Mistakes, lies and delusion

Ozymandias

Reaction score
@Bobhaze is ON IT!!

sick of the BS this “franchise” been trying to sell us. It’s been how many years? Even the Lions found a way to get to the NFC Championship game…

We built and rebuilt several times over the decades and did what exactly? SMH. But our daggum owner/GM are happy with the results

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Good post...Jerry Jones is a used car salesman-a crooked politician and a crooked lawyer all wrapped up in a Owner/GM suit. Nothing that comes out of Jerry's mouth is the truth when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys. Either a spin or a flat out lie. This idiot really think ALL Dallas fans are this stupid. Sadly, some are..voting for myself? I ain't one of them!!

I mean. The worst thing is, speaking for myself, that I'm pulling for a team who, like I said in a different thread, is owned by someone who gaslights a fan base that he knows perfectly well is angry at him. It's yet another middle finger from him to us. It's almost like he's daring us to find another team. It's almost like he doesn't want fans anymore. Yet, it's our team. Speaking for myself, it's the team I've been pulling for since I was 6. I literally put the stars (as well as a cross for my faith) on my fursuit, which isn't a small thing with how expensive a fursuit is. I did it because the Cowboys are a major part of my life. They're one of my big sources of recreation. It wouldn't feel right pulling for another team, and I'd just end up pulling for the Cowboys again even if i did ditch at some point. Yet, I have no intention to ditch. It's like, I'm not sure what else we fans can do other than wait for him to die. And then we have to deal with Stephen. Hopefully the family forces a sale. But it's like, short of that, I don't know what else I'm supposed to do as a fan.

Yet, I got railed on last week for asking if Jerry hates us and the team. He has no problem with our fanbase getting bullied by the media and other fans for pulling for a team he's actively ruining. I don't understand why Jerry is ruining us, but it almost seems deliberate at this point.

Brax

Reaction score
Keep rubbing the salt into the wounds of the fans.
It’s not salt it’s facts something some fans don’t understand. How’s those road graders doing. Pathetic when you see games like this then hear players coaches and owner talk total rubbish. The fish stinks from the head first and Jerry is putrid. Hire friends and family and surround yourself with sycophantic employees and you get the Dallas Cowboys where coaches and players make top money for failure after failure. GM, HC QB all think they’re great when mediocrity is all they produce. Jerry MM are all legends in their own minds, really sad

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Keep rubbing the salt into the wounds of the fans.

Unfortunately, that's all there is with Jerry running us. I don't know. I'm just incredibly demoralized as I've never seen success. The fact we could all see the glaring weaknesses entering the season except for him is really telling. To me, it's either massive incompetence or it's deliberate at this point with the way Jerry is running the team. It's almost like he's deliberately sabotaging the team at this point, then gaslighting us when he knows how much a lot of our fanbase is angry at him and wanting better.

kskboys

Reaction score
@Bobhaze is ON IT!!

sick of the BS this “franchise” been trying to sell us. It’s been how many years? Even the Lions found a way to get to the NFC Championship game…

We built and rebuilt several times over the decades and did what exactly? SMH. But our daggum owner/GM are happy with the results
No, that's the problem. We refuse to rebuild. Don't even know how. When it's time to rebuild, Jerry gives up valuable resources in trades in a pathetic attempt to remain relevant. Think about it, Galloway, Roy Williams, Matt Cassell, Amari Cooper. When it's time to trade off some resources to hasten the rebuild process, Jerry instead gives up draft picks. You just cannot get any stupider!!!!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'm sorta neutral on Mike. I can't put last years playoff loss squarely on him.

I would rather Jerry have fired players or at least let them know this was their last year with the team. Maybe trade a core player to send the message no one is safe.

