More bad news from Mosley

Boysboy

Reaction score
Vintage;2367408 said:
Timmons is playing in sub-packages behind Foote and Farrior. And he's been more impressive to date than Carpenter.

Well if Parcells was this big hero who turned around our organization 360 degrees, then why is he getting a pass on drafting Carpenter?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Boysboy;2367414 said:
Well if Parcells was this big hero who turned around our organization 360 degrees, then why is he getting a pass on drafting Carpenter?

If he turned it around 360 degrees, we'd be in the same position as we started...

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Boysboy;2367414 said:
He's not nor should he. But I liked the drafts a hell of alot better between 03-06 than when Dumb(Jerry) and dumber (Lacewell) were calling the shots between 94-02.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Boysboy;2367410 said:
Coulda, woulda, shoulda.......................

With all the flack Wade and our coaching staff are getting, would getting 2 Woodleys and 2 Timmons even have made a difference?

Woodley and Ware off the edges?

I'd like my chances.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Vintage;2367418 said:
If he turned it around 360 degrees, we'd be in the same position as we started...

OK-I meant 180 degrees, my bad. LOL

With that being said, why is Jerry all of a sudden getting so much flack, when in fact, Bill drafted Carp?

Boysboy

Reaction score
parcells316;2367422 said:
He's not nor should he. But I liked the drafts a hell of alot better between 03-06 thanb when Jerry and that doofus Lacewell were calling the shots between 94-02.

I LOVED the 2005 draft...that had to be one of my ALL-time favorites. All of those picks have contributed, most of them in a big way.

It was the '04 and '06 drafts that really still make me cringe. Only 1, maybe 2 of those players in both drafts combined have made contributions.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Vintage;2367423 said:
Woodley and Ware off the edges?

I'd like my chances.

I know-I'm not saying I disagree with you. But my pt was that Wade/Brian are largely getting so much flack for not playing aggressively enough, playing too many soft zones, etc, etc...if that's the case, then using this logic, Woodley and Timmons would probably be useless in our D. *shrugs*

BTW-what do you think of Pitt missing badly on Mendenhall and Sweed in the 1st and 2nd rounds of this year's draft? Yeah-I know it's the offense side of the ball, but still...their offense could take a hit for a couple of years with these bad picks.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Boysboy;2367443 said:
I know-I'm not saying I disagree with you. But my pt was that Wade/Brian are largely getting so much flack for not playing aggressively enough, playing too many soft zones, etc, etc...if that's the case, then using this logic, Woodley and Timmons would probably be useless in our D. *shrugs*

BTW-what do you think of Pitt missing badly on Mendenhall and Sweed in the 1st and 2nd rounds of this year's draft? Yeah-I know it's the offense side of the ball, but still...their offense could take a hit for a couple of years with these bad picks.
I don't think they'll be set back at all when they have Ben, Parker, Holmes, and Heath Miller in their primes. Plus Ward is still playing at a high level. They need to draft some lineman but they liked Mendenhall before he got hurt and most receivers take time to develop so they haven't written off Sweed in the least.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2366504 said:
GO JERRY, YOU RULE!!!!

Kidding! Not good news, but not terribly suprising considering that Wade is just a more qualified Dave Campo.
When I saw them standing side by side on the sideline Sunday I couldn't help but think of Big Enos and Little Enos Burdette.

Boysboy

Reaction score
parcells316;2367458 said:
I don't think they'll be set back at all when they have Ben, Parker, Holmes, and Heath Miller in their primes. Plus Ward is still playing at a high level. They need to draft some lineman but they liked Mendenhall before he got hurt and most receivers take time to develop so they haven't written off Sweed in the least.

Like I said in another thread...WOW-the upside of losing is that it's made this board become alot more active, giving me personally MORE opportunities to post. Must have made some 1500 posts since the Cards game.

But anyhow-my whole point was that the BIG downside of losing is that we fans start to get WAY off track. We make one thread how Wade/Brian are complete idiots for misutilizing the talent. We then make another thread how Jerry's meddling self has created a circus. Now we're saying how we screwed up by not drafting Woodley and Timmons?

Really-if Jerry created a circus at Valley Ranch, then what use would Woodley and Timmons be here? If Wade/Brian are complete idiots, then what does this have to got to do with Jerry and his meddling? And for that matter, if Wade is an idiot, then how can he utilize these 2 guys in the first place?

Pt being that we can't have it every which way we want. It's either one of these big elements, or none.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Boysboy;2367469 said:
Like I said in another thread...WOW-the upside of losing is that it's made this board become alot more active, giving me personally MORE opportunities to post. Must have made some 1500 posts since the Cards game.

