MM, KM and Dak proved nothing last night

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No one talks about regular season wins. No one talks about the 13 win Cowboys team a few years ago that lost in the first round. Teams, coaches and GMs are defined by postseason success. It won't matter how many regular season wins you accumulate, if you spit the bit constantly in the postseason, no one defines you as great.

People who want to gloat about regular season wins are the homers who struggle to admit this franchise has been a complete and utter failure when the games matter most - postseason.

They have a chance to change that trend this year.
Who's your favorite team?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The objective is to win a ring. No doubt. But in order to do that you need to get to the post season. Sure, you could pray and hope to get there with 8 wins like the Buccaneers but to make the playoffs is hit or miss at 8 wins.

I'm just saying its not meaningless. It means something to win 12 games. Just like the Vikings. They won 12 games and had home field. They loss. But they have their own selves to blame for that. They had a nice path to the SB if they were good enough.
Some fans just will never be happy. To suggest the entire season is meaningless is what a contarian would say to just start an edgy argument. I mean, we just moved on to the divisional round after a butt-stomping and even that isn't good enough.
All week, Brady this & Brady that, Dak's INTs etc........

EST_1986

Reaction score
I’m glad you’re miserable Dak had a great game And the Cowboys won. Talking about being a big baby.
I've was ecstatic he played so well actually, was a shocker but a welcome one. Hope he can continue that level of play. But keep making up narratives you baby.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
One, this is wrong. The Chiefs have won more regular season games than any other NFL team over the last two years.

Two, regular season wins are meaningless if you can't win in the postseason. Cowboys have been abysmal in the postseason over the last two decades, even when they had really good teams. Hopefully, this team changes that dynamic by finally making a NFCCG this year with a win over the 49ers.
This is wrong. Regular season wins get you into the playoffs. You can’t go to the big dance unless you win enough regular season wins to get you in the tournament. So you saying they’re meaningless says a lot about your football acumen.
I agree with both sentiments. Yes, Rockport is right. Common sense is you have to win regular season games to get to the playoffs.

The part I agree with Sydla is the post season play once we get to the playoffs... These one and dones are well beyond old... With Purdy as the 49er QB, I see us handing it to the 49ers as long as our Defense shows up.

Brax

Reaction score
Before yesterday y’all were saying they are a one and done team. Now you’re saying winning the 2nd game. Next you’ll be saying winning the NFCCG. Then you’ll be saying winning a SB. Then you’ll be saying it’s only 1 SB, on and on and on.
I’m on record of saying it’s a SB appearance at the minimum, one win against a poor team doesn’t mean much, but I forgot you’re one of the participation trophy guys. Let’s wait until they accomplish something meaningful or is that too deep for you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Cowboys front office has done a good job a convincing the fanbase that "if you do such and such and miss, that can set the franchise back for years"

Did missing on Chip Kelly set the Eagles back for years? They won the Super Bowl with the next guy. Moved on from him..and are poised to make another run with the next guy. Has missing on Carson Wentz set their franchise back? Or remember when we did not keep DeMarco Murray....and DeMarco Murray left too much meat on the bone...and the Eagles will regret signing him to the big contract...and Joseph Randle could do just as good if not better. My point is if you have a competent front office...you can take risks and if you miss...you are not set back for YEARS.
Nobody can say the Cowboys don't take risks....that's not the issue here. Eagles did bounce back from the Chip Kelly era. Its possible but there are some teams that don't bounce back at all.
Multiple reports have surfaced that suggested they did not see eye to eye.
Oh where are these reports? I haven't seen them.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’m on record of saying it’s a SB appearance at the minimum, one win against a poor team doesn’t mean much, but I forgot you’re one of the participation trophy guys. Let’s wait until they accomplish something meaningful or is that too deep for you.
Find where I ever said getting to the playoffs or winning 1 game was good enough. I’ll be waiting.

cnuball21

Reaction score
They had already proved their worth. I believe the Cowboys have won more games the last 2 years than any other team. The team believes in him and play hard for him. KM has consistently had one of the best offenses in the NFL. I don’t like those end around plays but it does give the defenses something to think about. And Dak, Dak’s been one of the best QB’s in the league since he won NFL Rookie of the Year. He‘s had turnover issues this year but if you’re honest with yourselves, half of those weren’t his fault. The haters will never admit that because they’re incapable of being honest with themselves. And the defense has been swiss cheese the last half of the season. Kudos to the D for stepping up last night and shutting down Tom Brady.

So all the media and hater hype about MM, KM and Dak playing for their careers was just that, hype. It’s a great example of how perception becomes reality. The media, who are paid to create controversy, crapped on them all. The mouth breathing haters have not the mental capability to see through this and went with the perception because it played into their hater mentality. All I got to say about them is “HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!”

:starspin:

Agree. Mike has won a super bowl and Dak’s body of work has shown me he can get us there on a good team.

Brax

Reaction score
Find where I ever said getting to the playoffs or winning 1 game was good enough. I’ll be waiting.
The whole context of your post is they proved something which they haven’t until they do something against a good team You’re so clueless it’s almost funny

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They had already proved their worth. I believe the Cowboys have won more games the last 2 years than any other team. The team believes in him and play hard for him. KM has consistently had one of the best offenses in the NFL. I don’t like those end around plays but it does give the defenses something to think about. And Dak, Dak’s been one of the best QB’s in the league since he won NFL Rookie of the Year. He‘s had turnover issues this year but if you’re honest with yourselves, half of those weren’t his fault. The haters will never admit that because they’re incapable of being honest with themselves. And the defense has been swiss cheese the last half of the season. Kudos to the D for stepping up last night and shutting down Tom Brady.

So all the media and hater hype about MM, KM and Dak playing for their careers was just that, hype. It’s a great example of how perception becomes reality. The media, who are paid to create controversy, crapped on them all. The mouth breathing haters have not the mental capability to see through this and went with the perception because it played into their hater mentality. All I got to say about them is “HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!”

:starspin:
You may have expected what happened last night but It was good for them to show the world in a high-pressure situation with everything on the line, on the road, on grass, and in their blue road jerseys what they are truly capable of doing.

Praxit

Reaction score
..the win last night was HUGE for team. Football is probably 80% mental.

This will carry over well, into SF. They flipped the switch.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I respectfully disagree. Winning in the regular season is ok. Winning in the post season is what creates legends. Yesterday was the start....next up on the legend notch is SF and they going down in flames.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It has everything to do with you wanting to place MM and Dak and KM on some sort of pedestal. They have done a nice job this year. Dak played great last night. But if we lose next weekend, these guys have gotten no further than Garrett did with Dak or Philips got or Parcells got.

That's the point. You have decided to plant the flag on this team and McCarthy and yet they really haven't accomplished anything yet that's noteworthy or different than previous coaches/teams since Switzer won a SB.
I think your downplaying what McCarthy has done in just a short amount of time. Two years into the playoffs has not been achieved by any of his predecessors. We finally got the monkey off our backs against the GOAT who has never lost to the Cowboys ever.

The Cowboys are a well coached team and for a long time I can say that coaching is a strength of this team - and we are here because of it.