Of course, even doing that would mean very little without going out & acquiring some upgrades. Bottom line, once again not only did they fail to begin the cleanup they multiplied the mess for years to come. Let them wallow in it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, that's the problem. We refuse to rebuild. Don't even know how. When it's time to rebuild, Jerry gives up valuable resources in trades in a pathetic attempt to remain relevant. Think about it, Galloway, Roy Williams, Matt Cassell, Amari Cooper. When it's time to trade off some resources to hasten the rebuild process, Jerry instead gives up draft picks. You just cannot get any stupider!!!!
You’re right Kev. Key phrase regarding rebuilding: ”Don’t know how.”

The Jones FO is incompetent and unaccountable. If this GM was accountable to a normal owner, he would have been fired a long time ago. In today’s NFL if your GM is incompetent and in charge, AND not accountable to anyone, your team is screwed until that guy is gone.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's all there is with Jerry running us. I don't know. I'm just incredibly demoralized as I've never seen success. The fact we could all see the glaring weaknesses entering the season except for him is really telling. To me, it's either massive incompetence or it's deliberate at this point with the way Jerry is running the team. It's almost like he's deliberately sabotaging the team at this point, then gaslighting us when he knows how much a lot of our fanbase is angry at him and wanting better.
its 100% whats happening....hell even the players are starting to do it, look at what they are saying after games...

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
You’re right Kev. Key phrase regarding rebuilding: ”Don’t know how.”

The Jones FO is incompetent and unaccountable. If this GM was accountable to a normal owner, he would have been fired a long time ago. In today’s NFL if your GM is incompetent and in charge, AND not accountable to anyone, your team is screwed until that guy is gone.
It's why I keep reiterating that all one need to do to evaluate any given off season is to ask if the first move was Jerry stepping down to hire a proper GM.

If the answer is "no" then you know that nothing will change.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
lol the biggest mistake happened after a second SB win and is gonna hit 30 years soon, see if you can unlock you're memory before 2016 ....
Jerry's first attempt to derail the dynasty when he refused to give Emmitt his very reasonable contract in 1993 was thwarted by Charles Haley, and I will forever consider him a legend for that alone.

Unfortunately, Jerry was determined to ruin the dynasty, and so he succeeded the very next off season by picking a drama fight with Jimmy.

I'm bull-headed, stubborn, and I have an ego, but I would have done whatever it took to keep Jimmy happy as long as I could have back then. We would have won 4 in a row. Somewhere out there is a Universe where that was allowed to happen.

I don't think history has realized the magnitude of what Jerry sabotaged.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Jerry's first attempt to derail the dynasty when he refused to give Emmitt his very reasonable contract in 1993 was thwarted by Charles Haley, and I will forever consider him a legend for that alone.

Unfortunately, Jerry was determined to ruin the dynasty, and so he succeeded the very next off season by picking a drama fight with Jimmy.

I'm bull-headed, stubborn, and I have an ego, but I would have done whatever it took to keep Jimmy happy as long as I could have back then. We would have won 4 in a row. Somewhere out there is a Universe where that was allowed to happen.

I don't think history has realized the magnitude of what Jerry sabotaged.
it should be the textbook definition of a narcissist.....you literally cut your nose off to spite your face over your ego....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
its 100% whats happening....hell even the players are starting to do it, look at what they are saying after games...

Right, and, I don't know if this is happening with other teams, but this isn't normal. Not to where the players, ownership, and fans are at each other's throats like this since the Packers game. The closest thing I can think of (and I wasn't born yet when this happened as I was born in 1992) would be when Buddy Ryan punched the other coach that led to the team relocating with how toxic things became between the Oilers and Houston (from what I learned from a video). This is bad. If Jerry wasn't the narcissist he is, he would see that all he's doing is ruining a franchise that is so toxic now that it's hard to support them.

