MLB Playoffs 19

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Yankees have a great team. Great series. My fingernails are gone.

I'm still not convinced the better team won. Still think the Yanks have more talent.....problem is the worthless manager Aaron Boone. And I thought Jason Garrett was clueless about his team. Boone did absolutely nothing in games 5 and 6. Edwin Encarnacion...OMG.....you can't tell me when CC Sabathia went down...Luke Voit wasn't a better option to bring up. Instead he brings up Ben Heller....which we never saw in the series. Edwin Encarnacion...1 for 22..11 strike outs. And why he started that puke Chad Greene????? As soon as he started to get into trouble tonight....he should have made a move...instead he just let this play out...and the Astros had the lead...again. Seemed like NY was fighting up hill all series long. I hope Cashman is smart enough to figure out Boone is in over his head. There was so many times in this series...If Boone would have done something...the outcome could have been different. Frustrating...knowing this team had the talent to win it all...but the dope in charge let it slip away. And on a side note...You can't tell me NY wasn't getting screwed behind the plate. I bet if you went back and counted how many strikes got called...that should have been called balls....I'd bet that number is over a dozen. Home umpire must of had Astros season tickets. Sad to have a series come down to a few calls like that...but it seems like sports in general have gone down the toilet because of poor refereeing.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yankees have a great team. Great series. My fingernails are gone.

I’m a yankee fan.

It was not a great series.
The game 5 win ultimately turns into a garbage time touchdown.

They were owned by Houston pitching. Got lucky vs Verlander.

Boone did a lot wrong but this was not their year.

If you remember, Boston smoked Houston last year.
Houston WAS ON A MISSION.

They followed through.
Pennant champs.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm still not convinced the better team won. Still think the Yanks have more talent.....problem is the worthless manager Aaron Boone. And I thought Jason Garrett was clueless about his team. Boone did absolutely nothing in games 5 and 6. Edwin Encarnacion...OMG.....you can't tell me when CC Sabathia went down...Luke Voit wasn't a better option to bring up. Instead he brings up Ben Heller....which we never saw in the series. Edwin Encarnacion...1 for 22..11 strike outs. And why he started that puke Chad Greene????? As soon as he started to get into trouble tonight....he should have made a move...instead he just let this play out...and the Astros had the lead...again. Seemed like NY was fighting up hill all series long. I hope Cashman is smart enough to figure out Boone is in over his head. There was so many times in this series...If Boone would have done something...the outcome could have been different. Frustrating...knowing this team had the talent to win it all...but the dope in charge let it slip away. And on a side note...You can't tell me NY wasn't getting screwed behind the plate. I bet if you went back and counted how many strikes got called...that should have been called balls....I'd bet that number is over a dozen. Home umpire must of had Astros season tickets. Sad to have a series come down to a few calls like that...but it seems like sports in general have gone down the toilet because of poor refereeing.

If you can use stats to prove the Yankees had the better team, then pull'em out.

At this point you're just spouting grapes that are sour.

I've been a Yankees fan since the end of the Mantle era.

The better team won.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

The great series is from this Astros fan perspective. The calls went both ways but we may have come out ahead in that dept. The most blatant was the one Greinke threw right down the pipe and was called a ball.

Either way, it is what it is...on to the next series and may the best team win...if the Nats win, I will tip my cap to them, congratulate the Nat fans and call them Champs...

Hopefully at the end of the football season we can all celebrate a championship for our beloved football team..go Cowboys

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
I’m a yankee fan.

It was not a great series.
The game 5 win ultimately turns into a garbage time touchdown.

They were owned by Houston pitching. Got lucky vs Verlander.

Boone did a lot wrong but this was not their year.

If you remember, Boston smoked Houston last year.
Houston WAS ON A MISSION.

They followed through.
Pennant champs.

Yep...both our teams got smoked by the Red Sox last year. My son and I witnessed one of their ‘smokings’ at Minute Maid. I was glad to see them beat the Dodgers in the WS. They were very classy.
If the Yankees had won this series, I was going to pull for the Nats because they are the Cinderellas.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
If you can use stats to prove the Yankees had the better team, then pull'em out.

The better team won.

I was a Yankee fan until Steinbrenner trying to buy a WS winner every year got tiresome. My Stros were always #1, even though the dark Spec Richardson years. We are the better team this year and we proved it on the field. The Yanks will be really good next year and the Stros probably not as good. Sadly, I think we lose Cole to FA and there's noise Greinke might retire if we win the WS. That will leave our SP in a mess.

kskboys

Reaction score
The plate calls were horrific, but it went both ways. My buds and I were remarking on it all through the series. If you were to go back and watch just the Astros side of it, you'd see what I mean. Grossly inconsistent.

It's quite simply past time to let the computer call balls and strikes. Blues behind the plate have controlled the game for way too long.

kskboys

Reaction score
The great series is from this Astros fan perspective. The calls went both ways but we may have come out ahead in that dept. The most blatant was the one Greinke threw right down the pipe and was called a ball.

