MJ vs Elvis Who will be remember as the biggest icon?

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Hostile;2827235 said:
I think it's a lousy point. I can't fathom watching a movie and not getting it.

That's where we differ. I didn't really watch movies growing up. I would spend hours every day at the public library (no cable or internet at home, and I'm an only child) just reading, and reading, and reading. I love reading. can't say the same about a movie. I fall asleep through most of them.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Avaj;2827239 said:
Wow just wow. Who said they didn't get the movie? I'm like her I saw Forrest Gump and I don't remember all you reference to as well and I did get the movie.
The thread is yours.

On this note I will finally shut the hell up.

jimmy40

Reaction score
theogt;2827223 said:
Waiter thread > MJ/Elvis thread

:)
Drew Henson holding the ball backwards thread>Waiter thread > MJ/Elvis thread.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I knew this guy was a loser.

Doc has six kids by five mothers

Michael Jackson’s controversial personal doctor has fathered six kids by five different women, it was claimed yesterday.

Dr Conrad Murray, 51 — quizzed by LA investigators about Jacko’s death — has also failed to pay child support.

One mom — nurse Nenita Malibiran — took him to court in 1998 for child maintenance.

Her lawyer Julie Brown yesterday said: “We went through all the different children that Murray had — and who all the mothers were.

“The father was not paying support. Ms Malibiran had to go to the district attorney’s child support division to get a collection against him.”

Dr Murray filed for bankruptcy in 1992 and also owes hundreds of thousands of dollars in debts. He has been hit with nine lawsuits in three years for unpaid bills.

Last month office-leasing company Rogers Northwest filed a suit for $201,898 against Murray and Acres Home Heart and Vascular Institute — the practice he runs in Houston, Texas, with his sister — for unpaid rent, according to court records.

Los Angeles police quizzed Dr Murray for three hours as a witness on Saturday. He is suspected of giving the star a shot of Demerol before he collapsed.

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
I hope this isn't true
http://perezhilton.com/2009-06-30-fans-of-jackson-stricken-with-grief-commit-suicide

The president of one of Michael Jackson's fan clubs has revealed that at least 12 people have committed suicide because of the King of Pop's passing. Or so he claims.

Gary Taylor, the owner of MJJcommunity.com, believes 12 fans of Jackson have made the decision to take their own lives after hearing the devastating news.

"I know there has been an increase, I now believe the figure is 12," said Taylor on Monday. "It is a serious situation that these people are going through but Michael Jackson would never want this. He would want them to live."

Rev. Jesse Jackson has also reached out to fans via YouTube, "urging them not to 'self destruct.'"

Said Rev. Jackson: "We fall down sometimes, we get back up. That's the right thing to do. In Michael's name let's live together as brothers and sisters and not die apart as fools."

Remember that no matter how depressing and earth-shattering the death of a loved one feels, suicide is never the answer.

Talk to loved ones, professionals, help lines; there is always someone there to listen.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Avaj;2827801 said:
I hope this isn't true
http://perezhilton.com/2009-06-30-fans-of-jackson-stricken-with-grief-commit-suicide

The president of one of Michael Jackson's fan clubs has revealed that at least 12 people have committed suicide because of the King of Pop's passing. Or so he claims.

Gary Taylor, the owner of MJJcommunity.com, believes 12 fans of Jackson have made the decision to take their own lives after hearing the devastating news.

"I know there has been an increase, I now believe the figure is 12," said Taylor on Monday. "It is a serious situation that these people are going through but Michael Jackson would never want this. He would want them to live."

Rev. Jesse Jackson has also reached out to fans via YouTube, "urging them not to 'self destruct.'"

Said Rev. Jackson: "We fall down sometimes, we get back up. That's the right thing to do. In Michael's name let's live together as brothers and sisters and not die apart as fools."

Remember that no matter how depressing and earth-shattering the death of a loved one feels, suicide is never the answer.

Talk to loved ones, professionals, help lines; there is always someone there to listen.

disgusting

I hate American society sometimes

"he would want them to LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVE"

ethiostar

Reaction score
Avaj;2827801 said:
I hope this isn't true

Wow, just wow.

Temo

Reaction score
C'mon guys: Perez Hilton-- a bastion of journalistic integrity?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ethiostar;2827817 said:
Wow, just wow.

As ****ty as it sounds, if they did it because of that, then the world is probably better off without them as they clearly were mentally fubar'ed to the extreme.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Avaj;2827801 said:

Ironically enough. Michael Jackson committed suicide as well. Not eating and just popping pills. Thats suicide.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
5Stars;2825614 said:
I was in Vietnam in 1968 and when we came back to base camp for a few days in Da Nang we could get damn near anything we wanted to get from the black market! Hell, one night some friends and I went to the motor pool, stole an ambulance and went out and bought a crappy $20.00 guitar and a Johnny Cash album...and some weed!

That could be a song.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Avaj;2827801 said:
I hope this isn't true

This guy is such self-absorbed opportunists :rolleyes: .

Oh and Michael Jackson > Elvis

Aikbach

Reaction score
Avaj;2827801 said:
I hope this isn't true

Idolatry is the bane of the human condition, every man worships something, even in the absence of religion the heart will fill the void with something else and worship it, sometimes its as subtle as career ambition and as blatant as building the Pyramids, ultimately your life's service, what you live and die for will prove who's glory you live for in turn.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
VietCowboy;2827240 said:
That's where we differ. I didn't really watch movies growing up. I would spend hours every day at the public library (no cable or internet at home, and I'm an only child) just reading, and reading, and reading. I love reading. can't say the same about a movie. I fall asleep through most of them.

Just a tidbit.

Megatrends and historical patterns project the end of the literary word. We are in the middle of a mutlimedia transition/adaption. Text out, Audio/Visual in.