Mini Camp Notes

diefree666

Reaction score
Compared to you or me? Yeah that's a great throw. Compared to Big Time nfl arms, it's underwhelming. Barely getting the ball there and leaving points on the field because you don't have the strength necessary to push the ball out there doesn't cut it with me.

There's 50 -60 guys in the NFL that can throw that far with velocity. Dak isn't one of them as shown on the tape you provided

actually the number of NFL QBs that can throw it that far and get it close to the receiver is rather limited. But then again you clearly do not know that. Dak can; not great but good enough.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I posted a video in a discussion to back up my point. I got told i was being put on ignore by someone I'd never conversed with. I haven't posted anything inflammatory. Having a different or realistic opinion isn't a personal attack.

Quit being dramatic
Ive been quiet regarding you for far too long. You come in here. On a Cowboys forum, throw jabs at Dak, Irvin, and God knows who else, and you expect respect from the people on here? You are kidding right? Thats like walking up to a UFC fighter kicking him in the nether regions and then asking for his autograph. Everyone here sees you for what you are, and if I had an appropriate GIF for trolls and wasnt at work i would post it under this. Please just stop, give your head a shake and come back not antagonizing people. Or just go back to bleeding green or whatever blog it is you belong on. Have a great day

StylisticS

Reaction score
I appreciate you attempting to bring the talk back to football. Thank you.

That's not a "bad" throw, but it definitely highlights what I've been saying. He had Brice wide open behind the coverage and couldn't put it out there enough for brice to take it to the house.

Whenever he has to go deep its kind of a weak flutterball like that. Brice had to stop and readjust because Dak didn't have enough arm to lead him.

Again, not saying it was a terrible throw because he did kind of get it there, but don't give me an under thrown ball to a wide open guy.
This is crazy. He just "got it there"? As it suppose to be easy to throw the ball 65 yards? How about this 50 yard deep ball to Dez. Did it flutter to get there?

McGillicutty

Reaction score
This is crazy. He just "got it there"? As it suppose to be easy to throw the ball 65 yards? How about this 50 yard deep ball to Dez. Did it flutter to get there?

Decent throw but Dez is 5 feet behind the defender. The side step to avoid the rush is impressive but the actually throw isn't anything special. Any qb in the league could make that throw

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Decent throw but Dez is 5 feet behind the defender. The side step to avoid the rush is impressive but the actually throw isn't anything special. Any qb in the league could make that throw

You do realize bombs don't show arm strength right?

Jason Garrett threw a great deep ball and had a noodle arm for example. The QBs with great arm alent can throw in 80 yards but no one ever does that except on the very occasional hail mary. When was the last time you saw a hail mary thrown from inside their own 30?

It's the intermediate throws like the deep out and in or the skinny post where ball placement and velocity are key to beat DBs breaks on the route. We have seen plenty of those throws because the lion's share of his throws were those intermediate routes.

If you had actually watched Cowboys games you would have seen all those passes to Witten and Beasley. I do like how you try to project the Eagle's most recent QB disappointment on to us though.

What do you make of Wentz's struggles to read past the first couple of reads and tendency to check it down to underneath throws? The addition of Pumphrey tells me they are expecting much more of the dink and dunk.

Or how about that Mathis has not been adequately replaced?

Or how about replacing Logan who rejected the Eagles offer with the Ravens disappointment?

How about putting your downfield passing hopes on a one year rental who has not been healthy the past three years?

How about McLeod being a FA bust and that depth at corner given Schwartz's penchant for leaving corners on an island in man to man coverage?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You said Dak couldn't throw deep passes without floating them. You were proven wrong so now you say.....any QB can make that throw. You realize you sound foolish and just digging deeper and deeper. It's best to just admit when you're wrong

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
@McGillicutty. Hey bro. TGIF man. It's the weekend so it's time to get funky.
In regards to your posting, it's like this: when you come to someone's new house you bring housewarming gifts (i.e. Nice and pro cowboy comments). After a couple of visits and you're one of the boys then you're allowed to take a duece in the restroom ( ie negative or critical comments).

As always not trying to pile on you bro. Just trying to help you get acclimated to the forum and I don't mean to come across condescending in anyway.

Much love to the zone!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
In regards to your posting, it's like this: when you come to someone's new house you bring housewarming gifts (i.e. Nice and pro cowboy comments). After a couple of visits and you're one of the boys then you're allowed to take a duece in the restroom ( ie negative or critical comments).

As always not trying to pile on you bro. Just trying to help you get acclimated to the forum and I don't mean to come across condescending in anyway.

Much love to the zone!
Lmao!!! Well put, brudda! Lmao!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

dallasdave

Reaction score

Much love to the zone!
:dance::dance::dance:

McGillicutty

Reaction score

Much love to the zone!
Preciate brother bear

McGillicutty

Reaction score
You said Dak couldn't throw deep passes without floating them. You were proven wrong so now you say.....any QB can make that throw. You realize you sound foolish and just digging deeper and deeper. It's best to just admit when you're wrong
Heres chad "noodle arm" pennington hitting a wide open Randy Moss in stride 50 yards down the field in college

This will also be my last Dakota related post in this thread. So no need to quote me there fellers

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Heres chad "noodle arm" pennington hitting a wide open Randy Moss in stride 50 yards down the field in college

This will also be my last Dakota related post in this thread. So no need to quote me there fellers

Pennington had two rotator cuff injuries in the NFL that severely impacted his throwing ability. He was never great but he didn't start with a noodle.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/201...dnesday-what-if-chad-pennington-hadnt-gotten?

I like how you are doubling down on deep throws when talking about arm strength.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
62996278.jpg