More bad news from Mosley

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Cowboy fans have to blame everything on the coaching, or this player or that player, or a scheme change ... because the reality is too depressing to confront. Because Jerry is never going to change and he's never going to sell. So we just have to convince ourselves every offseason that "Oh, if we just changed coaches, everything will be okay". "Oh, if we just changed around this X's and O's strategy, everything will work itself out". "Oh, we just need a new safety. Or a new 2nd TE. Or a right guard. I think our middle linebacker singlehandedly held the entire franchise back last year .. that bum!! It's all his fault".

It will be mildly funny if Parcells rebuilds the Dolphins and wins a playoff game in Miami before Jerry wins one in Dallas.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2366695 said:
Cowboy fans have to blame everything on the coaching, or this player or that player, or a scheme change ... because the reality is too depressing to confront. Because Jerry is never going to change and he's never going to sell. So we just have to convince ourselves every offseason that "Oh, if we just changed coaches, everything will be okay". "Oh, if we just changed around this X's and O's strategy, everything will work itself out". "Oh, we just need a new safety. Or a new 2nd TE. Or a right guard. I think our middle linebacker singlehandedly held the entire franchise back last year .. that bum!! It's all his fault".

It will be mildly funny if Parcells rebuilds the Dolphins and wins a playoff game in Miami before Jerry wins one in Dallas.
Right. Jerry won't change, therefore the playoff drought won't change.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
dbair1967;2366537 said:
come on dude...use your own eyes for stuff like this.

IF Ellis and Johnson did complain, they almost assuredly went to Wade and Stewart first, and niether apparently did anything about it. Ellis SHOULD be rushing the QB most of the time, as should Ware. If WP and dumbarse Stewart cant figure it out on their own, then Jones should tell thm.

All the hate on Jerry stuff gets old, anyone can plainly see this is a poorly coached team.
Most of that is true, but you can't have players tattling to the owner, and the owner forcing the coach to make changes. That's exactly what we had in the late 90s.

That's worse than the horrible coaching was to begin with.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Doesn't the fact that Larry Lacewell has an office back at Valley Ranch and attends pre-draft meetings pretty much say it all?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2366703 said:
Doesn't the fact that Larry Lacewell has an office back at Valley Ranch and attends pre-draft meetings pretty much say it all?

What do you think of this draft class, thus far?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jerry aint the reason this team is 0-2 in the last 2 playoff performances.

Boysboy

Reaction score
parcells316;2366698 said:
Right. Jerry won't change, therefore the playoff drought won't change.

The only other teams not to win playoff games in over a decade are the Lions and Chiefs(2 teams noone gives 2 *****'s about). While teams like the Foreskins and Aints have been able to win 2 since the turn of the century.

No wonder why we're the laughing stock among the league and fans.:(

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2366695 said:

Dude, dont joke about that.

there is a distinct possibility of that happening. If they get a qb It wouldnt suprise me at all. I said in a thread before the season that the dolphins will be on primetime a couple of times by next year and will be a model franchise and a team on the rise.

I never thought they could be better than us in 09, but now it wouldnt suprise me at all.

I am terrified of Jerry Jones having full control of this thing with that stadium opening up. Who knows what he will do. By march he will be bursting with rays of sunshine to blow up everyones behind and speak of what is going to be fixed...just like you are saying.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2366695 said:

Regrettably, that's probably true.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2366485 said:
Ok, I say this with a small caveat... There's a 10% chance he was just being a smart***, but I'm almost positive he was serious about this:

He said Ellis basically thought he wasn't being rushed enough, and went to Jerry with his complaint. Tank did the same thing.

He says that Jerry basically went to Wade and asked him to change this, and also take over the playcalling from Stewart.

If this is true, its over folks...pack up the show, turn off the lights, head for the hills, this team is done.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Vintage;2366704 said:
What do you think of this draft class, thus far?

