Mo Clay to Baltimore?*** signs with Jets***merged

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Is it? Or perhaps quite the opposite? Let's get on the field first and a few games under the belt. Then we'll review our status.

Everyone talked **** last year which found us in the playoffs. No way a 4-12 team without Romo would even sniff 8-8. Didn't turn out too well for the naysayers.
I had a tweet from last year saying the Boys standing pat on the pass rush front in FA and wonders why they don't have a pass rush. We saw how that turned out. We've done the same thing again. Sorry but I don't like to count on rookies.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Not worried. This draft is loaded in the secondary.

There was a time when people wanted Carr and Mo gone. Now we're screwed without them? Cmon now :huh:
Yeah, can't have it both ways. All year most wanted them replaced and now they leave and it's a serious problem?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought they would have kept either Carr or Claiborne, but if these numbers are accurate, I'm again glad they didn't.

Just please don't anybody start trying to talk up Scandrick as an option now.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
As this develops, it seems to me like they're willing to let the young guys play and stock up on offseason capital for next season.
They are not pushing all in for sure

Slow and steady............next year we won't have as many FAs to lose and a ton of cap space and might make a big splash if needed on D

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
So I'm guessing we spend our 1st rounder on a CB.

Scandrick/Brown/Carroll/Rookie

Honestly, probably about the same quality of CBs we had last year once Claiborne went down.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Cowboys are putting themselves in a situation where not only do they have to draft some DBs now, they really can't miss on the picks. They have to be immediate impact type players.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
I kept saying after the last loss to GB in the playoffs we need to go HEAVY defense this next draft/FA.

I just never expected it to be in the secondary, that's all. I figured we'd go heavy DLine.

So this is fantastic news. We now need to rebuild the entire secondary AND the defensive line.

How awesome is that?

aria

Reaction score
No foubt in my mind we can get better talent in the draft but the likelihood of those players making an immediate impact is slim. By thevtime those players develop we'll be in this situation with another position. This sucks.

cej757

Reaction score
I knew it was a mistake trading up in that draft to take Mo. I really thought we were moving up for Fletcher Cox and when I heard it was for Claiborne. :facepalm:

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Looks like we'll get in on some young'uns ... rookies measuring off the charts, the stars have aligned in Big D!

erod

Reaction score
We are going to give up 800 yards a game next year.

Lol, wow.

Sydla

Reaction score
Still want Jabril Peppers for SS

And you have to get him in the first.

Then you have 5 picks left in the draft and you probably will have to use 2 on CBs.

I think the ideal situation was to bring Claiborne or Carr back. Carr got overpaid. I am curious to see what Claiborne got if this report is true.

The notion that Carroll slides in and fills the void left by Carr or Claiborne is laughable.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I kept saying after the last loss to GB in the playoffs we need to go HEAVY defense this next draft/FA.

I just never expected it to be in the secondary, that's all. I figured we'd go heavy DLine.

So this is fantastic news. We now need to rebuild the entire secondary AND the defensive line.

How awesome is that?

Have to rebuilt the defensive line? Other than SDE... Where?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
And you have to get him in the first.

Then you have 5 picks left in the draft and you probably will have to use 2 on CBs.

I think the ideal situation was to bring Claiborne or Carr back. Carr got overpaid. I am curious to see what Claiborne got if this report is true.

The notion that Carroll slides in and fills the void left by Carr or Claiborne is laughable.
I wanted Mo but it is what it is ....we lost a JAG and Mr Glass

Carroll is every bit as good as Carr........Mo is better but unreliable

Sydla

Reaction score
Have to rebuilt the defensive line? Other than SDE... Where?

You mean rush end?

We could use one new pass rushing end for sure and we could also use a legit 1 tech. I like Paea but he's a short term solution. Not sure if that's a rebuild but the DL needed help in this draft.

mugsybows

Reaction score
we about to do the 8-8 low draft rebuilds we did with our OL for our DL the next 3 years.