MM, KM and Dak proved nothing last night

Sydla

Reaction score
They're not, they're realistic. You're the one who is consistent in your Dallas trashing as well as fans who support the team past your liking. You think the entire season doesn't mean anything, lmao, which is pretty silly for someone who does all the trashing all season long. Your misery is a choice.

If there are fans that do not see the significance of winning 12 games and making the playoffs two years in a row, you would think they'd NOT post constantly about homer fans on a Dallas fan forum.
Especially after a outstanding performance vs. Tampa.
But like I said, it's a choice not enjoying things out of your control, but only IF they meet your fairytale expectations.
Are we really now celebrating 2 straight playoff years? Shouldn't that just be the general expectation for fans of what some here will tell you is one of the premier franchises in the NFL?

I enjoyed last night very much. But I also am not going to slobber all over myself praising how awesome McCarthy and Dak are now that we won a playoff game. I want more. Frankly, they need to do more. Bowing out again and not making the NFCCG is not much different than some of those seasons we had under Garrett, Phillips, etc.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Are we really now celebrating 2 straight playoff years? Shouldn't that just be the general expectation for fans of what some here will tell you is one of the premier franchises in the NFL?

I enjoyed last night very much. But I also am not going to slobber all over myself praising how awesome McCarthy and Dak are now that we won a playoff game. I want more. Frankly, they need to do more. Bowing out again and not making the NFCCG is not much different than some of those seasons we had under Garrett, Phillips, etc.

Garrett never led Dallas to back to back seasons this good; and the Wade Phillips teams peaked too early and made too many mistakes. Unlike Garrett, McCarthy has been this far into the playoffs before as a coach and knows what to expect. You are right not to get too excited over a wild card playoff win, but the Cowboys have a real chance to go on the deepest run they have had since the 1990's dynasty.

Sydla

Reaction score
Garrett never led Dallas to back to back seasons this good; and the Wade Phillips teams peaked too early and made too many mistakes. Unlike Garrett, McCarthy has been this far into the playoffs before as a coach and knows what to expect. You are right not to get too excited over a wild card playoff win, but the Cowboys have a real chance to go on the deepest run they have had since the 1990's dynasty.
And yet thus far, his results are not really all that different than Garrett or Phillips in the postseason.

I mean if in 3 years we look back and all he has is a few playoff seasons, maybe a couple of playoff wins and still no NFCCG are we praising how great he is? Or are we saying to ourselves, it looks like we have another Garrett?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They had already proved their worth. I believe the Cowboys have won more games the last 2 years than any other team. The team believes in him and play hard for him. KM has consistently had one of the best offenses in the NFL. I don’t like those end around plays but it does give the defenses something to think about. And Dak, Dak’s been one of the best QB’s in the league since he won NFL Rookie of the Year. He‘s had turnover issues this year but if you’re honest with yourselves, half of those weren’t his fault. The haters will never admit that because they’re incapable of being honest with themselves. And the defense has been swiss cheese the last half of the season. Kudos to the D for stepping up last night and shutting down Tom Brady.

So all the media and hater hype about MM, KM and Dak playing for their careers was just that, hype. It’s a great example of how perception becomes reality. The media, who are paid to create controversy, crapped on them all. The mouth breathing haters have not the mental capability to see through this and went with the perception because it played into their hater mentality. All I got to say about them is “HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!”

:starspin:

Oh, oh...Rockport, I hope your words don't come back to bite you on the arse, because if they lose to the 49'ers you are going to get a lot of backlash for counting your chickens before they hatch. You are setting yourself up for ridicule if things don't go right. I really don't know what your motive is for this kind of post.

Anyway, yes the Cowboys played a great game and I think they are going to give the 49'ers a run for their money this coming game. But, if they don't...you are going to hear about it, not from me, but you will hear about it for sure.

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!

bratch59

Reaction score
Love how to some regular season doesn’t matter. I is a hard-core Cowboys fan extremely love 17 weeks of cowboys football. Sometimes frustrated sometimes excited but I enjoy each and every week with hopes of playoff success as a reward.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
LOL. But that's my point. You say McCarthy and Dak and Moore have "proved their worth". But they've done nothing that Garrett or Phillips led teams hadn't already done. So what have they proven?

Maybe it's just that our expectations are different. To me, winning 13, 12, 11 regular season games isn't much if you just flame out in the postseason. Garrett spit out some really good regular seasons only to bomb out early in the postseason. For McCarthy to be viewed as a great HC, for Dak to be viewed as great QB, they have to do more than just do what Garrett teams did. Or Phillips teams did.
No they actually did do something those other guys didn't, make the playoffs 2yrs in a row. The more cracks at the plate the higher the chances. So yes regular season wins in essence do matter.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

You're exaggerating. In your head, I'm waving pom-poms, am I right? I do have a scruffy face, but I won't judge.
Who said anything about celebrating? Who said anything childish and weird like slobbering?

We just won the first playoff game on the road since the freaking 90's dude. So that hasn't been done since Jimmy. Feel free to reminisce about the rest of the HCs we've had till now, the ones that couldn't do it. Half empty.

But come on, nothing personal, I'm sure you have knowledge of the game, but are we allowed to enjoy a win? Nothing creepy like your other takes.

