MLB 2017 Regular Season

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Baseball America released their updated Midseason Top 100 Prospects list, and here's the Astros' list"

#11: Kyle Tucker (preseason #19)
#32: Franklin Perez (preseason #54)
#47: Francis Martes (preseason #15)
#53: Derek Fisher (preseason unranked)
#57: Forrest Whitley (preseason unranked)

Here are the other teams in the AL West:

Oakland: 3 (#26, #27, #93)
Seattle: 2 (#61, #83)
Texas: 1 (#34)
Anaheim: 1 (#96)

As far as other teams:

The Yankees have 7 players on the list.
The Mets have 1 player on the list.
The Orioles have 2 players on the list.
The Red Sox have 3 players on the list.
The Cubs have 2 players on the list.
The Blue Jays have 4 players on the list.

Mets have two on the list. Rosario and Smith. Dont take away our hope for those two guys to save the franchise.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Brandon Nimmo has that old baseball injury that snuck up and knocked him out. Yep, that old collapsed lung thingy that affects over 0.00000000001% of all baseball players got him when he wasnt looking. Too bad too because he was looking like he could play.

Just read that Matt Harveys muscles have atrophied to where they are not working like they should. Maybe Scott Boras ws right a couple of years ago when he tried to limit his innings. Harvey may never get his arm back. Sad too because the guy could pitch.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Brandon Nimmo has that old baseball injury that snuck up and knocked him out. Yep, that old collapsed lung thingy that affects over 0.00000000001% of all baseball players got him when he wasnt looking. Too bad too because he was looking like he could play.

Just read that Matt Harveys muscles have atrophied to where they are not working like they should. Maybe Scott Boras ws right a couple of years ago when he tried to limit his innings. Harvey may never get his arm back. Sad too because the guy could pitch.

Our great and promising pitching staff has turned into trash. The one thing making them contenders:(

Christiann

Reaction score
Honestly in awe of how well we've been playing and how deep we are. I thought we were the team to beat in the NL before the season started but I couldn't of imagined anything like this. It also warms my heart that SF is arguably the worst team in baseball. Feels good.

rynochop

Reaction score
That dude is a beast. On a side note I'm always amazed how they let some those kids be in the outfield, a lot of them were tiny. Just doesn't seem like a good idea with balls coming off the bat 100+ mph. Saw one little girl get nailed in the arm

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's a little strange how much power Aaron Judge has. Especially considering the major lack of power he had in college. Make you wonder...

Plankton

Reaction score
Michael Pineda apparently has a partially torn UCL, and will need Tommy John surgery. The injuries for the Yankees of late have been ridiculous. This 11 game road trip to start the second half is going to be a bear.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Mike Trout is back tonight! Heaney is rehabing! And we might go after Dee Gordon. Gonna be a fun second half with how close the WC race is. And we treaded water with Trout out 38 games

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Michael Pineda apparently has a partially torn UCL, and will need Tommy John surgery. The injuries for the Yankees of late have been ridiculous. This 11 game road trip to start the second half is going to be a bear.

Yeah, that loss put a major hole in the Yankees playoff chances.

Plankton

Reaction score
Yeah, that loss put a major hole in the Yankees playoff chances.

If it makes them sellers, I'm all for it. With the injuries, I'm not sure that they can do much else. I mean, losing Greg Bird, Aaron Hicks, Tyler Austin, Starlin Castro (should be back tonight), Dustin Fowler, and having guys like Gary Sanchez, Didi Gregorius, Jacoby Ellsbury, Aroldis Chapman, Adam Warren, C.C. Sabathia all do time on the DL, and it's insane.

Find some sucker to take Gardner or Headley off their hands. Unfortunately, no one will be dumb enough to take Ellsbury's contract.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it makes them sellers, I'm all for it. With the injuries, I'm not sure that they can do much else. I mean, losing Greg Bird, Aaron Hicks, Tyler Austin, Starlin Castro (should be back tonight), Dustin Fowler, and having guys like Gary Sanchez, Didi Gregorius, Jacoby Ellsbury, Aroldis Chapman, Adam Warren, C.C. Sabathia all do time on the DL, and it's insane.

Find some sucker to take Gardner or Headley off their hands. Unfortunately, no one will be dumb enough to take Ellsbury's contract.

I was thinking the same.

Sell.

Get more draft picks, clear out more salary after this season (A. Rod/Sabathia) sign a free agent from Baltimore or two and go for it in '18.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
what could Degrom fetch from someone? Would it be enough to make Alderson blink? Houstons top three prospects? LA Dodgers top three prospects? Still not sure if it would be worth it. If they had a stud catcher, 2nd basemen and/or 3rd basement that were cant miss then maybe.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what could Degrom fetch from someone? Would it be enough to make Alderson blink? Houstons top three prospects? LA Dodgers top three prospects? Still not sure if it would be worth it. If they had a stud catcher, 2nd basemen and/or 3rd basement that were cant miss then maybe.

Interesting question.

I'm skeptical that Houston would part with their two three prospects for him. They also do not have a top catching prospect in the system at this point.

On the other hand I'm not sure the Mets would want to give him up... I wouldn't.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DeGrom is the only stable pitcher the Mets have. If he is traded, better be a Walker type trade :D

I know we can't get Correa or Altuve but I would insist that Springer is part of the package. We need guys who play everyday and have great upside.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DeGrom is the only stable pitcher the Mets have. If he is traded, better be a Walker type trade :D

I know we can't get Correa or Altuve but I would insist that Springer is part of the package. We need guys who play everyday and have great upside.

There's merit to that argument... Just have a lotta doubts Houston would follow through.

I'm not sure they even need another starter at this point... Both Kuechel and McHugh are joining the starting rotation and with McCullers, Musgrove, Friers, Morton and Peacock they have too many. Musgrove will probably be sent down and Peacock will go back to relief.

I think they're more interested in a left-handed reliever.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So the Red Sox are releasing Sandoval and going to eat a huge amount of money in the process.

Many folks said at the time said this was going to be a ****** signing... How you could not look at his numbers (prior to signing with the Red Sox) and question the sanity of any front office A: Signing him for huge money when the production wasn't there and B: Signing him for more than a couple years when he was clearly on a downward slope in terms of production.

Maybe the worst signing in FA history and that's saying something.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There's merit to that argument... Just have a lotta doubts Houston would follow through.

I'm not sure they even need another starter at this point... Both Kuechel and McHugh are joining the starting rotation and with McCullers, Musgrove, Friers, Morton and Peacock they have too many. Musgrove will probably be sent down and Peacock will go back to relief.

I think they're more interested in a left-handed reliever.

The Astros need one more pitcher to make a serious run to the WS. DeGrom would instantly be their ace and he would help a lot when they decrease the rotation for a playoff series. Pitching wins in the post-season.

They are out of luck to get a reliever from the Mets :laugh:

I don't think Houston would trade one of their position players but that is what I would ask for! I want DeGrom to stay in NY. But, if he were to traded, I want guys in return who can hit for average and play good defense. We need a 1st, 2nd, catcher and an outfielder badly, maybe even a third baseman. Of course, a SS would be nice too :flagwave:

The Mets should be sellers but DeGrom is the last guy I want leaving, take Thor or Harvey first........