Mo Clay to Baltimore?*** signs with Jets***merged

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The one guy I thought we might want to hang on too...I can see this being Terrence Newman all over again.:banghead:

kevm3

Reaction score
Honestly, we might as well go full fledged on our offense because our defense is going to be in the dumpster if Claiborne and possibly Carr leaves. Get Ross or Oj Howard with that 1st pick if they fall and hope we can outscore other teams.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get the feeling that neither Carr nor Claiborne prefer to leave, and that they're giving Dallas every chance to re-sign them.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I get the feeling that neither Carr nor Claiborne prefer to leave, and that they're giving Dallas every chance to re-sign them.

Well....I guess we should consider ourselves lucky so far...considering what the Bengals just gave Dre KirkPatrick.

Dre Kirkpatrick cap hits under new contract.....

2017 - 9.38M
2018 - 9.6M
2019 - 11M
2020 - 11.25M
2021 - 11.25M

https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/841347606466985984
I guess we could have over paid MO in a panick move and have no money left....:rolleyes:

StylisticS

Reaction score
Did Claiborne even visit another team this year? I think he visited one team last year. Maybe. Maybe not. Doesn't seem to be much demand for either Claiborne or Carr.
And again we ask the same question we asked last year. What's the plan? I wouldn't mind if we lost one or Carr or Claiborne. But not both. Same with the safeties. There are now more holes to fill now in this offseason.

Reactions: CWR

rags747

Reaction score
Was a shutdown corner this year finally...Until he got hurt again.

Reactions: CWR

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Bad defense getting worse.....that's not good. JJ and Co. will need to hit on almost every draft pick this year or things are going to get real ugly on that side of the ball.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bad defense getting worse.....that's not good. JJ and Co. will need to hit on almost every draft pick this year or things are going to get real ugly on that side of the ball.

People have been projecting this defense be bad for years and they always end up better then fans think. I'm sure next year they will be just like they have been the past few years.....solid but can't generate turnovers.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Funny, these were the guys a lot Cowboys fans thought were part of the problem a year ago. Now we're having regrets that they're leaving.

Anthony Brown, Orlando Scandrick, Nolan Carroll, and a high draft pick at corner will replace Mo and Brandon Carr just fine. And I still have a feeling Carr could return anyway.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Funny, these were the guys a lot Cowboys fans thought were part of the problem a year ago. Now we're having regrets that they're leaving.

Anthony Brown, Orlando Scandrick, Nolan Carroll, and a high draft pick at corner will replace Mo and Brandon Carr just fine. And I still have a feeling Carr could return anyway.
Because everyone who pays attention saw Mo living up to his draft pick prior to getting hurt. Question is do you gamble on him turning it around. I saw Sturm comparing him to Nick Perry. Both came out the same year. Perry injured all the time. Finally put together a full season and Packers just paid him.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Because everyone who pays attention saw Mo living up to his draft pick prior to getting hurt. Question is do you gamble on him turning it around. I saw Sturm comparing him to Nick Perry. Both came out the same year. Perry injured all the time. Finally put together a full season and Packers just paid him.

Good points. I also saw Mo start to turn it around. He was very good in 2015, too. But if it weren't for the injury concerns, he would have been one of this year's most sought-after free agents. Heck, if Romo didn't have durability concerns, we'd have gotten a 3rd round pick, maybe more, for him by now.

I would love to have Claiborne back. I just don't know if the Cowboys have the cap flexibility to gamble on him again.

CWR

Reaction score
Good points. I also saw Mo start to turn it around. He was very good in 2015, too. But if it weren't for the injury concerns, he would have been one of this year's most sought-after free agents. Heck, if Romo didn't have durability concerns, we'd have gotten a 3rd round pick, maybe more, for him by now.

I would love to have Claiborne back. I just don't know if the Cowboys have the cap flexibility to gamble on him again.

Exactly, he was good in 2015 also. People are acting as if last year was his only decent year. His play has continued to improve. Now that he has turned the corner and is playing the best football of his career he will be doing it for another team. All I can say is incentive layden contract. If he wont take it then wash your hands of him and his injuries. If he does take it, then hope like heck he earns every damn incentive.

robjay04

Reaction score
Just like Terrence Newman. It would not shock me at all.

In 9 seasons, Newman missed 11 games. He had 6 seasons where he played 16 games.

In the 5 seasons since he has been gone, he has missed 8 games and played 16 games once.

Newman did not miss a game for his first four seasons, Mo missed 24 and another 9 in his fifth. I'm not sure what injury comparison you're making here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

My stance on Mo has always been if the price was a incentives based contract he was worth bringing back to see if he can continue to get better and hope like Sean Lee those injuries are a thing of the past.