News: Misdemeanor warrant issued for Sam Williams for accident

Tim93gt

Reaction score
Frisco/Plano police make a living getting people speeding on Preston.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
It's basically the same thing. Instead of generic court dates for traffic violations, the cop just puts a specific court date on the ticket.
No, it's not, it doesn't happen that way. Cops don't put a specific court date on a ticket. Reckless driving is a moving violation and he should be allowed to have it removed from his record by doing the Defensive Driving thing. The story in the newspaper that I can't mention or link said he will have to appear before a judge and post bail. Bail? For a traffic ticket? WHAT?

Creeper

Reaction score
Let's see. He does stupid stuff off the field. Commits dumb penalties on the field. He sounds like someone else on the Cowboys. I wonder if he'll get the same treatment.

But seriously, Sam needs to do a little growing up too. I know kids his age get in cars and do dumb things. I was young once too. I was lucky. I admit it. But the fact is I did grow up and put that silly stuff behind me. Hopefully he does too before something really bad happens.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, it's not, it doesn't happen that way. Cops don't put a specific court date on a ticket. Reckless driving is a moving violation and he should be allowed to have it removed from his record by doing the Defensive Driving thing. The story in the newspaper that I can't mention or link said he will have to appear before a judge and post bail. Bail? For a traffic ticket? ***?
When given a ticket in NJ, for example, the ticket has an actual date on it that is either the court date you are required to show (some traffic violations require you to show) or the date you can plead by. If you plead non-guilty, then the court sends you a new court date for you to show.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I said in the original post about this accident that I would be SHOCKED if we werent later told that he was speeding. You have a very young mae, driving a 100k sports car... yea, him speeding was predictable. Him crashing that car was predictable. The fact 22 year old males driving a car like that have incredibly high insurance rates is not a mistake.

If he has a lawyer( im sure the team has hooked him up with some guidance here) the lawyer will contact the DA's office and negotiate a day and time for him to come in and get booked and be released at the same time. They may even work it out where he can do it after returning from Tampa.

For someone with an attorney, this is not abig deal.

Now for Williams personally, yea... this is going to be a big deal. He's gonna get sued big time. He is going to get his insurance jacked up bg time and have a reckless driving on his record.

quickccc

Reaction score
- i'll said it again first I thank the all mighty heavens that Williams or anyone else was hurt or killed in this accident.
That's what matter most.

- Two; there was no under the influence drugs or alcohol involved.

- Whatever misdemeanor traffic accident process will handle itself.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Plus not to mention if he is not on radar it’s an east ticket to contest which I would if I was him.
so you actually think the way the car was destroyed isnt enough evidence to estimate speed? Skid marks in road? Witnesses. You are very naïve how this will work. He isnt being charged with speeding alone.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The police in cities like Plano, Frisco, and Flower Mound - cities that are rich with low crime rates - are the biggest *****es in the world. It's all the little dweebs that were picked on in high school, but couldn't hang being a real cop in a city with real crime.

so are you somehow trying to blame the police for the situation Williams has found himself in?

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
When given a ticket in NJ, for example, the ticket has an actual date on it that is either the court date you are required to show (some traffic violations require you to show) or the date you can plead by. If you plead non-guilty, then the court sends you a new court date for you to show.
Here, you just pay the fine by the due date, usually one month, I think. The ticket will have the info about what to do if you want to contest it. But you don't get a court date, you just show up at traffic court before the fine is due. Then you will get a petite jury trial. I know, I've served on them.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No, it's not, it doesn't happen that way. Cops don't put a specific court date on a ticket. Reckless driving is a moving violation and he should be allowed to have it removed from his record by doing the Defensive Driving thing. The story in the newspaper that I can't mention or link said he will have to appear before a judge and post bail. Bail? For a traffic ticket? WHAT?
Reckless driving or exhibition of speed is not a normal traffic ticket. Did the article say what he was charged with? If you are going 30 mph over the posted speed limit, I believe you can be arrested in Ca.... might be more. Each state has different laws, but his situation is not as simple as a simple speeding ticket. He destroyed 2 cars.... was their any injuries involved with the other driver?

Sydla

Reaction score
Here, you just pay the fine by the due date, usually one month, I think. The ticket will have the info about what to do if you want to contest it. But you don't get a court date, you just show up at traffic court before the fine is due. Then you will get a petite jury trial. I know, I've served on them.
With regards to the fine here, it's similar. The date on the ticket is the date you are required to pay the fine (which would be an admission of guilt) or you have to enter a plea of not guilty. If you don't by that date (or show up to court that day), then I believe you misdemeanor arrest warrant immediately. A buddy had a speeding ticket he totally forgot to pay. He was given a ticket in Trenton doing 75 in a 55. He totally forgot about it - never plea'd or paid. Two years later, he was at a traffic light in East Brunswick NJ and a cop pulled up behind him. The cop ran plates around him and my buddy's kicked in the system. He got pulled over and they actually arrested him and took him into the police station. He got out an hour later after paying the fine on the speeding ticket and whatever other fees got tossed on top him not having paid the ticket on time.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Frisco/Plano police make a living getting people speeding on Preston.
so you think the kind of damage that was done to his new Corvette happened traveling at 45mph? I said it the day the story was originally posted in this forum that we were going to find out he was speeding. Well,,,.... wala.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
so are you somehow trying to blame the police for the situation Williams has found himself in?
Yeah, that's it. No, I'm commenting on the fact they're pursuing a misdemeanor like this because they don't have anything else to do.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Athletes are generally stupid, egotistical morons. Give them a little cash and some get stupid real quick
Athletes??? It's not just athletes.....generally young people from all walks of life, especially males.

conner01

Reaction score
LOL, the dude literally got in a car accident that it appears he was driving fast/recklessly. Blaming the cops.............. LOL.
My understanding is he rear ended the guy so obviously it was his fault
I don’t see the conspiracy
And it’s a traffic citation