons of experience and seems very adaptable to different schemes. Don't really know how it will turn out but I would think he will put a good Defensive staff together and do pretty well. Maybe he can teach or team to tackle and take proper angles!

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Just think of the DL talent we've missed on draft days deferring to Marinelli

iu

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I would think Nolan was a big part of NO defense this year. They were very good. I gotta think he can see what works in today's NFL and what does not. He has tons of experience and seems very adaptable to different schemes. Don't really know how it will turn out but I would think he will put a good Defensive staff together and do pretty well. Maybe he can teach or team to tackle and take proper angles!

have you looked at his history as a DC and HC???

Not encouraging.

jaybeware

Reaction score
Decision was all Mac's.

Mac was Nolan's OC in SF for 1 year while Nolan was the HC.

Mac values familiarity and loyalty above all else and that is why he surrounded himself with a bunch of unqualified cronies in GB for so many years.

Check out Mac's coaching tree after 13 years in GB.

Where are all of Mac's former offensive and defensive coordinators and his long-time Assistant Head Coach coaching now?
This is Clearly the Biggest Red Flag of all. Pedigree breeds a legacy of success. With that missing you can only hope for the best.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
If you're seeking information, you don't know how this works.

1) First thing you do is declare that something "SUCKS" or that it is going to lead to a Super Bowl.
2) Keep reading the thread to see if your initial opinion was correct or not.
3) If you were right, post again to argue for your original opinion .
4) If you were wrong , also post again to argue for your original opinion, but do it in caps, and call anyone who disagrees an idiot .

Well said CPanther! :D:D

Buzzbait

Reaction score

I tend to agree with your thoughts on Nolan. But if it doesn't work out, hey we were looking for a DC when we took Nolan, we can look again if we need to. Getting rid of Marinelli was a must! We'll see how things work out.

EJK24

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie I have no idea how good Nolan is....but the Saints fans seem to think very highly of him. IF he'll help our linebackers that's a plus in itself.

At least you said you have no idea how good he is, that's the same way I feel. I don't think anyone here can say if he will do well with any certainty and thats why I'm taking a wait and see approach with hope he does good things here. If we suck and our defense looks as bad as it has? I'll be the first one to say it but to me getting worked up over it now with no real way of knowing is asinine.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
have you looked at his history as a DC and HC???

Not encouraging.
I was not encouraged by the last 5 or 6 years worth of Marinelli either. Marinelli HAD to go. Period.
If Nolan doesn't work out, I'll be sure and tell Jerry to give you a call for your expertise on the next hire.

In the meantime, if Mike McCarthy is good with the Nolan hire, then so am I till Nolan proves that decision wrong. If that happens we'll get rid of him and go get another DC.

Last edited:

CB61

Reaction score
I would like to see them bring in Jim Haslett as well I've always liked him I met him as a young man he came down from Buffalo and helped out with Special Olympics which by the way when we were on high school sports the track team for instance we were required to help and we were not giving participation trophies! He's real nice guy real relatable two people no matter who you were he took time to speak with each and every one of us as well as the participants

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I would like to see them bring in Jim Haslett as well I've always liked him I met him as a young man he came down from Buffalo and helped out with Special Olympics which by the way when we were on high school sports the track team for instance we were required to help and we were not giving participation trophies! He's real nice guy real relatable two people no matter who you were he took time to speak with each and every one of us as well as the participants
Mike Lombardi said they’re probably bringing him in as LB coach from 105.3 the fan today.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At least you said you have no idea how good he is, that's the same way I feel. I don't think anyone here can say if he will do well with any certainty and thats why I'm taking a wait and see approach with hope he does good things here. If we suck and our defense looks as bad as it has? I'll be the first one to say it but to me getting worked up over it now with no real way of knowing is asinine.
Yeah most don’t even know who he is. I have to keep it honest I don’t know how good or bad he is but I am happy at the thought of getting a new scheme.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This going to be the biggest 'what could have been' since Randy Moss.

Haven't felt that sick since the trade down when Steven Jackson was right there.
Y’all need to let him go lol. Who’s to say he would’ve did what he’s doing in Dallas?

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Sam darnould and the jets horrible oline.

mitch Trubisky..... josh Allen..... and an eagles offense with 0 weapons.

All four of those game we sat back and let them pick us apart. Which was a crime.

the worst part? Against the eagles the first game (when healthy) and the rams. Two of the more dynamic offenses we faced. We sent pressure and different looks and dominated both games.

Aggressive defense would be welcomed

Gaede

Reaction score
Mike Lombardi said they’re probably bringing him in as LB coach from 105.3 the fan today.
Ehhhh. Gotta be honest, this defense is not what I was hoping for. Is Haslett any better as a coordinator? I don't know