MLB 2017 Regular Season

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
We still have those. I have that exact hat. The old logo, the one with the state of California is the uniform I miss :)

These were good uniforms

lynn-baylor-reggie-carew.jpg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked some of those California Angels teams in the 70's and early 80's. Bobby Grich and Don Baylor. :D

Of course Rod Carew, Fred Lynn, Reggie, Lyman Bostock, etc.

Better uniforms back then too. By far.

The Angels were an early "adoptee" of the new era of free agency nicking guys like Joe Rudi and Bobby Grich. For a couple years they had Nolan Ryan and Frank Tanana (before he became a "junkballer") as arguably the best #1 & #2 combo in baseball.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
The Angels were an early "adoptee" of the new era of free agency nicking guys like Joe Rudi and Bobby Grich. For a couple years they had Nolan Ryan and Frank Tanana (before he became a "junkballer") as arguably the best #1 & #2 combo in baseball.

Right. They spent a pile of money back then. Never worked out for winning it all tho.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Original team of Los Angeles, damnit!!!! :)

Viva la PCL :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right. They spent a pile of money back then. Never worked out for winning it all tho.

No it didn't.

Rudi got injured.

Grich got injured.

The starters after Ryan and Tanana were crap.

They, the Rangers and Twins were just kind of taking up space behind the Royals who were putting out quality teams year after year.

And of course the A's and expansion Mariners were usually down at the bottom.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I dont know of any ill will or feelings. Most that Im aware of like him and the work he does with the team.

And we all liked his 50 homer season. :D
What a truly epic season. Rojas and Gubicza (our announcers) talked some of that season recently.

He was always a favorite of mine. I love true lead-off hitters

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
No it didn't.

Rudi got injured.

Grich got injured.

They, the Rangers and Twins were just kind of taking up space behind the Royals who were putting out quality teams year after year.

I never liked the Royals. Always rooted for the Yankees back then when they played.

Actually I think the only Royals players autographs I ever obtained was George Brett and Bret Saberhagen.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
No it didn't.

Rudi got injured.

Grich got injured.

and '86 happened. To us before it happened to Boston.

It's what killed Moore.

Our Singing Cowboy sadly had passed by 2002.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I never liked the Royals. Always rooted for the Yankees back then when they played.

Actually I think the only Royals players autographs I ever obtained was George Brett and Bret Saberhagen.
I hate the Royals!!! Hosmer is such a damn turd! Like AJ Pierzynsnki level.

Brett and Sabs were awesome, obviously. But, now, that team and their fanbase are insufferable