It's one thing for a team to be bad. It's another thing for a weakness to be so obvious that everyone sees it. The entire fanbase is up in arms at the front office and some of the players for such poor results, and it seemingly beginning to pit sides against each other. This isn't sustainable for a franchise. Like I said on my thread, I am genuinely wondering if Jerry hates the Cowboys. He may not hate the franchise, but he clearly seems to hate his customers/fans, us! He's stated he will never give up the team. His family is going to have a lot of illwill towards him when they go to try to build a new stadium (this one is already 15 years old, and it's not been good). I'm genuinely concerned about the future of the Cowboys.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
it should be the textbook definition of a narcissist.....you literally cut your nose off to spite your face over your ego....

All the more reason I made a thread (that a lot of people criticised) questioning Jerry's loyalty to the franchise. We are loyal. Is he loyal? Does he even like the franchise he's running? I don't know if I've seen a professional sports team run this way where there's clear vitriol. You'd think an owner, when it's obvious the fan base is frustrated at him, would at least TRY to appease his customers. This is like an airline crashing a plane intentionally and blaming the customers for being up in arms for the airline intentionally crashing the plane. You'd think he'd at least hire a puppet GM to make it look like he's listening. Instead, he seems to be showing us the middle finger at every turn this offseason, training camp, and season so far. Not to mention he's friends with someone who despises our fanbase and has no problem throwing us to SAS.

shabazz

Reaction score
The last time the Dallas Cowboys won a home game was December 30th, 2023 when we beat the lions 20-19 in a game we were frankly very fortunate to win. Since last December 30th, our Cowboys are 0-3 at home, giving up an average of 40 points a game and 202 yards rushing a game. There is nothing that can cover the stench of those performances.

But listening to the man who is in charge of everything from socks, jocks, coaches, hot dogs, boxing matches and and tractor pulls at his beloved “stayjum”, we fans should are supposed be hopeful about “how our defense played in the 4th quarter” yesterday.

Please. Spare us the bull excrement Jerry. This team is not very good and you and your lazy #1 son are 100% responsible for the roster this team puts out there every week. You guys watched the worst playoff performance in this team’s storied history and said, “Let’s run it back with most of these same guys including the head coach. And let’s pretend we’re all in too”

So let me recount the mistakes, lies and delusions of Jerry Jones:
MISTAKES (just to name a few)
  • Not firing Mike McCarthy last January and leaving him dangling on the last year of his contract. (See 2010 and 2019 seasons)
  • Not seriously addressing the obvious, glaring flaws with this roster on both sides of the ball.
  • Deciding to “run it back” with most of the guys that couldn’t beat a 7th seed last year…at home! Most GMs with his track record would have been fired a long, long time ago.
  • There are a ton more that could be listed here.
LIES
  • Biggest lie Jerry tells lately: “We couldn’t afford to sign Derrick Henry.” Absolute falsehood. This team could have restructured multiple contracts and cleared enough cap space and signed several FAs that could have helped this team. And not just for a RB.
  • The on-going lie that this team doesn’t have enough cap space because of the big contracts they have doled out. No, they don’t have cap space because they refuse to structure and restructure their contracts in a way the better teams’ GMs do routinely.
DELUSIONS
  • When Jerry tells fans ”I like our RBs” or “I like the way our defense played in the 4th quarter”, those statements are not only dumb, they are completely delusional.
  • Thinking this roster as currently constituted is ready to compete for anything beyond mediocrity is delusional.
  • After watching the last 28 Super Bowls, which were won by teams whose owners all hired someone else to be the team’s GM, then thinking at 82 years old this owner/GM knows HOW to build a championship roster in the cap era is delusional.
I have no problem with fans having hope. Hope is always a part of being a fan. But when the guy who leads this thing never learns from his mistakes, lies to his fan base, and is delusional about his own abilities to lead a team, that’s discouraging. And more importantly, that is the reality of the Dallas Cowboys right now.
When Jerry said that he was "running it back", it was the death knell for hope.

It was soon followed by " all in" which was promptly followed by the least activity in FA by any of the 32 NFL teams

The Lions , Ravens and Niners were teams that truly could have "run it back" but even they made more moves to improve rosters that were already better than ours