Mo Clay to Baltimore?*** signs with Jets***merged

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not much interest on Mo, Carr, Dunbar, Escobar out there. That says a lot about our defense since two are depended on.

We kind of need both corners back but on the other hand.....does it really matter? I am indifferent on signing one or both of them :(

vaturkey

Reaction score
This article contradicts itself. Says he played with the Cowboys last year on a one year deal worth 1.25M at the start of the article. And at the end of the same article it says he played on a one year deal worth 3M. Great reporting. Anybody proof read anything anymore.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...rested-cowboys-free-agent-cb-morris-claiborne

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I just read it again,,, your right,it does say that.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
This article contradicts itself. Says he played with the Cowboys last year on a one year deal worth 1.25M at the start of the article. And at the end of the same article it says he played on a one year deal worth 3M. Great reporting. Anybody proof read anything anymore.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...rested-cowboys-free-agent-cb-morris-claiborne
Welcome to the state of reporting of "news" these days. The consumer is now the proofreader and fact checker.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Mo was a top CB when he played, but he's always hurt. Hoping against hope, why not an offer like 2.25M base, 250k per game, 1.25M more at 8 games, 12 games, 16 games.

That way if he miraculously plays all 16, he gets 10M. He crosses his 7.5 wish number at 12 games, and he gets the 5 at 8 games.

vaturkey

Reaction score
Mo was a top CB when he played, but he's always hurt. Hoping against hope, why not an offer like 2.25M base, 250k per game, 1.25M more at 8 games, 12 games, 16 games.

That way if he miraculously plays all 16, he gets 10M. He crosses his 7.5 wish number at 12 games, and he gets the 5 at 8 games.

I'd pay him the 250K per game starting at the 8th game of the year. He seems to break down about halfway into the season, so the odds are you would never have to pay a dime extra.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not much interest on Mo, Carr, Dunbar, Escobar out there. That says a lot about our defense since two are depended on.

We kind of need both corners back but on the other hand.....does it really matter? I am indifferent on signing one or both of them :(
There seems to be interest. Inferior guys are getting signed. We signed Nolan Carroll. Mo is just asking too much and playing hard all. Carr is a vet and he's in no rush to sign:

TheHerd

Reaction score
I'd pay him the 250K per game starting at the 8th game of the year. He seems to break down about halfway into the season, so the odds are you would never have to pay a dime extra.
No objections here. I'm trying to come up with a deal Mo will take if Baltimore makes a legit offer.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I personally believe Carr knows he will be back here.
He's just waiting on Romo's money.

That dude is out doing community service here.

Escobar no longer lives here.

That tells you all you need to know, lol.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

We can't afford to eat 8m in cap hits this year but a deal in this framework was my suggestion before seeing he's getting offers of 5m per on a long term deal.
Given his body can't handle 16 NFL games it's in his agent's best interest to take the largest total guaranteed.
If his market really sucks maybe he does end up back here.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I personally believe Carr knows he will be back here.
He's just waiting on Romo's money.

That dude is out doing community service here.

Escobar no longer lives here.

That tells you all you need to know, lol.

At the start of FA, Carr seemed like a guy who had a number from Dallas he could live with, and was content to shop a bit. He's a dude whose priorities aren't all that related to his next contract. I'd be very happy if we could keep him another year or three on a reasonable veteran contract.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Welcome to the state of reporting of "news" these days. The consumer is now the proofreader and fact checker.

and the subsequent controversy/discussion over the error results in even more clicks to the article rendering virtually all incentive to be accurate/improve moot.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Load a contract with incentives. If he actually plays all 16 games, I'm happy to pay Mo 7 million, but we have to protect ourselves against his playing only 7 games.