Mo Clay to Baltimore?*** signs with Jets***merged

Plankton

Reaction score
Said back when the Jets cut him and I'll say it again this week. Bring in Revis on a 2 year deal and draft another cornerback next month.

Revis facing the likes of Wentz, Cousins, and Manning? I'll take that all day everyday

Revis is not going to play for the numbers that his present level of play warrant. I also question how hard he wants to work to get himself into the kind of shape necessary to be a good player again.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Do you do that after going 13-3? :facepalm:
Take your personality 'thingie' and talk real football...now, explain away the secondary and needing great changes on the outside of the defensive line.

Didn't you get the bulletin memo that Sean Lee is getting older and Smith still is a black hole as to proven contributions...:popcorn:

kevm3

Reaction score
Anybody who thought our corners were the problem on our defense last year probably weren't watching the games nearly as close as they should have. Carr, Claiborne, etc., can only do so much when there's virtually no pass rush.

What's even worse is we let our secondary walk in a year when our division is stacked with wide receivers.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
We complain about the Play of Carr, Mo, Wilcox and Cry when they leave it is very confusing.

The secondary wasn't the problem. In fact they played pretty well under the circumstances.

And LOL at the comp pick excitement. Ohhh an extra 5th round pick! Whoopdie doo...

gmoney112

Reaction score
I've always liked them. People that complain don't know football. You put seattles DL with our secondary from last year and we're in the Super Bowl . This front office is ********. You CANT cover if you don't get pressure GGGGGRRRRRRR

Doubt it. Even with Seattle's DL Falcons still probably score 40 on us. Someone has to actually cover.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Relax people, our HOF GM has got this....he's still working on getting a conditional 7th rd pick for Romo....teams bombarding him with trade offers I'm sure is the delay....should have this wrapped up well before the season opener. You just can't keep a trading guru like Jerry idle for long.

kevm3

Reaction score
Our division has added Alshon Jeffrey, Brandon Marshall, and Terrelle Pryor. Have fun expecting rookies to keep those guys covered while our defensive line gets stonewalled play after play.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if we just let Romo walk for nothing to top it off.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Mind boggling that anyone who has followed this team the past 4 years is rueing the loss of Carr and Clai. How many big plays did they combine to contribute over that time? 2? 3? And stop, with this "they were solid corners" nonsense. There are tons of guys left in FA or the draft that can give you as much or more than those two and will likely be younger and cheaper. Balt and NYJ both overpaid for these two stiffs. Those two plus Free and Church all needed to go. I for one am thrilled to see them all of this roster

DMX690

Reaction score
Our division has added Alshon Jeffrey, Brandon Marshall, and Terrelle Pryor. Have fun expecting rookies to keep those guys covered while our defensive line gets stonewalled play after play.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if we just let Romo walk for nothing to top it off.

Question, when has Carr or Mo has every demonstrated the ability to cover the above WR you describe?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Mind boggling that anyone who has followed this team the past 4 years is rueing the loss of Carr and Clai. How many big plays did they combine to contribute over that time? 2? 3? And stop, with this "they were solid corners" nonsense. There are tons of guys left in FA or the draft that can give you as much or more than those two and will likely be younger and cheaper. Balt and NYJ both overpaid for these two stiffs. Those two plus Free and Church all needed to go. I for one am thrilled to see them all of this roster

Ok Jerry.:rolleyes:

I'm sure having zero pass rush had nothing to do with the secondary struggling at times? No it was all on the DBs.

Now instead of focusing on improving the DL they have to divert needed resources to the secondary.

But it's ok follow the other lemmings right off the cliff.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Question, when has Carr or Mo has every demonstrated the ability to cover the above WR you describe?

When have either one of them ever had a legitimate pass rush in front of them? The defense's struggles don't fall squarely on one unit.

kevm3

Reaction score

This past year when we went 13 and 3. They were nowhere near perfect, but given the fact that we have no pass rush, there is NO cb that is going to cover WRs all day. They did well enough to have people say this was our best defense in a long time. If you thought Claiborne and Carr were bad, you have only seen the beginning when we bring in rookies and dumpster free agents in to man those spots.

DMX690

Reaction score
This past year when we went 13 and 3. They were nowhere near perfect, but given the fact that we have no pass rush, there is NO cb that is going to cover WRs all day. They did well enough to have people say this was our best defense in a long time. If you thought Claiborne and Carr were bad, you have only seen the beginning when we bring in rookies and dumpster free agents in to man those spots.

U mean when they were playing in 2013?? Like that season, when they were part of the worse defense in the history of the NFL. What do these two players bring to the table that can't be easily replaced?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

and lost Desean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Victor Cruz ...all small speedy guys