Signed by Cowboys Mike Nolan is our new Defensive Coordinator

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Ok who’s working NO d-line? That’s who we need. They get down line stonewall people good like a brick wall some plays. We go sideways alright,but keep going. I wrong NO bigger up front,but this good film to watch...what we should be. Zimmer same style he used,but sound and coached solid again. Physical ..both much more physical than us. We had lost soundly to either opponent to be honest...I can tell. Too fired up ...see it in their efforts. Well,I feel a tad better now...Payton real reason for team play,but Nolan gets his guys tackling at point of attack,and attacking the ball. I like that...energetic. Way Dallas played last year a bit.

Last edited:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Good, now get him some upgraded Defensive tackles, linebackers and secondary. Build that dominant defense.

shabazz

Reaction score
The key word in describing Nolan's defenses is Opportunistic.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Ok who’s working NO d-line? That’s who we need. They get down line stonewall people good like a brick wall some plays. We go sideways alright,but keep going. I wrong NO bigger up front,but this good film to watch...what we should be. Zimmer same style he used,but sound and coached solid again. Physical ..both much more physical than us. We had lost soundly to either opponent to be honest...I can tell. Too fired up ...see it in their efforts. Well,I feel a tad better now...Payton real reason for team play,but Nolan gets his guys tackling at point of attack,and attacking the ball. I like that...energetic. Way Dallas played last year a bit.
Word is its going to be Jim Tomsula. If so....that would be a GREAT signing.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Cool photos of Mike's dad. Mike is going to come in knowing what this organization used to stand for.

8f85f94782d7b7750c5e217c66b13eac.jpg

image.ashx

AP FILE PHOTO Dallas Cowboys assistant coach Dick Nolan puts members of the defense through their paces on the opening day of training camp in 1986 on Cal Lutheran’s north campus.

head-coach-dick-nolan-of-the-san-francisco-49ers-shakes-hands-with-picture-id80290576

1972 NFC Championship Game - Dallas Cowboys v San Francisco 49ers
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - DECEMBER 23: Head coach Dick Nolan of the San Francisco 49ers shakes hands with running back Walt Garrison #32 of the Dallas Cowboys after the 1972 NFC Championship Game at Candlestick Park on December 23, 1972 in San Francisco, California. The Cowboys defeated the 49ers 30-28. (Photo by James Flores/Getty Images)
Love the pic with Walt, one of my fav all time Cowboys. What a tough guy he was!

Still remember his Copenhagen commercials too.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The key word in describing Nolan's defenses is Opportunistic.

I would describe them as being low ranked in almost every cat.

as in terrible.

The stats don’t lie.

anyone can look them up.

he’s been terrible for 2/3 of his career, at best.

hasn’t Been a DC in 5 seasons for good reason.

he stinks.

it’s just the truth.

If he’s hired, no one can say we didn’t know.

he’s Marinelli, but worse.

Gaede

Reaction score

as in terrible.

The stats don’t lie.

anyone can look them up.

he stinks.

it’s just the truth.

Yeah I am not a huge fan of this hire for DC. I think we will be alright if Jerry puts some money into the defense, but I'm skeptical of Nolan's record as DC. I love that he's from NO and the work he did there, so I'm hoping he's learned more about how to have a top ranked D.

That said, I am at least glad that Marinelli and his boring *** defense are gone

Hayseed

Reaction score

as in terrible.

The stats don’t lie.

anyone can look them up.

he stinks.

it’s just the truth.

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_1482704616.png

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Word is its going to be Jim Tomsula. If so....that would be a GREAT signing.
Either him or NO Ryan Neilson, It should be a Nolan guy..or familiar with,but I’ve not heard anything. Rod stated yesterday he’s not retiring and wants stay D-line coach, I swear ...I’m going to have to run him over with a bulldozer to remove him from my way. Garrett was hard enough,but THIS guy....he’s superglue.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Yeah I am not a huge fan of this hire for DC. I think we will be alright if Jerry puts some money into the defense, but I'm skeptical of Nolan's record as DC. I love that he's from NO and the work he did there, so I'm hoping he's learned more about how to have a top ranked D.

That said, I am at least glad that Marinelli and his boring *** defense are gone
Lewis who I ’think they all wanted, It’s ok...Nolan just need one of his connections and we’ll be ok with him. If doesn’t work doesn’t work,not a big deal to change what’s already been broken and never fixed anyways. I mean...we can’t even get past 1st gear in takeaways,cant play in weather on road,or quit giving up a million yards to guys I still don’t know who they are,because I never heard their name thereafter. Think we can only go up...