More fun to watch Dez or Cooper?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I love both WR’s and I think they are both great with very different styles of play. It’s honestly super close for me, curious to see what y’all think

More fun to watch, 88 or 19?
Dez had Elbows, very physical, defending DBs hated covering him because he would always swing the elbows, that was his best attribute.
Coop is far superior, he is a much more refined big man WR, meaning that he is much more intellectual at the position, and still over powers defenders, but combines his size with his intellect to succeed.
Dez never evolved, but I see Coop expanding his game, evolving his game, Coop still has a ceiling.
Dez hit his ceiling early in his tenure, and never expanded his game.

Jipper

Reaction score
It’s like asking what’s more fun to drive a z06 Vette or a Porsche 911....at the end of the day both have pretty similar performance but each has its own strengths and merits....

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It’s like asking what’s more fun to drive a z06 Vette or a Porsche 911....at the end of the day both have pretty similar performance but each has its own strengths and merits....
I don't Know about that,,,
Dez was more like a Dodge Ram.
Coop is more like a Mercedes with really expensive racing tires.

Shane612

Reaction score
I never was a Dez fan. I thought was an athletic idiot.
Cooper....... he's okay. Rather have Bob Hays in his prime.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Cooper and it is not close. Dez had a great three year stretch until he was in injured but his inability to run more then a few routes was troublesome. Let me make it simple for the Dez fans. Can you imagine Romo throwing passes to Cooper. He might have 2000 yards in a season.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dez was fun to watch

Cooper is fun to watch
I look every season for players that get better, evolve.

When I watch Coop, I can see chemistry evolving between himself and Dak, I see more precise route running.

I remember back in the day when I used to say that all our WRs know how to do is run str8 down the field and Romo
had to dance around and try and make his WRs bend in a bit because he was running around waiting all day, and often getting killed in the process.

We had zero route tree.

That is because we had zero WRs capable, despite the reason,, coaching, intelligence level,,, who really knows,, capable of providing any separation, Romo had to thread the needle and make insane plays, it always seemed to be such a struggle every 3rd and long situation.

When you start to see a player like Coop making moves that turn defenders around, you have to appreciate the student of the game aspect, because it takes more than God given talent to succeed at this level and grow. Im not being sacrilegious at all, you can believe in God or not, don't care, but if you do believe in God he gives everyone an opportunity, and I really believe that its up to the individual to take advantage of that opportunity.

Those that truly understand the difference between Dez and Coop
probably understand what Im trying to say here.

Jipper

Reaction score
I don't Know about that,,,
Dez was more like a Dodge Ram.
Coop is more like a Mercedes with really expensive racing tires.

No way....Dodge Ram and Mercedes are far too common....they are both very rare talents

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That’s tough. Dez was like the Mavs or the 2000s...exciting to watch but flawed. Cooper is like the Spurs of the 2000s....not the most exciting but plays well and not many flaws.