MLB Regular Season

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm hate watching Mookie Betts. Just disgusting he's leading the AL in outfielder all star votes. His start to the season before injury was insane, admittedly, but you don't miss that much time, then come back and bat .200, and still lead the best baseball player in the world, having his best season.

I agree. Some people just look at the stats vote. Ughh.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Not any more!!!!!

I'm still ticked off that A.J. Hinch chose to let Altuve and Bregman rest yesterday. 1 win away from a franchise record winning streak and he gives them the day off.

I understand that he's looking farther ahead but I wanted that record with Verlander on the mound. :mad:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Nope. Let's see:
Average. Altuve .346 Judge .284
Hits. Altuve 204, Judge 154.
Strikeouts. Altuve 84, Judge led the league at 208.

Fielding percentage. Altuve .987, Judge .984, depite playing an easier position with much less handling of the ball.

They got it right...
Judge led in Runs, HR, RBI, OPS...... the biggies

Judge had 15 HRs and a 1.356 OPS in Sept when NY needed him the most and clinched the Wild Card

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Judge should have been MVP last year

Why? Because he hit 52 home runs and struck out a lot?

Altuve had more hits, led the majors in average, drew more walks and had a way higher OBP than Judge. And he became the first player in Major League history to be the outright leader in hits in his league in four consecutive seasons.

Altuve also had more singles, doubles, triples and stolen bases than Judge.

Altuve deserved the MVP and it wasn't even close. ;)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Altuve also had more singles, doubles, triples and stolen bases than Judge.
I already showed you why.....you are counting base hits like 3x.....OPS is 10x more accurate than hits

a bunch more Runs, a ton more Home Runs, way more RBI, huge difference in OPS ..........HUGE

drew more walks and had a way higher OBP than Judge.

Judge beat him in Walks 127 to 58 and OBP .422 to .410...............Total Bases 340 to 322

Plus he was clutch ...........15 HRs in September with a 1.350 OPS........

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
https://i.*******/u3ewybh75rvz.jpg

You are right ......it wasn't close.............Judge by TKO

All I see is some Neanderthal who hits for power and strikes out a lot. Where's the defense? Stash him in right field so he's not a liability? And Altuve EARNED his OBP. with hits. Not mostly walks or home runs. 208 K's and 58 home runs?. Feast or famine.

Altuve by KO.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
All I see is some Neanderthal who hits for power and strikes out a lot. Where's the defense? Stash him in right field so he's not a liability? And Altuve EARNED his OBP. with hits. Not mostly walks or home runs. 208 K's and 58 home runs?. Feast or famine.

Altuve by KO.
I see someone that doesn't understand Stats at all

You said Altuve got more Walks and had a better OBP but now try to squirm out of it

Hits and Batting Average are the Neanderthal stats and the ratings at the bottom cover Judge's better D........Home Runs are 4 base hits in one and Altuve is little more than a Punch and Judy hitter

Nice try but you were proven 1000% wrong on your own mistakes and can't even man up,,,,,that is weak