Just like after Washington, can we wait until the upcoming game is decided before you start pissing and moaning about losing the game?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And yet thus far, his results are not really all that different than Garrett or Phillips in the postseason.

I mean if in 3 years we look back and all he has is a few playoff seasons, maybe a couple of playoff wins and still no NFCCG are we praising how great he is? Or are we saying to ourselves, it looks like we have another Garrett?
Again, let's be honest & accurate. They had back to back 12 win seasons and made the playoffs, winning a road postseason game not done since the 90's.

Sydla

Reaction score
Again, let's be honest & accurate. They had back to back 12 win seasons and made the playoffs, winning a road postseason game not done since the 90's.
But is what they did all that impressive in the grand scheme of things? Great, they made the playoffs two years in a row. Is that really that much different than say Garrett making the playoffs two out of three seasons, for example? Not really.

And at the end of the day, if you get bounced early without making a title game at this point, it's not really any more impressive than what any other coach in the last 20+ years has done.

You guys literally have your expectations set at zero for this franchise. It's kind of funny because you guys will lose your crap if anyone suggests the Cowboys are frauds and not an elite/premier franchise but then when it's said that they have to do more than make the playoffs a couple years in a row, suddenly you guys are like, woah, woah, that's unrealistc expectations.

Until McCarthy and Dak make a NFCCG, at least, to me they aren't really all that much different than Romo before Dak, Garrett before McCarthy, etc. They have a real chance to put all this to rest 6 days from now.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I'm not getting overly excited. We won a game we were supposed to win against a team no where as good as us. That's great, that is what we are suppose to do. I think half of league expected us to fail as that is what we are known to do in big games so big props to the team and coaching staff for actually being ready and having a winning game plan.

The competition greatly improves next week. Can this team come out next Sunday and play like that again? I hope so!! As the prove it games as far as I'm concerned start next week.
You didn’t but into the whole GOAT thing. That’s good. I’ll admit it worries me some.

Sydla

Reaction score
And FWIW, how they lose, if they do, can be a factor here. I mean I won't get on McCarthy if say Maher decides to continue with the yips and miss 3 XPs and two FGs and we lose by 4.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
But is what they did all that impressive in the grand scheme of things? Great, they made the playoffs two years in a row. Is that really that much different than say Garrett making the playoffs two out of three seasons, for example? Not really.

And at the end of the day, if you get bounced early without making a title game at this point, it's not really any more impressive than what any other coach in the last 20+ years has done.

You guys literally have your expectations set at zero for this franchise. It's kind of funny because you guys will lose your crap if anyone suggests the Cowboys are frauds and not an elite/premier franchise but then when it's said that they have to do more than make the playoffs a couple years in a row, suddenly you guys are like, woah, woah, that's unrealistc expectations.

Until McCarthy and Dak make a NFCCG, at least, to me they aren't really all that much different than Romo before Dak, Garrett before McCarthy, etc. They have a real chance to put all this to rest 6 days from now.
Do you even try to read another opinion? Wow.
Thanks for proving my point though. "You guys" over & over. Do you actually have a clue what my expectations are?
When have I "lost my crap"
I sure as hell think it's WAY more realistic than acting like we have already lost vs. the 49ers. Why are you here? To repeat "You guys" all day? Mock fans on a fan forum? Sounds miserable.

Sydla

Reaction score
Do you even try to read another opinion? Wow.
Thanks for proving my point though. "You guys" over & over. Do you actually have a clue what my expectations are?
When have I "lost my crap"
I sure as hell think it's WAY more realistic than acting like we have already lost vs. the 49ers. Why are you here? To repeat "You guys" all day? Mock fans on a fan forum? Sounds miserable.
Speaking of not reading, point out where I have opined we have already lost to the 49ers?

All I have said is that if you really want to consider McCarthy better than the past coaches, Dak better than what came before them, they have to beat the 49ers and advance to a NFCCG.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
OP is insane and just shows what a homer he really is. They beat up on an 8-10 team who was all banged up. We will see what happens this week in SF but it amazes me how these homers are so clueless.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Speaking of not reading, point out where I have opined we have already lost to the 49ers?

All I have said is that if you really want to consider McCarthy better than the past coaches, Dak better than what came before them, they have to beat the 49ers and advance to a NFCCG.
You're butthurt over the past 30 years has nothing to do with the current team. You've made it that way.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If the Cowboys lose next weekend, this season ends just like the previous 26 have - no NFCCG appearance. That makes McCarthy and company no different than the previous coaches who accomplished what McCarthy did.

Shouldn't we expect better?
So what if they win? Will you pleased and happy? Or will you sulk that your running out of bad news?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Oh, oh...Rockport, I hope your words don't come back to bite you on the arse, because if they lose to the 49'ers you are going to get a lot of backlash for counting your chickens before they hatch. You are setting yourself up for ridicule if things don't go right. I really don't know what your motive is for this kind of post.

Anyway, yes the Cowboys played a great game and I think they are going to give the 49'ers a run for their money this coming game. But, if they don't...you are going to hear about it, not from me, but you will hear about it for sure.

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!
Why? I said they had already proved their worth. They have. What happens against the 49’ers is not going to change that for them. Now we want the icing on the cake. Keep winning. There’s only 1 Champion at the end of the year. I want that to be the Cowboys.