Mistakes, lies and delusion

Ussdelavan

Reaction score
The last time the Dallas Cowboys won a home game was December 30th, 2023 when we beat the lions 20-19 in a game we were frankly very fortunate to win. Since last December 30th, our Cowboys are 0-3 at home, giving up an average of 40 points a game and 202 yards rushing a game. There is nothing that can cover the stench of those performances.

But listening to the man who is in charge of everything from socks, jocks, coaches, hot dogs, boxing matches and and tractor pulls at his beloved “stayjum”, we fans should are supposed be hopeful about “how our defense played in the 4th quarter” yesterday.

Please. Spare us the bull excrement Jerry. This team is not very good and you and your lazy #1 son are 100% responsible for the roster this team puts out there every week. You guys watched the worst playoff performance in this team’s storied history and said, “Let’s run it back with most of these same guys including the head coach. And let’s pretend we’re all in too”

So let me recount the mistakes, lies and delusions of Jerry Jones:
MISTAKES (just to name a few)
  • Not firing Mike McCarthy last January and leaving him dangling on the last year of his contract. (See 2010 and 2019 seasons)
  • Not seriously addressing the obvious, glaring flaws with this roster on both sides of the ball.
  • Deciding to “run it back” with most of the guys that couldn’t beat a 7th seed last year…at home! Most GMs with his track record would have been fired a long, long time ago.
  • There are a ton more that could be listed here.
LIES
  • Biggest lie Jerry tells lately: “We couldn’t afford to sign Derrick Henry.” Absolute falsehood. This team could have restructured multiple contracts and cleared enough cap space and signed several FAs that could have helped this team. And not just for a RB.
  • The on-going lie that this team doesn’t have enough cap space because of the big contracts they have doled out. No, they don’t have cap space because they refuse to structure and restructure their contracts in a way the better teams’ GMs do routinely.
DELUSIONS
  • When Jerry tells fans ”I like our RBs” or “I like the way our defense played in the 4th quarter”, those statements are not only dumb, they are completely delusional.
  • Thinking this roster as currently constituted is ready to compete for anything beyond mediocrity is delusional.
  • After watching the last 28 Super Bowls, which were won by teams whose owners all hired someone else to be the team’s GM, then thinking at 82 years old this owner/GM knows HOW to build a championship roster in the cap era is delusional.
I have no problem with fans having hope. Hope is always a part of being a fan. But when the guy who leads this thing never learns from his mistakes, lies to his fan base, and is delusional about his own abilities to lead a team, that’s discouraging. And more importantly, that the reality of the Dallas Cowboys right now.
So many years of Jerry and family. So many missed opportunities.When will we see a TEAM from top to bottom? Not until the “EGO“ along with family step away from limelight, and remove themselves from football operations.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I still think that Dallas intended on this being a down year. They can't outright say it because of what it might do to ticket and merchandise sales. That said, they were in a pinch salary cap wise and we saw it coming for years. Its what happened to Philly last year when they had to let go a lot of their defense.

Dallas is just swallowing it and isn't going to pay another coach to come in and coach an incomplete team.

All of the stuff Jerry says in public is just propaganda.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It's all part of the biggest lie we are told all our lives... "Meritocracy". There is no meritocracy in this world. Most often the least qualified, worst human beings get all the gold and power.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The last time the Dallas Cowboys won a home game was December 30th, 2023 when we beat the lions 20-19 in a game we were frankly very fortunate to win. Since last December 30th, our Cowboys are 0-3 at home, giving up an average of 40 points a game and 202 yards rushing a game. There is nothing that can cover the stench of those performances.

But listening to the man who is in charge of everything from socks, jocks, coaches, hot dogs, boxing matches and and tractor pulls at his beloved “stayjum”, we fans should are supposed be hopeful about “how our defense played in the 4th quarter” yesterday.

Please. Spare us the bull excrement Jerry. This team is not very good and you and your lazy #1 son are 100% responsible for the roster this team puts out there every week. You guys watched the worst playoff performance in this team’s storied history and said, “Let’s run it back with most of these same guys including the head coach. And let’s pretend we’re all in too”

• Not firing Mike McCarthy last January and leaving him dangling on the last year of his contract. (See 2010 and 2019 seasons)
  • Not seriously addressing the obvious, glaring flaws with this roster on both sides of the ball.
  • Deciding to “run it back” with most of the guys that couldn’t beat a 7th seed last year…at home! Most GMs with his track record would have been fired a long, long time ago.
LIES
  • Biggest lie Jerry tells lately: “We couldn’t afford to sign Derrick Henry.” Absolute falsehood. This team could have restructured multiple contracts and cleared enough cap space and signed several FAs that could have helped this team. And not just for a RB.
  • The on-going lie that this team doesn’t have enough cap space because of the big contracts they have doled out. No, they don’t have cap space because they refuse to structure and restructure their contracts in a way the better teams’ GMs do routinely.
DELUSIONS
  • When Jerry tells fans ”I like our RBs” or “I like the way our defense played in the 4th quarter”, those statements are not only dumb, they are completely delusional.
  • Thinking this roster as currently constituted is ready to compete for anything beyond mediocrity is delusional.
  • After watching the last 28 Super Bowls, which were won by teams whose owners all hired someone else to be the team’s GM, then thinking at 82 years old this owner/GM knows HOW to build a championship roster in the cap era is delusional.
I have no problem with fans having hope. Hope is always a part of being a fan. But when the guy who leads this thing never learns from his mistakes, lies to his fan base, and is delusional about his own abilities to lead a team, that’s discouraging. And more importantly, that the reality of the Dallas Cowboys right now.
Keep rubbing the salt into the wounds of the fans.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
RI8HAVz.jpg
R.fe2c568f902269d8025abcb0f55bfa56
Doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result. Jerry Jones should be the poster boy for insanity...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I applaud Bobs efforts . Unfortunately this isn’t breaking news. It’s been a problem for years, decades.

If fans had revolted before new stadium was built we could have stopped him or at least forced the issue.

Now with season ticket holders committed to PSL’s they just broker out their seats. And hence tens of thousands opposing fans.

Even Brady said yesterday he doesn’t recall when he’s heard so much noise from fans when Cowboys had the ball which is large contingent of opposing fans.

It’s over. There’s nothing we can do except wait until he’s gone. There’s not enough fans who will stop watching NFL. Even if you watch other games Cowboys still share revenue.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

LIES
DELUSIONS
Bobby H, what is truly delusional is that JJ is in the HOF, and that he was voted in before the truly great owner Robert Kraft should be a crime. JJ hasn't done a darn thing except ride the coattails of Jimmy Johnson more than 3 decades ago. Time to turn the page on him.................

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Ran it back and gave out substantial raises.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score

LIES
DELUSIONS
" bull excrement Jerry" - Bob has had enough!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys have won three Super Bowls during the Jerry Jones era, but none since 1996. Twenty-two years is a long-enough wait for Jones, who said Tuesday that he wouldn't hesitate to part with a sizable sum to win another title.

"It would be embarrassing, it would be shocking if you knew the size of the check I would write if it guaranteed me a Super Bowl," Jones told Shan and RJ on 105.3 The Fan. "It would be obscene. There is nothing I would do financially not to get a Super Bowl."

Except to sign Derrick Henry or any DT that has a pulse, apparently.
Or even more importantly, a GM who isn't a complete and utter moron.