Looks incomplete. Felix Jones is really the only guy who's been impressive in game situations, and he's barely touched the ball.

I don't cream my pants over a bunch of optimistic projections after one year over how we hope a class turns out to be under a best case scenerio. Just like last year everyone was calling it a great rookie draft class, and now it's looking decidedly not so great.

Boysboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2366713 said:
Looks incomplete. I don't cream my pants over a bunch of optimistic projections over one year over how we hope a class turns out to be. Just like last year everyone was calling it a great rookie draft class, and now it's looking decidedly not so great.

What do you think of Tuna's '04 and '06 draft classes?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
If this is true and Mosley is pretty good about his Dallas sources, I want Ellis and Tank Johnson out of here. Ellis isn't doing anything but not getting pressure, sacks, hits. ect... He let the Rams' patch work offensive line truck his side last week. They ran at him all day long. Where was he?

Greg Ellis has 2 sacks this year. He's complaining once again. This time he may have run to the owner/GM to voice the fact that baby Gregg isn't getting his way with the coach. I guess it is Phillips' fault he looks old. This guy is no leader, and his cry baby attitude in regards to Spencer getting more snaps in camp showed his true selfish colors. The guy seems like a mole, too. He sure does like leaking stuff to the media. How many times does Ed Wherter quote this guy? Ellis probably told Mosley himself.

I wish I could count how many times that I have seen Greg Ellis rush and get stoned this year, because it would make "the Count" laugh... ah.. ah. ah... (see lightening bolts flash)

If Dallas does get a new coach next year, I want Bill Cowher. Cowher would never be in this situation, because "the situation" would never be allowed to get started. There would be no doubt who is in charge of the team. He has a Super Bowl ring, and he will get rid of the cry babbies on this team who have no clue how to get one.

If I was the head coach, the first thing I would do is cut these two players if that is true. I would cut Ellis no matter what.

Finally, if this is true, Wade Phillips needs to take control of this team. I would start Anthony Spencer the first chance I got, and I would cut Ellis' playing time. Tank would see some pine.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2366713 said:
Looks incomplete. Felix Jones is really the only guy who's been impressive in game situations, and he's barely touched the ball.

I don't cream my pants over a bunch of optimistic projections after one year over how we hope a class turns out to be under a best case scenerio. Just like last year everyone was calling it a great rookie draft class, and now it's looking decidedly not so great.
Last year's class doesn't look great given the fact they could have taken Lamarr Woodley instead of Spencer. Spencer looks like Mr. August. Maybe she will get healthy.

Boysboy

Reaction score
parcells316;2366718 said:
Last year's class doesn't look great given the fact they could have taken Lamarr Woodley instead of Spencer. Spencer looks like Mr. August. Maybe she will get healthy.

1) Spencer was very good last year

2) He's not injury-prone. Wasn't last year, but just had some back luck this year. So does that make Flo injury-prone just b/c he happened to miss most of that '05 season with a knee injury, despite starting every other game in his career?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Boysboy;2366716 said:
What do you think of Tuna's '04 and '06 draft classes?

I think I'll take 2 years of unimpressive drafts (combined with one great one) in a three year span any day over Jerry and Larry's draft record in 9 years. Parcells found more players in Day 2 of the draft in one year than The Jerry and Larry Show found in 9 years combined.

Boysboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2366721 said:
I think I'll take 2 years of unimpressive drafts (combined with one great one) in a three year span any day over Jerry and Larry's draft record in 9 years. Parcells found more players in Day 2 of the draft in one year than The Jerry and Larry Show found in 9 years combined.

Aside from Jay Ratliffe and MB3, he hasn't been very good either.

Not defending Jerry, but Tuna hasn't been any better.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
This is interesting. It's almost like the press is telling us new information. Player goes behind back of coach to ask JJ for things. I think I heard this ten years ago too, and there was about as much proof concerning this as there is today. Hurray for seven page threads based on the word of a press member without a shred of evidence.