Mistake not getting Derrick Henry

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
So far in the season its looking like a very Big Mistake our GM did not go after Derrick Henry! :facepalm::mad: :banghead: Should have paid more than the Ravens and got him here in my opinion. Be interesting if he keeps balling the whole season!
Two mistakes with him. They could have drafted a number of players or traded out of the #4 and taken Henry in the 2nd.

Sandyf

Reaction score
JJ says we couldn't afford him and now he knows that we can't afford to be without him. We could easily be 4-0 with him.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Henry and Sam Darnold are 2 huge cases of why teams and situations matter. Henry seemed to be wasting away in Tennessee. Sam Darnold has always been called terrible. Both changed teams and have re-charged their careers. Henry now looks like his prime self when he was carrying Ryan Tannehill to the AFC championship game. He was so good, he got Tannehill a big extension.

Sam Darnold finally is with a team who knows how to piece together an offense and while not a great ran franchise, light years ahead of the Jets. Boom, 4-0 and they look good.

There were some really good RBs out there in free agency this year. Teams that wanted to get better, got them like Texans, Eagles, Vikings, Ravens.

Henry I think is the missing piece Baltimore needed. He can control the tempo of a game, wear down a defense and keeps drives alive getting those tough yards. No longer is Lamar asked to do it all. If they had Henry last year, they get past KC and get to the Super Bowl.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Because some players are just that way Terrell Owens was one of those guys he had a special diet he slept in a chamber he didn't drink he didn't smoke he didn't party the man was a workout warrior with a special diet he did everything he could to keep his body I mean he still looks that way right now some players just last longer than others because they were born with that genetics and yes they work harder at it but Derrick Henry has been probably doing that since high school and Ezekiel elliott's been living off straight up elite talent and that elite talent falls off when you don't have the genetics or the makeup to be Derek Henry Derrick Henry is an anomaly in sports

i mean think about other guys like in boxing Geroge foreman, never made sense.. right now a little less of an example is Lebron James as much as I think Michael Jordan was a better player slightly LeBron James is playing better right now in the twilight of his career than Michael Jordan did late in his career,...

I mean I bet there's a guy in baseball that did this too I mean Julio Franco and Beltre comes to mind 21 and 25 years in the major leagues and played some of their best baseball the last 5 years of their careers..crazy!

I mean sometimes you just have players that are special and somehow they were born with this type of genetics and the ability to figure out a way to keep themselves with the fountain of youth why is it need to be explained why does it have to always fall back on Ezekiel Elliott the man was great in his own way one of the best college running backs of all time his first five years in the NFL he was one of the best backs if he didn't get suspended I I believe maybe his career would have been better Roger Goodell screwed him over because he would have had three rushing crowns in a row coming off of what was one of the best college careers ever one of the best rookie years in the NFL ever..

Really tired of the debate in the camp Ezekiel Elliott on his own had a great NFL career for a running back it's up there with Terrell Davis his numbers are great he most backs fall into this category they tail off they don't last long it is what it is because we stop digging on Ezekiel Elliott respect the man he's the third best running back that ever played for the Dallas Cowboys his numbers are up there with guys like Terrell Davis I mean look at his touchdowns and his yards but yes Derrick Henry is a special specimen he is but there's no explanation there aren't a lot of guys that could do what he can do but there's a handful that you can look at in other sports that have done this and there's no explanation...
Good post. No Zeke hate, he had a good career.

I agree Zeke doesn't seem to be as committed to training or keeping his body in the best shape throughout the years.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So far in the season it’s looking like a very Big Mistake our GM did not go after Derrick Henry! :facepalm::mad: :banghead: Should have paid more than the Ravens and got him here in my opinion. Be interesting if he keeps balling the whole season!
:facepalm: Quit whining about something that’s already happened. Whining’ a not going to change the outcome. Man up and move on instead of looking like this ^^

jsb357

Reaction score
Unless he was faking injury to get out of Tennessee (which is possible) I don't think he makes the year (out by week 10-12) in Baltimore.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Good post. No Zeke hate, he had a good career.

I agree Zeke doesn't seem to be as committed to training or keeping his body in the best shape throughout the years.
well that's the thing i don't think hes any different than 90% of the players out there.. they're just a small percentage of anomalies of players like henry and LeBron and TO that are just genetic freaks of nature that also found a way to keep themselves ahead of the age cliff most fall off.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well that's the thing i don't think hes any different than 90% of the players out there.. they're just a small percentage of anomalies of players like henry and LeBron and TO that are just genetic freaks of nature that also found a way to keep themselves ahead of the age cliff most fall off.
Sitting out when even slightly injured (by NFL Standards) helps prolong the years. Barkley, Dobbins, they will have nice careers too, I am sure.

Also, the flame that burns brightest burns half as long. Zeke was fun to watch for those few years!

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
We had Henry we'd be a one loss team I'd say... Just stupid why Jerry didn't even pursue him... But that's the clown we have as a GM. Who in here didn't know we were weak at running back- Defensive tackle and maybe wide-out. But definitely the first 2.

nobody

Reaction score
I am...I get a kick out of it...dealt with them throughout my career...they were as funny then as they are.now.
I get it. I was just pointing out the irony. Also, you whining about their whining is about as likely to have an effect as people complaining about Jerry here. lol But enjoy. :)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
yeah henry said publicly he would like to play for dallas as he lives right by the star.
Then jerry never even calls him.

Jerry wanted elliot back and wasnt interested in drafting a rb or a fa.
he said a week ago elliot is as good as henry is now. but not so much lol henry looked great , in this last game, like he did when he was younger.

And for the op, everyone knew it was a mistake except the jones boys.
I don't think Henry was passing up the Ravens to come to Dallas. Made no sense to. Unless we gave more money and we know that wasn't the case.

75boyz

Reaction score
Did not know the big man still possessed that top end gear he showed on the long one.
Still able to both run over AND run away from dbs in open field.

Extremely impressive.
ESPECIALLY at 250 pounds.

To see Zeke now and they were drafted the same year, just
so sad when comparing the 2 physically.