Mo Clay to Baltimore?*** signs with Jets***merged

CWR

Reaction score
So 3/4s of our starting defensive backfield is gone and to improve that area we signed Nolan Carroll.

Hahahahahaha.

Yeah people can trash our defense all theu want but our secondary WAS solid with little supporting pass rush. Although I like Heath and Anthony Brown, I am nowhere near confident in them yet. Plus we are paper thin back there now. I hope we sign a couple of up and coming players before the draft.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
It's funny when you think about it.

People are upset because the bad players they had been complaining about all last year and previous years are gone AND that upsets them. :laugh:

It really is at a point where people just want to be upset for the sake of being upset. :muttley:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
A lot of people in this thread are forgetting how capable our starting secondary was last season.

It was the Dline that was our weakness. Now we have a lot of holes. If the plan is to draft and to develop over the course of a couple seasons or more, fine, but all this glee at losing a lot of our starting D is misplaced, imo.

Everyone with the funny memes and "good he sucks, we'll be better" posts, I hope y'all are right.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It's funny when you think about it.

People are upset because the bad players they had been complaining about all last year and previous years are gone AND that upsets them. :laugh:

It really is at a point where people just want to be upset for the sake of being upset. :muttley:

Well, there's others that didn't think a lot of these players were "bad"

I'm not one to usually get upset, but it's upsetting that we didn't sign a single player from our D.

fishspill

Reaction score
All signs point to the team being in rebuilding mode, even if it's a quick rebuild folks should probably not strain themselves with hope for next year. You can give me the "you never know" "NFL is year to year" defenses and I'll just sit back and watch it play out with you. We can see what happens together.

8-8 is the best this thing will do, and if the team gets there it'll be the same curse of mediocrity it has been in the past.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm actually not in melt down mode over any of this. I feel like maybe some fresh faces in the defense could be a good thing. Our defense has overachieved the last few seasons and I think the coaching staff even knows that. Why pay guys tons of money when you know you can replace them?

I guess time will prove all!

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Ok Jerry.:rolleyes:

I'm sure having zero pass rush had nothing to do with the secondary struggling at times? No it was all on the DBs.

Now instead of focusing on improving the DL they have to divert needed resources to the secondary.

But it's ok follow the other lemmings right off the cliff.

So the answer is to give them $6million a year plus per season to put up zero picks? Brilliant

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
All signs point to the team being in rebuilding mode, even if it's a quick rebuild folks should probably not strain themselves with hope for next year. You can give me the "you never know" "NFL is year to year" defenses and I'll just sit back and watch it play out with you. We can see what happens together.

8-8 is the best this thing will do, and if the team gets there it'll be the same curse of mediocrity it has been in the past.

I'm sensing the same thing here. Total rebuild mode on defense. They didn't even try to keep our FA's. It's unquestionable we need more playmakers in the secondary, so maybe it's good long term strategy.

The D could be really ugly next season though, with rookies likely playing a big part. The pressure will be on Jones, Irving and Smith to develop into playmakers. And Scandrick will have to return to form because he's looked pretty bad since the injury.

noletime95

Reaction score
At the end of the day, Claiborne wasn't really on the field. Carroll replaces Carr. Is that the right call? I dunno, but it's the call the front office made.

I'm surprised they didn't retain one of the SS's, but both got overpaid.

Gameover

Reaction score
The guy missed a combined 21 games in the '14 and '16 seasons, the Cowboys won 15 of those games... How will we ever survive!!!!

I'll be glad when the season starts and all of this dread will be quickly put to bed!!!!!

12-4... book it

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy missed a combined 21 games in the '14 and '16 seasons, the Cowboys won 15 of those games... How will we ever survive!!!!

Be glad when the season starts and we can the dread to bed!!!!!

12-4... book it

Agreed:

Since 2012 (the first seasons of Claiborne & Carr... Church was on the team for a couple years before and Wilcox joined in in 2013), this is how the Dallas Cowboy pass defense ranked according to QB rating given up:

2016 24th
2015 20th
2014 18th
2013 27th
2012 29th

Yeah, these guys are going to be a big loss.