Monday night is the season for us

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
If they win still 11 games to go
If they lose still 11 games to go.

3-3 does not eliminate us from the playoffs. Even though all the Debbie downers will say it is over.

In 1990 the were 3-7. Won 4 straight. 1 win make the playoffs. Aikman gets hurt in the Eagles game, and they lose. Babe Laufenburg could not lead the team to a win against a horrible Falcons team.
They could still make the playoffs with a Saints loss. They are losing to the Rams, Saints go to kick a FG. Misses, Rams win, cowboys in the playoffs. But no, an offsides on the Rams, next kick is good. Saints in the playoffs, Rams are out.

The thing is, we would have played the Bears, and we would have had Aikman back. Bears was hurting as well. That would have been a winnable game.

So any team at 3-7, I never count out, until mathematically eliminated.
Yes, a much different team than the 90's. Remember though, many fans and media was not all in on Aikman at the time.
There were still people in the summer of 92 that wanted Beuerlein to start.

garyo1954

Reaction score
WRONG

We all know what the biggest problem is. But the man at the top will not make that change.
But with bringing in Lance, maybe he has started to see it.
I think he saw it last year. And that's why he wanted Big Mac calling plays. He saw Dak's picks. He wanted to run more to take the ball out of his hands and cut down on turnovers. He has to know what we all see.

nobody

Reaction score
I feel like we will see exactly who or what this team is on Monday Night.

If they lose this game, I will have very little hope of them making the playoffs, let alone a run.
We ultimately saw what they were and how'd they'd play in the playoffs during this past niners game.

75boyz

Reaction score
If they win still 11 games to go
If they lose still 11 games to go.

3-3 does not eliminate us from the playoffs. Even though all the Debbie downers will say it is over.

In 1990 the were 3-7. Won 4 straight. 1 win make the playoffs. Aikman gets hurt in the Eagles game, and they lose. Babe Laufenburg could not lead the team to a win against a horrible Falcons team.
They could still make the playoffs with a Saints loss. They are losing to the Rams, Saints go to kick a FG. Misses, Rams win, cowboys in the playoffs. But no, an offsides on the Rams, next kick is good. Saints in the playoffs, Rams are out.

The thing is, we would have played the Bears, and we would have had Aikman back. Bears was hurting as well. That would have been a winnable game.

So any team at 3-7, I never count out, until mathematically eliminated.
Yes, a much different team than the 90's. Remember though, many fans and media was not all in on Aikman at the time.
Making the playoffs is not the goal.
The whole make the playoffs and see what happens is played out with this team.

Making a deep post season run is the goal.
You hafta ask yourself this question and be honest about it:
Do the Cowboys possess both the coaching and quarterbacking to win 3 to 4 consecutive playoff games?

It's a pretty easy answer with both this QB and this HC.

"Just" making the playoffs accomplishes nothing but adds more false hope to the decisionmakers that this team is close. They're not without a better HC and QB.

A new QB AND HC is needed.
Just making the playoffs keeps those 2 at their jobs.

Change is needed.
No matter how it needs to be accomplished.

jmo

Mannix

Reaction score
The season is already done, because the division has already been lost...Dak couldn't win three (3) straight playoff games against DIII competition. There is absolutely ZERO to get excited about, other than the excitement of a new HC and QB.

Zman5

Reaction score
Did you notice Pappy only posts videos from Fox sports?

I think he's Skip Bayless in disguise.

Desperado

Reaction score
And here's why this game is a must WIN.............
I thought last week was the must win game... read it right here on CZ.

bugs-bunny-cross-the-line.gif

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Do the Cowboys possess both the coaching and quarterbacking to win 3 to 4 consecutive playoff games?

"Just" making the playoffs accomplishes nothing but adds more false hope to the decisionmakers that this team is close. They're not without a better HC and QB.

Change is needed.

jmo
Obviously the goal is to go further in the playoffs. No one is happy with just making the playoffs.
As I said, make the playoffs and anything can happen from there.
That is what the goal is every year regardless of the HC or QB

Yes changed are needed, but that does not mean I need to root for losses to accomplish that.

75boyz

Reaction score
Obviously the goal is to go further in the playoffs. No one is happy with just making the playoffs.
As I said, make the playoffs and anything can happen from there.
That is what the goal is every year regardless of the HC or QB

Yes changed are needed, but that does not mean I need to root for losses to accomplish that.
I'm not a prophet or Nostradamus.
I know this team and I believe you do as well.
To make the playoffs this year and go home in the division round is more than a high probability. But more like VERY likely.

I'll stick with my opinion on change being needed at the 2 most vital positions (besides GM) and you go with the hope that things turn out different this year.
I really do think you know the outcome but it's all good man.

I know your whole positivity angle and all. But I know you know reality as well.
But ultimately, no worries man, I can still respect your opinion.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If the SF game wasn't the season, a non-divisional game can't possibly fit that mold. They can play out the string and hope to sneak into a WC spot with Jerry speaking ad nauseum about how the 2007 Giants went all the way as a WC.

leeblair

Reaction score
And here's why this game is a must WIN................

The last 6 games are Hawks, Eagles, Bills, Phins, Lions, D.C.

It's more than that, I think.
I think the future of this entire current roster is at stake, as well as Jerry's reputation.
Lose, and Jerry's words will be worthless to the fans he's trying to sell his product to.

Brax

Reaction score

Change is needed.

jmo
But Jerry says make the dance and anything can happen. He’s just looking for any attention to keep the Cowboys relevant winning is getting to the playoffs for Jerry.

75boyz

Reaction score
But Jerry says make the dance and anything can happen. He’s just looking for any attention to keep the Cowboys relevant winning is getting to the playoffs for Jerry.
So true man.
Relevance, aka "just" making the playoffs, equals Forbes trophies.
Jerry's true measure of success.

Actual championship level contention is merely an after thought.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
And here's why this game is a must WIN................

The last 6 games are Hawks, Eagles, Bills, Phins, Lions, D.C.

We're probably going to see good Dak on Monday night. I don't think San Diego is that good.

75boyz

Reaction score
We're probably going to see good Dak on Monday night. I don't think San Diego is that good.
Call me crazy but I don't think their pass dee is good either. Not just because of the stats.
Its like they haven't gelled as a unit yet or something.
So I'm thinking Daks dink and dunk attack might even score points.
And I mean they've got little Bosa, Khalil Mack and Derwin James but their pass dee is way under achieving to me.

I guess we'll see.
Now watch them come out and look like the second coming of the 49ers dee come Monday night.
That would be just our luck.