Mina Kimes comments on Dak

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Her bio says that wins aren't a QB stat, which I agree with otherwise Cooper Rush is a top 5 QB.

Dak's passer rating and QBR ranking by year:
2022 16th / 12th
2021 3rd / 11th
2020 DNQ
2019 10th / 4th
2018 14th / 18th
2017 17th / 4th
2016 3rd / 3rd

Average . . . . 10th (actually 9.853)

There is a reason why "top 10" floats around Dak as a debate point. That's right about where he is. IMO, he is clearly top half and clearly not top 5.

Still find it ironic that his first year was his best year. It was probably the best offense he was on, quite frankly. Beasley, Witten, that beastly O line and a rookie Elliott. IMO, it really shows just how much QB play is influenced by those around them.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
I heard that Dak had no weapons last season when he threw all those interceptions? Then from the other side of the mouth I hear that, well, he won 12 games! How do you win 12 game without any weapons? Dak is pampered more than any QB I have ever seen.
especially for one who only wins 12 games every year... (that is... if he gets credit of the wins and the losses...) :facepalm:

pitt33

Reaction score
but honestly.....if Dak plays average football against sf we go to the superbowl...no way Dak loses to the eagles
And there’s the rub.

The man has shown he can’t even play average football in the divisional round.

It just gets too big for him. He can’t handle it.

And the Dak story goes on.

The thing is, the story’s been told.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I think the change in offensive philosophy (from Moore's style to a more traditional WCO) will do well for him. Sometimes, the offense a team runs can become rather stale. Since Moore ran a very Garrett/Lineman offense, then it makes sense to me that an increase in interceptions could happen. This is because teams know what to expect after a while and learn to counter it. You can only run so many curls and go routes before teams catch on and adjust.

So, I think that this change will help Dak. It's fascinating the change in OC considering that Dak learned quite a lot from Mark Sanchez (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sanchez) when he was a rookie. Now, he has Schotty, who was the OC for Mark Sanchez when he went on his AFCC runs in 2009 and 2010.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I would hope Dak had even the lowest int rate for most of those years considering he had an ALL Pro line in front of him.....TSmith at his best, Frederick, Martin, Collins (before the headcase) and a younger Witten. Ironically, he has gotten worse as the OL suffered... who would have thunk that? That ain't no top 10.
One gets a pass on a team for doing HIS job.

CCBoy

Reaction score
We either like someone or we don't. Then, we look for evidence to back up how we feel.

As far as this source is concerned, I'd put Mina up against any male NFL analyst put there. She didn't play the game but she surely taught herself how to watch it and understand it.
Chief of NFL Security is a woman...

CCBoy

Reaction score
I heard that Dak had no weapons last season when he threw all those interceptions? Then from the other side of the mouth I hear that, well, he won 12 games! How do you win 12 game without any weapons? Dak is pampered more than any QB I have ever seen.
5 wins he wasn't even on the field...

CCBoy

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with Dak that having an elite defense and unstoppable running game can't fix,,, maybe. In the meantime we can at least enjoy our regular season wins. :flagwave:
:rolleyes: Easy fella'...:)

817Gill

Reaction score
And there’s the rub.

The man has shown he can’t even play average football in the divisional round.

It just gets too big for him. He can’t handle it.

And the Dak story goes on.

The thing is, the story’s been told.
Uh he played a very good game his rookie year 300 yards and 3 tubs. Wasn’t bad against the Rams in 2018 but wasn’t great either, solid to average showing there.

Literally last year was the only time he’s been bad in a divisional game. In fact, the only times he’s performed badly in the playoffs has been against the niners.

Either your post was pure hyperbole or you just started watching in 2021.

pitt33

Reaction score
Uh he played a very good game his rookie year 300 yards and 3 tubs. Wasn’t bad against the Rams in 2018 but wasn’t great either, solid to average showing there.

Literally last year was the only time he’s been bad in a divisional game. In fact, the only times he’s performed badly in the playoffs has been against the niners.

Either your post was pure hyperbole or you just started watching in 2021.
He was very poor the last two years.

Now he did have a decent game against GB in ‘16. He did.

And I’ve been watching Dallas quarterbacks since ‘71. I’ve seen all but Labaron and Dandy Don.