Mo Clay to Baltimore?*** signs with Jets***merged

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In 9 seasons, Newman missed 11 games. He had 6 seasons where he played 16 games.

In the 5 seasons since he has been gone, he has missed 8 games and played 16 games once.

Newman did not miss a game for his first four seasons, Mo missed 24 and another 9 in his fifth. I'm not sure what injury comparison you're making here.

Later in his career here Newman always had nagging hammy injuries....I think that's what he's referring to.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Good points. I also saw Mo start to turn it around. He was very good in 2015, too. But if it weren't for the injury concerns, he would have been one of this year's most sought-after free agents. Heck, if Romo didn't have durability concerns, we'd have gotten a 3rd round pick, maybe more, for him by now.

I would love to have Claiborne back. I just don't know if the Cowboys have the cap flexibility to gamble on him again.
I can live with letting Mo go if it's a unreasonable contract. But if he signs the same deal as he signed last season? That will hurt.

Reactions: CWR

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I've yet to see that Mo has actually signed anything.
Out of curiosity, at what point in the Green Bay game did Mo get injured and what was the injury? I seem to recall it was a rib injury and relatively early in the game?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
In 9 seasons, Newman missed 11 games. He had 6 seasons where he played 16 games.

In the 5 seasons since he has been gone, he has missed 8 games and played 16 games once.

Newman did not miss a game for his first four seasons, Mo missed 24 and another 9 in his fifth. I'm not sure what injury comparison you're making here.

Wouldn't mind having Newman return to the team for a season. He said he's going to play another season and is planning to sign with a team that gives him a chance to win a ring.

He'd make a good nickel back who can start in a pinch.

robjay04

Reaction score
Later in his career here Newman always had nagging hammy injuries....I think that's what he's referring to.

Probably, I don't follow him closely enough to know if he got over that or not. It doesn't seem like he has any more durable since he left though.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Probably, I don't follow him closely enough to know if he got over that or not. It doesn't seem like he has any more durable since he left though.

He's missed some games the past three years, but still has played in 10 or more each season after a string of not missing any.

robjay04

Reaction score
He's missed some games the past three years, but still has played in 10 or more each season after a string of not missing any.

Oh I'm not saying he's an injury waiting to happen. I wouldn't count on him for 16 games but I believe he is more dependable than Mo.

I was responding to someone else who predicted that Mo would miraculously become less injury prone when he left the team...like Newman. Fact is, Newman wasn't injury prone with us, actually quite durable early in his career. Since he left, he has missed some time here and there but he hasn't developed some new found durability that he was lacking on our roster.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Oh I'm not saying he's an injury waiting to happen. I wouldn't count on him for 16 games but I believe he is more dependable than Mo.

I was responding to someone else who predicted that Mo would miraculously become less injury prone when he left the team...like Newman. Fact is, Newman wasn't injury prone with us, actually quite durable early in his career. Since he left, he has missed some time here and there but he hasn't developed some new found durability that he was lacking on our roster.

I agree that he's always been pretty reliable. There were a lot of fans down on him his last year here, but he actually was trying to stay on the field and play through injury, which led to a decline in his play. He got healthy and started playing back up to his previous standard.

rambo2

Reaction score
it wouldn't be bad to sign him or Carr to a one year deal and draft one or two corners in the draft. I'd like to draft 2 because the draft is loaded with corners. Better chance to hit on 1 if they draft 2. Maybe they get lucky and hit on both.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
it wouldn't be bad to sign him or Carr to a one year deal and draft one or two corners in the draft. I'd like to draft 2 because the draft is loaded with corners. Better chance to hit on 1 if they draft 2. Maybe they get lucky and hit on both.

Yep, double dip on these corners, get one early and one later.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I've yet to see that Mo has actually signed anything.
Out of curiosity, at what point in the Green Bay game did Mo get injured and what was the injury? I seem to recall it was a rib injury and relatively early in the game?
I saw a tweet today basically stating he's "expected" to accept that Raven offer....nothing final

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
What happened to the "cap management guru" that was supposed to put the Cowboys ahead of the game? Seems to me all of the contract re-writes just dig the hole deeper.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So much for the everyone wants to play for the Cowboys thing. They will go where the money is, not where it has to be created.

Of course at the end of the day it is business. Does not mean players do not want to play for the Cowboys. Myles Garrett would love to play in Dallas

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Of course at the end of the day it is business. Does not mean players do not want to play for the Cowboys. Myles Garrett would love to play in Dallas
The moral of the story is that money supersedes sentiment. That does not stop people from thinking it matters in the grand scheme of things.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The moral of the story is that money supersedes sentiment. That does not stop people from thinking it matters in the grand scheme of things.

Of course it does. Just like many of us we work for money not for fun. I have worked for some great people who just could not afford to pay me and so I looked else where. It was not personal and still think highly of them but I work for money.

CWR

Reaction score

Except I have a hard time believing Twill couldn't make more elsewhere. I wouldn't expect any player to give up a large percentage of thier pay to remain. But it is possible if the other teams offer is only say 10% more some players would sacrifice that in order to stay "home."

CWR

Reaction score
Looks like 5 million a year is the number according to La Canfora

If that is indeed his price, than allow me to exit the Mo train at this point and look forward to getting our next CB. I wanted him back but only on another prove it type deal. Its not good sense to pay that much with such a proven track record of missing time.