News: Misdemeanor warrant issued for Sam Williams for accident

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Plano police are ****’s about speeding. Mostly cuz of all the tourists visiting south fork ranch

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Are you an athlete?
I love that question. What qualifies as being an “athlete” is subjective of course. Your definition would be different than a professional athletes definition. In general of course. A NASCAR driver might have a different opinion about a swimmer and don’t even think about the professional bowlers. Olympic athletes are the pinnacle of athletic but it depends on the sport to the less sophisticated mind. A Tier 1 operator might think a basketball player is barely an athlete. The basketball player would scoff at this and probably challenge the operator. Of course he would die with the operator’s hand around his throat. So who’s the athlete there? Are female athletes less athletic? Some would argue they are but certainly not relative to other female athletes and 95 pct of the guys on this forum. Weekend warriors are an interesting lot. The fat guys that wear yellow spandex to ride their bikes on Saturdays think they are athletes. I feel strongly they are just fat guys in spandex. I am a very good fly fisherman and feel athletic when I am on the river casting perfect loops and maintaining tight lines but is fishing really athletic? Jimmy Houston is not an athlete, sorry.

So be careful asking about who’s the athlete. The answer is hard.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Are you an athlete?
I love that question. What qualifies as being an “athlete” is subjective of course. Your definition would be different than a professional athletes definition. In general of course. A NASCAR driver might have a different opinion about a swimmer and don’t even think about the professional bowlers. Olympic athletes are the pinnacle of athletic but it depends on the sport to the less sophisticated mind. A Tier 1 operator might think a basketball player is barely an athlete. The basketball player would scoff at this and probably challenge the operator. Of course he would die with the operator’s hand around his throat. So who’s the athlete there? Are female athletes less athletic? Some would argue they are but certainly not relative to other female athletes and 95 pct of the guys on this forum. Weekend warriors are an interesting lot. The fat guys that wear yellow spandex to ride their bikes on Saturdays think they are athletes. I feel strongly they are just fat guys in spandex. I am a very good fly fisherman and feel athletic when I am on the river casting perfect loops and maintaining tight lines but is fishing really athletic? Jimmy Houston is not an athlete, sorry.

So be careful asking about who’s the athlete. The answer is hard.

Sydla

Reaction score
I still don't understand why a warrant was issued for his arrest for a traffic ticket.
The ticket is being issued after the fact, not at the scene at the time of the incident. I believe in cases where the cops determine after the fact the cause of an accident, there has to be a mechanism in place to issue a ticket (and the severity of the traffic violation could be a factor here). As I understand it based on some articles I have read, the mechanism here is that they issue a misdemeanor warrant on the ticket and give the person the option to take delivery of the citation. If they refuse, since it is a warrant, they can then arrest the person.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
As I understand it based on some articles I have read, the mechanism here is that they issue a misdemeanor warrant on the ticket and give the person the option to take delivery of the citation. If they refuse, since it is a warrant, they can then arrest the person.
Sounds right, technically I believe any traffic ticket is considered an "arrest". I remember my friend getting a citation over his dog being loose and it gave the "time of arrest". We laughed about it and asked him if they cuffed him and his dog. The DMN story on it said he would appear before a judge and have to post bail. I think there are a lot of reporters writing stories when they don't know how this stuff works.

Sydla

Reaction score
Sounds right, technically I believe any traffic ticket is considered an "arrest". I remember my friend getting a citation over his dog being loose and it gave the "time of arrest". We laughed about it and asked him if they cuffed him and his dog. The DMN story on it said he would appear before a judge and have to post bail. I think there are a lot of reporters writing stories when they don't know how this stuff works.
It's the legal system. Does anyone really understand how it works? LOL.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
TMZ literally has stories all the time about athletes getting in trouble. This ain't just a Cowboys thing here.
Be careful about using the word 'athlete' in a post, my man. Seems some members here are quite confused as to the meaning of the term. :rolleyes::popcorn:

ghst187

Reaction score
Key word….misdemeanor!
This is akin to a parking ticket not assault and battery. And oh no, speeding (clutching pearls). Everyone speeds in Texas, horribly.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yeah, that's it. No, I'm commenting on the fact they're pursuing a misdemeanor like this because they don't have anything else to do.
That is mostly what POLICE OFFICERS deal with. Williams was probably driving 80 plus in a 40 or 45 mph zone. If you think police are just gonna let this go as a simple speeding ticket.... you just dont understand how the laws work.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He was speeding and caused a wreck
A citation seems appropriate to me
Pay the fine and learn a lesson like everyone else does
he wasnt simply speeding. 40 plus over speed limit jacks it up from simply speeding.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yup. I remember @America's Cowboy jumping up and down when I was saying. Great another kid with issues in the second round. And look. Playoff week and he causes a distraction.

I still wish we went Jermaine Johnson, Trevor Jones, Tolbert and Salyer. And i stand by that. This defense would be unstoppable.
Oh, brother... it was an accident caused because of speeding a day after buying himself a beast of a Corvette. Was it stupid on Sam Williams' part? Yes. Is it unexpected for a young man to do after barely buying such a fast car? Not really. Most (including you and I) would have punched that gas peddle to test your new super fast car's ability. Sam Williams simply messed up doing it on a busy street. He's to blame. He'll pay the fine, cover the cost for repairs and injury (minor) to the other person, and his car insurance is going to balloon sky high while losing his new fast car since he totaled it. Thankfully, no one got seriously injured. Call it luck and a hard lesson learned. It happens to all of us. At least Sam Williams is not into drugs or getting into fights or beating up women or being a criminal, etc. He's a good guy who has turned his life around and is a devoted father to his child and husband to his child's mother. He's also a key weapon for our Dallas Cowboys. No need to make false assumptions against the young man for someone he is not.

By the way, I also wanted Jermaine Johnson during the Draft, but I'm glad we've got Sam Williams.