Mo Clay to Baltimore?*** signs with Jets***merged

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It was 4 players but only 1/2 our starters.......BJones and ABrown are back
in reality NFL teams mostly play nickel.

CB - Carr

CB - Mo --was replaced by ABrown due to injury for majority of the season
CB - OScan
FS - Jones
SS - Church

So we lost 3/5s of week 1 starting secondary and 2/5th of the playoff starting secondary.
Wilcox was Safety 3 and played maybe a hair more than Heath.

TODAY:
CB: ABrown
CB: NCarroll
CB: OSCan
FS: Jones
SS: Kavon Frazier

Obviously they'd like a SS and a CB in this draft class.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I just hope this doesn't force us to spend a lot of early picks on DB. I wanted to go for BPA and hopefully pick up some DL too.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I agree with the sentiment that we cannot dog our secondary during the season and whine when we let them walk. "That's classic rut thinking." This draft is deep with DB's. We need speed.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Front end, there was still chances to improve in that picture...now, and you say you don't understand?

Yea front end still needs attention... thing is theres no difference makers available. We got no choice but draft line players. Defense will take time to fix.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I still expect DE and CB to be our first two picks, in any order. I don't think we will pick up a second DE in this draft, (see Damontre Moore) but I do think we will pick up a second CB at some point. A safety and an OT.
I believe Paea and Thornton will man the 1-tech this year and next year can draft one if Paea does not work out - I think he will. We have plenty of depth at SDE but will need to be on our game in grabbing a WDE at either 28 or 60. Dlaw, Mayowa and Rookie. A late round running back for depth.
I also hoped one of the CB's would resign, but I'm not heart broken that they haven't. Like it or not, Green must now be penciled in as the defacto RT, with Looney and draft pick behind him, a little risky, but it is what it is - Green either takes this job or he's out the door next year.
Gonna put my trust in Will McClay, this year and he will really have to be up to the task.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our defense will be a joke next year if we don't draft an A+ in the secondary.

We can draft perfectly for the secondary, but it won't matter if nobody can rush opposing team's QBs. This defense is going to be terrible.

KDM256

Reaction score
Said back when the Jets cut him and I'll say it again this week. Bring in Revis on a 2 year deal and draft another cornerback next month.

Revis facing the likes of Wentz, Cousins, and Manning? I'll take that all day everyday

Sydla

Reaction score
Said back when the Jets cut him and I'll say it again this week. Bring in Revis on a 2 year deal and draft another cornerback next month.

Revis facing the likes of Wentz, Cousins, and Manning? I'll take that all day everyday

Revis was trash last year, wasn't he?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
We complain about the Play of Carr, Mo, Wilcox and Cry when they leave it is very confusing.
I've always liked them. People that complain don't know football. You put seattles DL with our secondary from last year and we're in the Super Bowl . This front office is ********. You CANT cover if you don't get pressure GGGGGRRRRRRR

CCBoy

Reaction score
We complain about the Play of Carr, Mo, Wilcox and Cry when they leave it is very confusing.

I'll explain it so that you can think very slowly now...the secondary in mass, has been removed and the team is about starting from scratch. Now, explain that in a way that gives a warm fuzzy...

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I'll explain it so that you can think very slowly now...the secondary in mass, has been removed and the team is about starting from scratch. Now, explain that in a way that gives a warm fuzzy...
Do you do that after going 13-3? :facepalm: