MLB Regular Season

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Astros all the way baby!! On a 10 game winning streak and finally hitting their stride. Good to see Keuchel pitch well again. Verlander?! Beast mode!
Verlander is the most dominating pitcher I've watched since Pedro. He's my favorite pitcher in baseball, hands down. I've told @RGV_C_Los this before, too. The way his fastball increases in velocity as the game goes on, hitting 98 in the 9th inning en route to a complete game, it's just unreal. His thick trunky legs and huge persona on the mound, plus Kate Upton! jk :)

Seriously, he's our current day Randy Johnson/Nolan Ryan. Love him.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Looks like the Sandy Alderson Firesale is open for Business. According to Metsblog, everyone is available. Unfotunately, that does not include the Comedy duo of Fred and Jeffy Wilpon. Not that I trust Alderson to obtain anybody of substance. But it is time to overhaul this team. Nimmo looks like a player, Conforto is lost, no catcher, old infield except for Rosario that appears over his head, broken down outfiled of Cespedes who plays when he wants to and Bruce who lost his stroke as soon as he stroked his signature on a new contract. Familia forgot how to close after Kansas City beat him in the World Series time and time again.

I would hope he would trade with any team including the Yankees. So what if Degrom wins a world series with the Yankees. IT is not like he is going to win one with the Mets as long as the Wilpons own the team. This is just as depressing as the M Donald Grant and Tom Seaver years. Nothing changes. Bunch of cheap skate owners that think they are baseball gurus.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Astros just concluded their most dominant road trip ever going 10-0.

The team is now hitting, which they weren't for the first month and half of the season.

Yep. Been waiting for this. With the historic pitching rotation they have AND the bats coming to life, they could easily turn into a runaway freight train. Especially if Dallas Keuchel can find his groove.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. Been waiting for this. With the historic pitching rotation they have AND the bats coming to life, they could easily turn into a runaway freight train. Especially if Dallas Keuchel can find his groove.

When you lead the league in runs scored and you've given up the fewest runs in MLB... You're pretty good.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like the Sandy Alderson Firesale is open for Business. According to Metsblog, everyone is available. Unfotunately, that does not include the Comedy duo of Fred and Jeffy Wilpon. Not that I trust Alderson to obtain anybody of substance. But it is time to overhaul this team. Nimmo looks like a player, Conforto is lost, no catcher, old infield except for Rosario that appears over his head, broken down outfiled of Cespedes who plays when he wants to and Bruce who lost his stroke as soon as he stroked his signature on a new contract. Familia forgot how to close after Kansas City beat him in the World Series time and time again.

I would hope he would trade with any team including the Yankees. So what if Degrom wins a world series with the Yankees. IT is not like he is going to win one with the Mets as long as the Wilpons own the team. This is just as depressing as the M Donald Grant and Tom Seaver years. Nothing changes. Bunch of cheap skate owners that think they are baseball gurus.

It is a lot like the post WS years of the mid 70's.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most do not realize how much talent the Astros have stock-piled.

Everyone of their minor league teams has at least 40 wins except one that has 37 and another that just started play.

It's that minor league talent that will keep the big club from having to retain guys like Keuchel and Marwin at ridiculously high contracts and screwup the payroll ala the Angels and Tigers.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

RS12

Reaction score
RS, bless you for bringing joy to this thread :)
I'll take all the blessings I can get Trouty cause I always use it. I just like to remind people whats happening all summer as Trout toils away in obscurity with literally no chance to make any post season noise. I am an old fart but got to see some of baseballs golden era and the weird thing is his career reminds me a little of Nolan Ryan (yes I know he was a pitcher) when he was an Angel. Dominating on an awful Angels team that was no threat to go to the post season and that nobody cared about in general. Even with all the media and 24/7 news coverage Trout isnt getting his due. Its a shame really.

RS12

Reaction score
I dont even know why people bother with the NL, I dont see a team there that could win a 7 game series vs NYY Bos or Hou. It would take a Madison Baumgarner type pitching performance to pull it off.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well presented article which should open a few eyes so that you can enjoy greatness while its happening instead of figuring it out when his career is over. Looks like only a Conigliaro type catastrophe could prevent this freight train from reaching Cooperstown.http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23800260/how-mike-trout-stacks-mlb-greats-closes-1000-games

What Trout is doing is amazing... But it's occurring in a "black box". Without team success it's sorta one-man vs. the world and no matter how great he is the world is going to win. He's an enhanced version of Ernie Banks and what Banks went through in his career with the cubs.