Mistake not getting Derrick Henry

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It's working out just like Foles and Brady not being "options" according to our GM as we watch them win SBs for the teams that signed them.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So far in the season its looking like a very Big Mistake our GM did not go after Derrick Henry! :facepalm::mad: :banghead: Should have paid more than the Ravens and got him here in my opinion. Be interesting if he keeps balling the whole season!
I don't think so Hindsight is nice,

the hindsight everyone talking up Henry first of all why didn't the Titans resign him, why didn't other teams offer him more money I think everybody was expecting Henry to finally at his age with all the mileage he was going to start falling off a Cliff...

I'll admit I was wrong the guy looks really good, I guess he's like Terrell Owens/ TO the way he keeps his body his diet his workouts but you can't blame Jerry Jones for not wanting to do this you know why cuz when you look around free agency and you look at that Huff guy why did the eagles allow Reddick who was already proven that he's pretty good pass rusher in their defense and they go out and get a free agent who's done nothing and I need to go back and look at that guy's contract but he isn't doing squat right now...​
I think all teams worry about signing older players especially running backs and Jerry was just being cautious and I don't blame him and neither was keeping Tony Pollard he's not doing anything with the Titans but I'd like to know why the Titans didn't offer him 14,000,000 to stay if they know who they have why didn't they keep him why did they pay Tony Pollard almost the same amount of money Derek Henry got with the Ravens I'm getting tired of hearing about this this is not just about Jerry Jones there are 30 other teams in this league that are not the Titans or the Cowboys that didn't go after Derrick Henry like he was in his prime I think everybody thought maybe he was gonna be washed at any time

and I've been wrong only about two players when I look around the league and some of the players that this place wanted Jerry to sign and he didn't there's only two of them that he's been wrong on from just recent history that's Bobby Wagner and Derrick Henry but you know what there's a whole lot of free agents that don't live up to their contracts and come into the new teams and don't play well..

So again I'm tired of hearing about Derrick Henry yes he would've been nice here but you're right how do we know he would've had the same advantages here that he has on an offense that has to deal with one of the best running quarterbacks or the best runners in the league which would be Lamar Jackson that's an advantage they have over there and they also have a coaching staff that knows how to design run games..

So I'll admit I was wrong about Bobby Wagner and I was wrong about Derrick Henry but there are dozens of others that we weren't wrong about like Jamal Adams Eric Berry people were screaming we should trade for Earl Thomas and even guys like Von Miller they didn't do anything. That's just off the top of my head I bet you go back and look there's a lot of free agents that go to teams that got high market overpaid values and are not excelling on their new teams or just either average or they're very disappointing so that's why Jerry's a little timid and I get it but a lot of us are wrong I was wrong I admit I was wrong about Derrick this dude is torello and he's like found the magic pill that's keeping him playing at this rate as a running back is insane.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
They’re not big on 2nd contracts for RBs. Also I think you look at Henry 30years old and paying him 16M is a win now move. You’re better off drafting one and having him for 4 years.
Yeah the mistake wasn't Derek Henry it was passing up some of the draft picks we're going out and getting one of these mid level backs that were available you know one that was better than what we have right now and no not keeping Tony powered he's not doing much either over with the Titans but yes the mistake was made by not addressing the run game but in my opinion it's not Derrick Henry everyone was expecting this guy at his age to fall off a Cliff he was risk high risk but he has Lamar Jackson back there taking a lot of defenders eyes away from Derek Henry they work together well I don't think he would have fit in ours exactly right it's nice everyone has hindsight thinking if we just plug him in here we'd have no problems..

Yes kudos to Derrick Henry he's playing very well the first part of the season I get it it looks like a mistake but I'm sorry Mike McCarthy is not even using the players we have correctly now our offensive line still trying to jail we don't have a quarterback that runs for 120 yards a game we don't use the RPO system the same way so this was not gonna be the same thing and I wanna know why that thirty other teams aren't being told they should've went after Derrick Henry hell why not pay the man 14,000,000 a year instead of 8 million because it's only 8 million guaranteed 16,000,000 / 2 seasons seems too cheap for the second coming it should have had all the teams knocking at his door why did some of the other teams choose guys like Jacobs and Aaron Jones and others over Derrick Henry why didn't they go after Derrick Henry why do people in here always blame Jerry for the only one that makes a mistake in the draft or in free agency?

It seems to me he's the leading rusher in the league right now that every team in the league made a mistake including the Titans they chose a Jag and Tony for 6,000,000 over their own homegrown player at 8 million why do you just keep your own player he's so great why don't you keep him why let this gem of a superstar go? They should have overpaid him they should have gave him $14 million to stay they should have begged him on their knees to stay.. That is the general consensus in here he's the greatest running back in the history of football and he's gonna have 2000 yards this year and the Ravens are gonna win the Super bowl because everyone that's what they see with their eyes so why did the Titans let him go why didn't the other 30 teams throw their hat in the ring they chose other avenues they did not go after Derrick Henry either this is not solely on Jerry

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Cheap Jerry and Stephen strikes back in the Death Star.

