MLB New York teams in playoffs

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I went out to breakfast this morning and thought of the Mets as I sat there eating my toast.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I went out to breakfast this morning and thought of the Mets as I sat there eating my toast.

37158016.jpg

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Seriously. This same thing came back to bite Ron Washington in the butt ... He put in journeyman junk ball pitcher in the game and lost the World Series. Darrel Oliver?

It's 2-1 ... You have to win that game. You go with familia. Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Murphy was great in playoffs. But he is not a 2nd basemen.
Late in the game you put the best defense out there.

He is not the kind of infield that can aggressively attack the ball. Valiant effort but...

Terry is not going to sub in somone for Murphy. Terrys loyalty is his undoing. Management had to take Parnell off the roster to keep Terry from using him. I do believe Harvey will pitch his butt off tonight. I just dont know if they can hit enough to get a big enough lead to survive the 7th and 8th inning meltdowns. It has been that way all year. Not going to change tonight or the next three games if it comes down to it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Me personally, I'm living in the past. 2009 to be exact ... Because it's better than the present Mets (situation).... Lol
Lol

Terry is not going to sub in somone for Murphy. Terrys loyalty is his undoing. Management had to take Parnell off the roster to keep Terry from using him. I do believe Harvey will pitch his butt off tonight. I just dont know if they can hit enough to get a big enough lead to survive the 7th and 8th inning meltdowns. It has been that way all year. Not going to change tonight or the next three games if it comes down to it.

Stop calling it loyalty. It was a couple of bad managerial decisions.

1. You put the best defenders put there. Especially late in game... Especially with one run lead.
2. Clippers < Familia

Loyalty to one player over rest of team? At the cost of 2-2

No way.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a baseball fan I applaud the Mets for getting this far.

And who knows at some point the Royals have to cool off. Since the 8th inning in game 4 vs. Houston they've been unreal. They simply refuse to be struck-out when the other team desperately needs a K.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
As a baseball fan I applaud the Mets for getting this far.

And who knows at some point the Royals have to cool off. Since the 8th inning in game 4 vs. Houston they've been unreal. They simply refuse to be struck-out when the other team desperately needs a K.

Yes.

I think it's a case of Royals cashing in a year after losing.
Mets win it next year.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes.

I think it's a case of Royals cashing in a year after losing.
Mets win it next year.

Agreed.

KC just has the smell of a winner.

And just like KC has to "rent" some players to reach their goal this year, the Mets are going to have to do some retooling.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Agreed.

KC just has the smell of a winner.

And just like KC has to "rent" some players to reach their goal this year, the Mets are going to have to do some retooling.

Dump Cespedes.
Dump Harvey. He affected the team "cohesion"

They could have had Zobrist.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Those are interesting points.

... And interestingly enough... Cespedes put it out there that he would give Mets more days to get deal done? Or something to that effect...

THEN..

he puts it in the news that he will expect 7 year deal from whoever he signs with...

THEN....

He cooled off.. The hits dried up.

Just saying...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
... And interestingly enough... Cespedes put it out there that he would give Mets more days to get deal done? Or something to that effect...

THEN..

he puts it in the news that he will expect 7 year deal from whoever he signs with...

THEN....

He cooled off.. The hits dried up.

Just saying...

He's a shade over 30.

He's a career .271 hitter, K's a lot and doesn't walk.

He's got good, but not great power.

I wouldn't give him a 7 year deal but some goofy organization will.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am absolutely heartbroken tonight. First, Dallas sucks then my Mets just can't get over the hump. Add to that.......the Rockets got the Kartrashian curse :(

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I am absolutely heartbroken tonight. First, Dallas sucks then my Mets just can't get over the hump. Add to that.......the Rockets got the Kartrashian curse :(

Its actually leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I could have managed those last two games to mets victories.
Throw in game 1 and the mets win this series 4-1... Not vice versa.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Clippard... Clippard..... Really?

I don't believe he put that guy in there.

Not a Mets by any stretch... But..... Mets should be up 3-1
Should have won game1 and game 4.

Why should they have won game 1? Because they had a lead?

The only reason they had a lead was an error.

Very possible KC wins game 4 without the error as well.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Why should they have won game 1? Because they had a lead?

The only reason they had a lead was an error.

Very possible KC wins game 4 without the error as well.

Once you get the lead, error or not, your closer has to close.

He blew two saves in this World Series.

If he was actually "closing" then terry has no brainier tonight. Either familia starts 9th or cones in after walk.

Done!