Either way, it is what it is...on to the next series and may the best team win...if the Nats win, I will tip my cap to them, congratulate the Nat fans and call them Champs...

Hopefully at the end of the football season we can all celebrate a championship for our beloved football team..go Cowboys
I don't think so. One of the reasons for the inept performances w/ runners on base by both teams were some horrific calls at the plate. Our hitters were also getting hosed, and badly. That's prolly the primary reason why Brantley didn't hit better.

kskboys

Reaction score

The better team won.
Very very close. If the Astros were better, it's by a tic. Not really enough to matter.

If I were a Yankees fan, I'd be disturbed by all the strikeouts. One of the primary factors that no one ever talks about is the ability to hit good pitching. IMO, I think the Astros are a bit better at that, but it's dang close.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yep...both our teams got smoked by the Red Sox last year. My son and I witnessed one of their ‘smokings’ at Minute Maid. I was glad to see them beat the Dodgers in the WS. They were very classy.
If the Yankees had won this series, I was going to pull for the Nats because they are the Cinderellas.

Haha.
I’m pulling for Nats to win.
I want Astros to stay at one WS win.

I was a Yankee fan until Steinbrenner trying to buy a WS winner every year got tiresome. My Stros were always #1, even though the dark Spec Richardson years. We are the better team this year and we proved it on the field. The Yanks will be really good next year and the Stros probably not as good. Sadly, I think we lose Cole to FA and there's noise Greinke might retire if we win the WS. That will leave our SP in a mess.

He didn’t try every year. It’s such an inaccurate myth.
Also, there isn’t one that HE BOUGHT.
He failed more than he won when it came to buying big name free agents,

Reggie = win
Winfield = fail
Giambi = fail
Randy Johnson = fail

kskboys

Reaction score
Haha.
I’m pulling for Nats to win.
I want Astros to stay at one WS win.

He didn’t try every year. It’s such an inaccurate myth.
Also, there isn’t one that HE BOUGHT.
He failed more than he won when it came to buying big name free agents,

Reggie = win
Winfield = fail
Giambi = fail
Randy Johnson = fail
Clemens, Pettite, David Wells, Orel Hersheiser, David Cone. Might want to rethink that statement.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

The better team won.

I don't see how anyone can say the Yankees are better than the Astros...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see how anyone can say the Yankees are better than the Astros...

The Yankees had a very good team, but by whomever's numbers you use... Be it "old school" or by advanced metrics the Astros had the better team. The Yankees had a slightly better bullpen, but offense, defense, starting pitching... The Astros were better.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Astros can grind out a game as good as any team I have ever seen. They remind me a little of the 70s Reds. Can beat you is so many different ways.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The Yankees had a very good team, but by whomever's numbers you use... Be it "old school" or by advanced metrics the Astros had the better team. The Yankees had a slightly better bullpen, but offense, defense, starting pitching... The Astros were better.

Yea, this pretty much sums it up. If it were Nationals vs Yankees, I'd get it. Nationals have better starting pitching, Yankees have a better bullpen. Both teams have a near identical batting average, but the Yankees hit more home runs but also struck out a lot more.

Astros, are just a better team.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
The plate calls were horrific, but it went both ways. My buds and I were remarking on it all through the series. If you were to go back and watch just the Astros side of it, you'd see what I mean. Grossly inconsistent.

It's quite simply past time to let the computer call balls and strikes. Blues behind the plate have controlled the game for way too long.

Then you will love this.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Clemens, Pettite, David Wells, Orel Hersheiser, David Cone. Might want to rethink that statement.

Clemens?
Pettitte?
David Wells?
Orel???? You sure?
Cone?

None, except maybe Clemens were BIG free agents and that’s debatable.
Cone and wells weren’t lauded as great pickups and we didn’t break bank. They resurrected careers with Yankees.

kskboys

Reaction score
Clemens?
Pettitte?
David Wells?
Orel???? You sure?
Cone?

None, except maybe Clemens were BIG free agents and that’s debatable.
Cone and wells weren’t lauded as great pickups and we didn’t break bank. They resurrected careers with Yankees.
You were simply wrong, dude. Yanks paid big money for players. I'm not downing them for it, if the league allows it, don't blame them at all.

ARod, Knoblach, Tim Raines, there's a couple more for you.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
You were simply wrong, dude. Yanks paid big money for players. I'm not downing them for it, if the league allows it, don't blame them at all.

ARod, Knoblach, Tim Raines, there's a couple more for you.

If Im wrong you need to show your work?

All teams buy players. Astros get Greinkie and Cole. Seriously.

Knoblach and Old man Tim Raines.... really? People are laughing at your post you know that right?

You are still losing argument.... no, you have not entered the argument yet.

Ok. AROD. Yes.
And yet we won World Series because of Matsui and NOT AROD.