We like our guys.....even though the RBs suck, he wanted Zeke back.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Off-season move should have been to trade Dak and Lance for a 1, 2 and 6

Trade the 6 for Fields as starting QB. Siign Henry, a starting DT and a starting WR in free agency

That team would win 3-4 more games than this one and have an extra 1st and 2nd round pick to get even more talent
How were you going to trade Dak when he had a no trade clause?

Why would ANYONE trade for Trey Lance?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Make me wonder why Zeke fell of so hard despite having similar or maybe even less wear than Henry.
Because some players are just that way Terrell Owens was one of those guys he had a special diet he slept in a chamber he didn't drink he didn't smoke he didn't party the man was a workout warrior with a special diet he did everything he could to keep his body I mean he still looks that way right now some players just last longer than others because they were born with that genetics and yes they work harder at it but Derrick Henry has been probably doing that since high school and Ezekiel elliott's been living off straight up elite talent and that elite talent falls off when you don't have the genetics or the makeup to be Derek Henry Derrick Henry is an anomaly in sports

i mean think about other guys like in boxing Geroge foreman, never made sense.. right now a little less of an example is Lebron James as much as I think Michael Jordan was a better player slightly LeBron James is playing better right now in the twilight of his career than Michael Jordan did late in his career,...

I mean I bet there's a guy in baseball that did this too I mean Julio Franco and Beltre comes to mind 21 and 25 years in the major leagues and played some of their best baseball the last 5 years of their careers..crazy!

I mean sometimes you just have players that are special and somehow they were born with this type of genetics and the ability to figure out a way to keep themselves with the fountain of youth why is it need to be explained why does it have to always fall back on Ezekiel Elliott the man was great in his own way one of the best college running backs of all time his first five years in the NFL he was one of the best backs if he didn't get suspended I I believe maybe his career would have been better Roger Goodell screwed him over because he would have had three rushing crowns in a row coming off of what was one of the best college careers ever one of the best rookie years in the NFL ever..

Really tired of the debate in the camp Ezekiel Elliott on his own had a great NFL career for a running back it's up there with Terrell Davis his numbers are great he most backs fall into this category they tail off they don't last long it is what it is because we stop digging on Ezekiel Elliott respect the man he's the third best running back that ever played for the Dallas Cowboys his numbers are up there with guys like Terrell Davis I mean look at his touchdowns and his yards but yes Derrick Henry is a special specimen he is but there's no explanation there aren't a lot of guys that could do what he can do but there's a handful that you can look at in other sports that have done this and there's no explanation...

Whyjerry

Reaction score
We fans alway think it's easy...did Jerry screw up? Sure, but 30 other teams could have gone after him too.
Did 30 teams have a screaming need at RB, let their best go via FA, forgo the position during the draft, and sign a FA that was previously cut here and washed up 3 years ago?

NotForLong

Reaction score
major.
i'll never understand how you don't sign that man.
it was chump change.
we should've drafted him in '16...still don't understand how he was not considered a first rounder league wide in that draft.
he was clearly the best back in college that year.
but not signing him to that deal he got from the ravens was/is just dumb.
and please don't waste your time trying to explain it to me.
it was purly stupid not to sign derrick henry.
As soon as Zeke showed up with the half shirt Jerry should have put Henry at the top of the RB board

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did 30 teams have a screaming need at RB, let their best go via FA, forgo the position during the draft, and sign a FA that was previously cut here and washed up 3 years ago?
No but about 10 maybe 15 I mean if this guy is generational and he was gonna impact why didn't they go after him why didn't the Titans keep him I I really don't understand yes he's having a better season than I thought I was wrong but stop picking on Jerry his own team let him go other teams paid about the same amount of money and they picked other people they didn't go after Derrick Henry because everybody was expecting him to fall off a Cliff at his age and mileage.. So yeah we have a good argument saying that Jerry thought this a lot of us thought it other teams thought it and while right now four games in th....jerry screwed up situation it happens.. Besides the fact that our offense looks a lot different than the Ravens who have Lamar Jackson as a threat run big time runner he's more of a threat than Derrick Henry their offense was built around the run game and ours is not so to say that you're Nostradamus and you know he could have changed the way our season started I don't know there is no way to prove that..

Our luck is he would have blown his Achilles in the first series of the first game ala Aaron Rogers...

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
So far in the season its looking like a very Big Mistake our GM did not go after Derrick Henry! :facepalm::mad: :banghead: Should have paid more than the Ravens and got him here in my opinion. Be interesting if he keeps balling the whole season!
Our front office let us fans down big time this past off season.
We were really set up for failure by their lack of action.
This front office deserves this team.
They earned it.