MLB 2017 Regular Season

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Grady lives like 200 yards from me. I went to church with him a few years ago. He is a character. They say that the most dangerous place in Polk County is between Grady and the TV camera. "Grady is on TV again" is a pretty common phrase around our house.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boy the NL teams loaded up... That playoff sequence is going to be amazing to watch.

The Dodgers have an amazing team, but getting through Washington and maybe Chicago isn't going to be easy.

The Yankees did well in the Sonny Gray trade... He's a very nice addition to the starting staff. And I didn't think they gave up a lot.

The Astros were meh... And they've been meh since the All-Star break. They picked up an aging lefty to work out of the bullpen. He has to be better than Tony Sipp. Glad to see Derek Fisher get the chance to be the everyday LF... I think the kid is going to be a consistent 20 homer, 20 steal guy.

The Rangers officially threw in the towel today... They got a head start on the Angels in rebuilding for 2017.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Boy the NL teams loaded up... That playoff sequence is going to be amazing to watch.

The Dodgers have an amazing team, but getting through Washington and maybe Chicago isn't going to be easy.

The Yankees did well in the Sonny Gray trade... He's a very nice addition to the starting staff. And I didn't think they gave up a lot.

The Astros were meh... And they've been meh since the All-Star break. They picked up an aging lefty to work out of the bullpen. He has to be better than Tony Sipp. Glad to see Derek Fisher get the chance to be the everyday LF... I think the kid is going to be a consistent 20 homer, 20 steal guy.

The Rangers officially threw in the towel today... They got a head start on the Angels in rebuilding for 2017.
We've been rebuilding since last offseason. Eppler has made a lot of moves. And we just had a fantastic draft. Might even have a prospect or two in the top-100, first since Sean Newcomb. We traded Hernandez today to the DBacks, that was it for moves. Some of us thought we'd be more active as sellers.

In any event, the rebuild is alive and strong in Anaheim. Just with Pujols black hole contract till 2022. And it's backloaded, so he probably ain't going anywhere (retire). And our manager is too scared to drop him in lineup, and we probably don't have anyone who could replace him, sadly, regardless. He'll get his 100 RBIs simply due to Trout.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Finally, the Mets called up SS Amed Rosario starting tonight. I can't wait to see what this kid can do :flagwave:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Astros are starting to show their weakness, that kind of hitting can't sustain itself for 162. They should have traded for an ace too......that will be their downfall in the playoffs.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Houston has stunk for the last 10 games, but today a little of the magic returned...

Scored 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th off the Blue Jays All Star closer to win the game 7-6.

Nice win.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Stros will be good to go when the playoffs come around, Correa, Springer, Altuve will get rolling again and everyone else will follow

Go Stros! :flagwave:

Correa is supposedly further in his rehab than what was expected and will begin swinging a bat this week.

Springer should come off of the DL early this week.

Harris should come off the DL this week.

Hopefully McCullers sorts out his back discomfort.

Still the best team in the AL.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
In other baseball news, the mets are on the way to the bottom with no hope for next couple of years. way too many holes

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In other baseball news, the mets are on the way to the bottom with no hope for next couple of years. way too many holes

Need to fire Alderson and Terry, start over. Sandy has built a team of firstbasemen who can't hit and a bullpen that absolutely blows :(

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I am getting too old to keep starting over. Would like another world series while I have my mind and know what the hell is going on.

RS12

Reaction score

Best player in the game, there is no close second. You are watching greatness, soak it in.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Best player in the game, there is no close second. You are watching greatness, soak it in.

Yup. He's a true, generational phenom.

No one holds a candle to him. Bryce, lol, nah. Machado, nah. Betts, lol. Altuve, nah. Judge LOL.

Every year it's a new player. The one common denominator -- Trout.

RS12, keep em coming. I died a little bit the day he tore his thumb up. He was tracking his 3rd MVP, and I hate to use this term -- and it wasn't even close.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Trout might go on to shatter most offensive records and I think he will but only has one hurdle.....the injury bug. I am not a fan of his physical stature, too susceptible to back/skeletal injuries.

He is only 26, if I were him, would lose the weight/bulk training asap. Workout, mostly cardio and minimal strengthening and he should last another 10-12 years or so.

RS12

Reaction score
He was tracking his 3rd MVP, and I hate to use this term -- and it wasn't even close.
He was on pace to have a season for the ages, as it is I bet he has a better 120 game season than most have full season. One thing I have noticed is how hard Trout hits the ball every time since the injury. Sunday against Oakland the last out he made was a literal rocket that knocked their OF to the ground. A point I want to make about WAR is that if he keeps this pace up for 10 years, he will be over 150 WAR. Only about six other players on history have done that and he would only be 36 at the time. Again I am not the type to fawn over athletes or much in general but this guy is generational talent.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Trout might go on to shatter most offensive records and I think he will but only has one hurdle.....the injury bug. I am not a fan of his physical stature, too susceptible to back/skeletal injuries.

He is only 26, if I were him, would lose the weight/bulk training asap. Workout, mostly cardio and minimal strengthening and he should last another 10-12 years or so.
He has been free of injury his whole career, missing a combined, something like 8 games prior to this season. His thumb injury was fluky. He has a protector for it now.

He's already lost weight and is bulky enough. He's fine just the way he is, Dex, with all due respect brother.

Dude is a horse.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
He was on pace to have a season for the ages, as it is I bet he has a better 120 game season than most have full season. One thing I have noticed is how hard Trout hits the ball every time since the injury. Sunday against Oakland the last out he made was a literal rocket that knocked their OF to the ground. A point I want to make about WAR is that if he keeps this pace up for 10 years, he will be over 150 WAR. Only about six other players on history have done that and he would only be 36 at the time. Again I am not the type to fawn over athletes or much in general but this guy is generational talent.
He really is and I really, really enjoy reading what you have to say about him, RS