More fun to watch Dez or Cooper?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dez only because he had the ability to catch anything and/or make that amazing catch. I trust Cooper more to run a precise route but there is a decent chance that he drops it :muttley:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Dez in the redzone and its not even close...

But Cooper gets him on the rest of the field. He's too good at breaking ankles and has more speed.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I love both WR’s and I think they are both great with very different styles of play. It’s honestly super close for me, curious to see what y’all think

More fun to watch, 88 or 19?

Both 100% healthy and at their prime (Cooper's not at his prime yet)? Cooper, for sure. He can run every route, can't be single covered by anyone in the league, and doesn't seem to be bothered if other players get significant touches.

Still, I loved having Dez on the team.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
i would vote Dez Bryant - because not only did I watch and enjoy him as a receiver, but Dez was also a prolific punt returner coming into the NFL and had his moments there until they decided it was too risky especially given his wreckless style.

- Dez could overpower and overwhelm his man with his size, strength and physical nature

- And he also possess terrific eye hand body control and ball skills when out-jumping CBs at it’s high point of the thrown ball in the red zone – Depending upon the skill of the QB that throws the more catchable ball
Dez would come up with the more impressive contouring catches when it comes down to physically contested catches with defenders hanging all over him – he had a notch over Cooper in that area.
He was never a blazer but he was field fast, competitive play speed and was a terrific runner after the catch.

- Plus I got to admit that I got a kick out of Dez and his swaggering woofing down his opponents with fire and passion, whether pre-game or during the game, you could not verbally intimidate him out of his game - when he was in his prime and at the top of his game.

- The only thing that I ever saw was when it came to the more elite man coverage CBs, he had a more difficult time of separating because he depended so much on his physical style and upper body strength and never sought to perfect and sell his route running, that those elite coverage CBs never had to worry about anything more than a couple of moves ,..and that was it.
If they could match up “ physically” with Dez per strength, they could better compete and neutralize him.

- Amari Cooper is like watching a 6-1 version of Cole Beasley playing on the outside when it comes to art of pure route running.
He has electric feet, hips , stop-restart change of direction on a dime, explosive cutting in and out of breaks, his repertoire of moves can simply freeze and confuse CBs.
Plus Cooper has it in his ability to catch a slant and take it the distance as well as over the top of defense ability,

- But just the opposite of Dez, ...Amari seems to bothered by physical jam pressing CBs more, than in-prime Dez.

- We'll get to measure Cooper vs the elite press CBs –(such as Saints Lattimore in Saints game) and he’ll face the likes of Pats Stephen Gilmore, Rams Jalen Ramsey, Lions Darius Slay and Bears Kyle Fuller in the coming weeks

- Both WRs have had issues with drops and injuries at one point or another.
Dez was a raw physical specimen that just dominated everyone with his size, power and speed. He wasnt the fastest but he could take the top off in his prime years. But he never developed, whether it was work ethic or his body just broke down on him. I tend to lean towards his injuries.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Always wanted someone like Cooper opposite Dez. That would have been nice, (and expensive).

Would have been fun to watch. No more redzone issues for sure.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
That's your opinion. I'm not the reason dez is unemployed. Can all the gm's be wrong?
You have to apply for a job, to be turned down for a job. I don't believe Dez has tried to try out for a team since NO.
Dez and Romo most entertaining combo, Dez and Dak didn't fit. Amari and Dak good combo.

cern

Reaction score
You have to apply for a job, to be turned down for a job. I don't believe Dez has tried to try out for a team since NO.
Dez and Romo most entertaining combo, Dez and Dak didn't fit. Amari and Dak good combo.
Despite his tandem loads of baggage, teams went after Antonio brown. First the raiders and then the Pat's. Same for Josh gordon. Teams are always in need of good wr's. But no one's calling dez. Injuries ended his career.

rags747

Reaction score
Amari is the better receiver and more QB friendly as he knows how to run the entire route tree with precision.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Amari is the better receiver and more QB friendly as he knows how to run the entire route tree with precision.
QB friendly, what is that? He stopped being QB friendly his last year in Oakland ? Naw, it had more to do with chemistry and the trust the QB has in his own and in the WR's abilities. Example Romo had confidence Dez would win certain match ups if he put the ball in the right place, Dak didn't have that confidence in Dez, or more likely himself to use Dez like that. Now Cooper is evidently a better fit for Dak but if Cooper never left Oakland what kind of reciever would he be regarded as.

blueblood70

Reaction score
QB friendly, what is that? He stopped being QB friendly his last year in Oakland ? Naw, it had more to do with chemistry and the trust the QB has in his own and in the WR's abilities. Example Romo had confidence Dez would win certain match ups if he put the ball in the right place, Dak didn't have that confidence in Dez, or more likely himself to use Dez like that. Now Cooper is evidently a better fit for Dak but if Cooper never left Oakland what kind of reciever would he be regarded as.
coop 2 time PB with Oakland.? he was having an off half a year, doesnt mean the next season with Carr he wouldn't have found his way back...we dont know this but coming out of college highly regarded, 2 pro bowls , im betting hed be fine even in Oakland..

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
coop 2 time PB with Oakland.? he was having an off half a year, doesnt mean the next season with Carr he wouldn't have found his way back...we dont know this but coming out of college highly regarded, 2 pro bowls , im betting hed be fine even in Oakland..
Actually it was the last season and a half that he fell off in Oakland.