MLB New York teams in playoffs

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I don't know. Young had their number. Effortlessly.

Mets with Matz, Harvey and DeGrom. They can go 2 of 3 putting series at 3-3

What to do... What to do?

if they get to 3 and 3 for a 7th game, I would gladly take Syndergaard over whoever the Royals throw out there. Bunch of whining from the Royals over a high pitch that wasnt even close to Escobars head. It was closer to the plate. It just happened to be 200 mph. anybodys knees would have buckled. Royals just overreacted.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
if they get to 3 and 3 for a 7th game, I would gladly take Syndergaard over whoever the Royals throw out there. Bunch of whining from the Royals over a high pitch that wasnt even close to Escobars head. It was closer to the plate. It just happened to be 200 mph. anybodys knees would have buckled. Royals just overreacted.

Mets have their whiners too. Murphy thinks he is Paul O'Neill.... Complains about EVERY strike. Lol

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Mets have their whiners too. Murphy thinks he is Paul O'Neill.... Complains about EVERY strike. Lol

not every strike. Just the ones the umpires miss. :D And in this series, there have been a few. Syndergaard got squeezed the first inning. Of all the technology the league has, maybe balls and strikes should be done electronically. Every player in baseball is measured in their baseball uniform from the knees to the letters and the data is put into a computer. Put a chip in the ball and computerize the plate. Just make sure the league office handles the data. Dont want the people from Boston to have their hands on the data.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bunch of whining from the Royals over a high pitch that wasnt even close to Escobars head.

Considering Escobar's success at the plate and well known history of swinging at the first pitch, it was a lttle more than ironic the first pitch of the game was inside and at head level don't you think? There was obviously a message being sent on that pitch.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
No doubt it was a purpose pitch. But it was at head level. Not at his head. It never went in the batter's box. if he wanted to throw at his head, there would have been no debate. High and inside part of the plate is not at his head.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
12189721_10156241632585078_8536877871349667027_n.jpg

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt it was a purpose pitch. But it was at head level. Not at his head. It never went in the batter's box. if he wanted to throw at his head, there would have been no debate. High and inside part of the plate is not at his head.

After listening to his interview BEFORE the game and him telling of his intentions it's pretty clear to me what was going on with that first pitch. Knowing what I know now I can say the ump should have throw him out of the game immediately. I'm sure 100% of the Royals fan would agree.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
After listening to his interview BEFORE the game and him telling of his intentions it's pretty clear to me what was going on with that first pitch. Knowing what I know now I can say the ump should have throw him out of the game immediately. I'm sure 100% of the Royals fan would agree.

Whatever, Yost said the same thing about Murphy before the series started. It is not against the rules to use all of the plate. That is part of the game.......a brushback. He does not mean to plunk him for revenge or anything, it is just to get him off of the plate. Nothing more and nothing less.

That pitch did not come close to hitting him in the head and if he was standing normally at the plate, no one would have even noticed.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
i like the Mets chances tomorrow. Chris young is a journeyman pitcher. Yea he can throw ok but Mets saw him for an extended time on Tuesday. Matz should keep them in the game. I would say both bullpens will be in motion tomorrow night. If the Mets pull it out, getting Harvey back on regular rest will be good. Tomorrow night is huge.

Young has been unhitable at times this year (including last Tuesday).

FloridaRob

Reaction score

So throwing inside should get you thrown iut of the game?? He did not come close to hitting him. If he hits him you have a right or even maybe comes close you may have a case. I am sure too that 100% of royals fans think that. 100% oh San Fran baseball fans think Barry bonds was clean. 100% of pats fans think Brady did nothing wrong.99% of cowboys fans thinks dez catch should have been ruled complete. Doesn't mean they are right.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is ridiculous! Chris Cy Young is going to pitch a perfect game, we are done............:laugh:

Superstitions-Images.png

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Clippard... Clippard..... Really?

I don't believe he put that guy in there.

Not a Mets by any stretch... But..... Mets should be up 3-1
Should have won game1 and game 4.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Clippard... Clippard..... Really?

I don't believe he put that guy in there.

Not a Mets by any stretch... But..... Mets should be up 3-1
Should have won game1 and game 4.

I told my wife at the time that he blows it. He should only come in with a good lead :(

FloridaRob

Reaction score
same here. As soon as Clippard came in I said to my wife we were done. I know Terry is loyal to a fault but that was brutal. As Mets fans we always knew the weak spot was the bridge between the starting pitching and Familia. Reed has been pretty good as long as he starts the inning. Clippard has been horrendous since he first came to the Mets.

He is just a tad better than Bobby Parnell but that is like saying Mama Cass is just a tad thinner than Melissa McCarthy. Fat is Fat and suck is suck.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
same here. As soon as Clippard came in I said to my wife we were done. I know Terry is loyal to a fault but that was brutal. As Mets fans we always knew the weak spot was the bridge between the starting pitching and Familia. Reed has been pretty good as long as he starts the inning. Clippard has been horrendous since he first came to the Mets.

He is just a tad better than Bobby Parnell but that is like saying Mama Cass is just a tad thinner than Melissa McCarthy. Fat is Fat and suck is suck.

Seriously. This same thing came back to bite Ron Washington in the butt ... He put in journeyman junk ball pitcher in the game and lost the World Series. Darrel Oliver?

It's 2-1 ... You have to win that game. You go with familia. Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Murphy was great in playoffs. But he is not a 2nd basemen.
Late in the game you put the best defense out there.

He is not the kind of infield that can aggressively attack the ball. Valiant effort but...