More bad news from Mosley

utrunner07

Reaction score
CoCo;2367001 said:
Exaggeration. We've won 3 SB's with him as owner.

Doesn't make him perfect. Far from it. But also doesn't preclude our chances of winning SB's going forward because there is already a proven SB winning formula which included Jerry.

That was a VERY different Jerry.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
CoCo;2367001 said:
Exaggeration. We've won 3 SB's with him as owner.

Doesn't make him perfect. Far from it. But also doesn't preclude our chances of winning SB's going forward because there is already a proven SB winning formula which included Jerry.

As owner with teams Jimmy was mostly responsible for coaching and building, yes.

Unfortunately, Jerry hasn't followed that formula since Jimmy left, hence our 12 year playoff win drought.

So the exaggeration would be acting like the way Jerry is running things is what led to three SB trophies.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
boyzjunkie;2366786 said:
If Jerry knew football he would never countenance players bypassing ANY head coach to speak directly with him. Sorry ninja. It's a fact.
:welcome: to the CowboysZone!!!!!

CoCo

Reaction score
Rampage;2367005 said:
what has he done since Jimmy's team?

Answer: Lots and lots of mistakes through 2002.

Then he was part of a turnaround under Parcells culminating with last years 13-3.

But that wasn't the question. The question was does this team have a fighting chance to build a SB team as long as Jerry is here. And since its already been done, times 3, you have your answer.

Not trying to defend Jerry. Just separating truth from exaggeration. :)

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
utrunner07;2367008 said:
That was a VERY different Jerry.

So true. Those first few years he said himself that he was largely occupied with getting the teams financial situation turned around.

Jimmy was totally in control of our drafts in those days and was 100% in control of his coaching staff. BP has been the only coach since that has had anywhere near that amount of control.

With Wade, Jerry's back to doing things the way he did after Jimmy left and before BP got here. The man never learns.

CoCo

Reaction score
Bach;2367010 said:
As owner with teams Jimmy was mostly responsible for coaching and building, yes.

Unfortunately, Jerry hasn't followed that formula since Jimmy left, hence our 12 year playoff win drought.

So the exaggeration would be acting like the way Jerry is running things is what led to three SB trophies.

Have it your way. Believe there is truly no hope. Matters not to me. :)

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
CoCo;2367019 said:
Have it your way. Believe there is truly no hope. Matters not to me. :)

Trust me, it's not my way. It's Jerry's way. I thought he had changed when he brought BP here. But when BP left, it was obvious that Jerry was more than happy to have him gone so he could go back to doing it "his" way. Even though "his" way had led to the 3 consecutive 5-11 seasons. It's really unbelievable the ego he has.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2366485 said:
Ok, I say this with a small caveat... There's a 10% chance he was just being a smart***, but I'm almost positive he was serious about this:

He said Ellis basically thought he wasn't being rushed enough, and went to Jerry with his complaint. Tank did the same thing.

He says that Jerry basically went to Wade and asked him to change this, and also take over the playcalling from Stewart.

Mosley says that internally, this team looks even worse than it does from the outside.

Coach Jerry has to go, or we're headed back to 5-11. He just has to go. :banghead:

(I'll wait for the "Go Jerry, you rule!" comments, though.)

Wouldnt surprise me one bit if it did go down like this. Wade did say in his presser he was going to rush Ware and Ellis more instead of having them dropping back. Im still trying to figure out why Ellis was ever dropping back into coverage he is too slow. Talk about trying to put square pegs into round holes.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
3-4 always drop the OLB some to confuse and cause QB issues if he starts quick reads/throws feeling blitz. See Ellis interception.

Players going to Owners is bad news all the way around.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
dbair1967;2366980 said:
Adams has been playing LT for a long time and was not drafted by Parcells

Columbo and Proctor are the two worst OL we have playing right now
I don't know. Flozell and Gurode are giving those 2 a run for their money.

mopardriver

Reaction score
It has always been Jerry's way since Jimmy left. When BP came Jerry went to the side more but BP didn't want anything to do with TO and I guarantee that is why BP left. But good ole Jerry could care less who leaves so he can take the credit for the team.This time around its not paying off the way it did after Jimmy.:mad:

Boysboy

Reaction score
mopardriver;2367161 said:
It has always been Jerry's way since Jimmy left. When BP came Jerry went to the side more but BP didn't want anything to do with TO and I guarantee that is why BP left. But good ole Jerry could care less who leaves so he can take the credit for the team.This time around its not paying off the way it did after Jimmy.:mad:

WRONG! Bill agreed to TO just as much as Jerry did. If you want, I can post links to prove it.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2366798 said:
If you saw Hard Knocks, Spencer was most likely going to start this year. They said he was virtually unblockable and was having one of the best camps of anyone. He just got hurt.

But it does seem even more sad for Jerry to act on the words of two basically backup players, doesn't it?

And Cowboyed, maybe you haven't read many of my posts on Jerry, but I had been defending Jerry. I thought he'd learned something in the last several years. He hired Wade over an old crony in Norv. He had a couple of pretty good drafts. He seemed like he was staying out of the way.

But I think undermining your head coach is an incredibly stupid thing to do, even if it does produce some temporary wins. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise.

Exactly. Good points on all fronts. The former coach of a Super Bowl champion team from Pittsburgh would check Jerry Jones at the front door. Evidently, Jerry needs to be checked. "The Chin" will not take this job if Jerry Jones steps out of bounds, and Jerry has to think about "Jerry World". If this is true, Phillips truely is a lame duck, and the players will not respect his authority.

Cowher checks Jerry.... Cowher checks Garrett.... Garrett checks Romo

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
khiladi,

I'm glad you noticed, too. It is funny that he forgot about his interception. Sure, Ellis has been in coverage some. He did a good job of chucking Winslow at the line in Cleveland, and that was a good strategy.

The guy has rushed enough times to get more than 2 sacks. I'll tell you that much. He is invisible on the pass rush.

I can't wait for his butt to get booted out the door. He's a selfish player and a cry baby.

I'll tell you something else. # 93 can and will cover and give you pass rush when he gets his opportunity and takes over his job. That day can't come soon enough.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
41gy#;2367214 said:
khiladi,

I'm glad you noticed, too. It is funny that he forgot about his interception. Sure, Ellis has been in coverage some. He did a good job of chucking Winslow at the line in Cleveland, and that was a good strategy.

The guy has rushed enough times to get more than 2 sacks. I'll tell you that much. He is invisible on the pass rush.

I can't wait for his butt to get booted out the door. He's a selfish player and a cry baby.

I'll tell you something else. # 93 can and will cover and give you pass rush when he gets his opportunity and takes over his job. That day can't come soon enough.
#93? She would have to get healthy first.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
parcells316;2367221 said:
#93? She would have to get healthy first.

It would help if the coaches had enough common sense to take him off kick coverage after coming off a knee scope. Perhaps, he wouldn't have hurt the hamstring.

Spencer played well last year. Phillips didn't play him enough. He even admitted it.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Boysboy;2367226 said:
Why does this lie keep getting repeated?
Maybe becuse I'm tired of watching Lamarr Woodley, drafted 20 spots lower, wreak havoc on the league while this guy doesn't show up for his rehab when he's injured.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
parcells316;2367233 said:
Maybe becuse I'm tired of watching Lamarr Woodley, drafted 20 spots lower, wreak havoc on the league while this guy doesn't show up for his rehab when he's injured.

Not to worry. Spencer was apparently tearing it up on Hard Knocks. Once he's back.....