Twitter: MM says McGovern starts at LG Sunday (Clarence Hill Jr)

BermyStar

Reaction score
I can’t watch the vid… what’s it saying?
Just that McGovern is starting in place of Connor Williams. Williams being benched due to unacceptable amount of penalties. I haven't listened to it (I don't care for Mike Fisher, he's too clickbaity for my liking), but this has been reported elsewhere over the last 2 hours, so I'd assume it's what he is referring to.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did McC have to wait until now for Booger to get back to him to approve this?

lkelly

Reaction score
Did security usher him off the premises right at the end?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Didn't think they would make this move right now. Figured it would take at least a couple more games with costly mistakes. Guess we'll get to see if McGovern can do better.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I'm staying grounded on this move. I don't think the difference between Williams and McGovern is as big some think. I'm all for the better player in the end. But lets wait and see how he does.
Personally think this will be a "push" move this season, CW suffers for bad anchor technique so big DTs give him fits, it is possible CM will have trouble with 3T type DTs, and there are more dynamic 3T in the NFL than dynamic Fat boy DTs

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Wow.. if true this is a monster move either way. If McGovern flops it means the coaches don't know what they're watching in practice and if he balls out it means they took 10 weeks to see what most of us saw in September.
Not really. Is it possible that one has continually gotten better while the other continually gotten worse until it came to this? I just love how we know everything without having all the actual insight and expertise. But I get it!

fivetwos

Reaction score
I feel awful for the all comp pick obsessed folks.

Itll probably be a 6th instead of a 5th now

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So, will C. Williams now be the FB in the "jumbo" package?

He's got good movement skills, so I think he can handle it. It actually plays to his strength because his tendency to hold is usually caused by him getting overpowered by big defensive linemen. Playing fullback would put him on the move generally to block linebackers.