But anyhow-my whole point was that the BIG downside of losing is that we fans start to get WAY off track. We make one thread how Wade/Brian are complete idiots for misutilizing the talent. We then make another thread how Jerry's meddling self has created a circus. Now we're saying how we screwed up by not drafting Woodley and Timmons?

Really-if Jerry created a circus at Valley Ranch, then what use would Woodley and Timmons be here? If Wade/Brian are complete idiots, then what does this have to got to do with Jerry and his meddling? And for that matter, if Wade is an idiot, then how can he utilize these 2 guys in the first place?

Pt being that we can't have it every which way we want. It's either one of these big elements, or none.
I guess I was just trying to make the point that Jerry's the idiot. The last 12 years have proven that.

Boysboy

Reaction score
parcells316;2367474 said:
I guess I was just trying to make the point that Jerry's the idiot. The last 12 years have proven that.

Like I said-the only other teams not to have a playoff win during this time span are the Chiefs and Lions, whom noone gives 2 *****'s about. The Skins and Saints, OTOH, have 2 playoff wins apiece during this time span.

We're the laughing stock of the league now. It sucks, but we're paying the price. So no excuses.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Boysboy;2367489 said:
Like I said-the only other teams not to have a playoff win during this time span are the Chiefs and Lions, whom noone gives 2 *****'s about. The Skins and Saints, OTOH, have 2 playoff wins apiece during this time span.

We're the laughing stock of the league now. It sucks, but we're paying the price. So no excuses.

No kidding. '96 was the last time we won a playoff game. I was 8 when it happened. Most of my life has been cheering for a team that has been a good laughingstock. Oh well. So it goes.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Vintage;2367501 said:
No kidding. '96 was the last time we won a playoff game. I was 8 when it happened. Most of my life has been cheering for a team that has been a good laughingstock. Oh well. So it goes.

Having lived in New Orleans for a number of years, you talk about a REAL laughing stock team in the Saints. I mean regardless of their coach and personnel, they would find at least 100K ways to lose a game. For example, the way we lost to the Cards was one of these 100K ways the Saints would lose games.

But the big difference is, like I eluded to above, noone cares about the Saints, despite all those laughable highlight films they've shown over the years. We're the Dallas Cowboys, that's set the bar to a VERY high standard from day 1.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Wow. LOL at my math fail.

I was 10 in '96. Am I really that drunk?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theebs;2366739 said:
LOL.

The reason romo signed here was because our qb situation was horrendous. Everyone is always looking to give credit to different people for romo. But the simple fact is he knew the qb's here were terrible and the quickest path to the playing field was in Dallas.

Sure he probably had a leg up with payton, but he did in denver too where they offered him more money.

And one of the main reasons he is so good is because he wasnt rushed and he was surrounded with good coaches and veteran players.

Ya think Jerry and larry wouldnt have cut him in camp in 03 or 04 had it not been for bill/payton/lee? I sure do. Jerry chases rainbows and pots of gold all the time.

Drew Henson ring a bell?

That's a money post right there. If no one wants to credit Parcells with any thing you have to at the very least give him top props for grooming Romo.

With out Parcells some wino druggie would be struggling to be Jerry gleam in his eye.

Of course I admittedly give Parcells a ton of credit for building a blue collar team that Jerry screwed up with High media types and Phillips can't coach.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2367564 said:
That's a money post right there. If no one wants to credit Parcells with any thing you have to at the very least give him top props for grooming Romo.

With out Parcells some wino druggie would be struggling to be Jerry gleam in his eye.

Of course I admittedly give Parcells a ton of credit for building a blue collar team that Jerry screwed up with High media types and Phillips can't coach.

But why are we giving Parcells TOO much credit?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I started out trying to read all the posts on this thread, I really did ... that said, if I'm being repetitive then you will all just have to live with it.

First of all, I am surprised that any of you are shocked that players went to Jerry with their concerns. One, while it may be unprofessional, this sort of behavior goes on in every company, everywhere. Two, if Wade is doing his job, then Jerry has no call to place any weight on these unprofessional subordinates' complaints and he can send them back to talk to Wade/Stewart. The fact of the matter is that Wade is responsible for 4 weeks of declining returns, unforgiveable in the real world. You can't have money pouring out of the company for that long w/out the boss stepping in and doing something. That's what any president/ceo/company owner would do, step in and fix it before it gets worse.

And the upside? Newman can now go into Jerry's office tomorrow and tell him that the corners need to press/play bump and run more_Ellis and Ware rushing the passer, corners no longer giving 20 yard cushions, and if the rest of the D can just tackle worth a darn, the D is fixed, right???

The real question is, what can Keith Davis say to Jerry to fix the frikkin ST????