More Mini-Camp Photos......DMN

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
LMAO

Yeah, and no one can read all of that from a picture. Heard it before.

I was asked to break down the photo comparing them side by side.

3 for 3. Anyone else?

Maybe I am wrong...but wasn't there a recent article or quote about a coach looking at some pictures and breaking down the pictures as far as what was good and bad?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Maybe I am wrong...but wasn't there a recent article or quote about a coach looking at some pictures and breaking down the pictures as far as what was good and bad?
It's done all the time. If they want to weep and wail and gnash their teeth, that is fine.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
It's done all the time. If they want to weep and wail and gnash their teeth, that is fine.

Weep, Wail and gnash teeth?

Disagree or complain might be a better description.

But hey in the end opinions are like....well you know what I mean :cool:

No matter if they agree or not I thought it was a nice post....At the very least it was a good long read that made you think about something even if you did not agree with all of it. However I must confess...I think Herms is beating you in the novella department lately ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Weep, Wail and gnash teeth?

Disagree or complain might be a better description.

But hey in the end opinions are like....well you know what I mean :cool:

No matter if they agree or not I thought it was a nice post....At the very least it was a good long read that made you think about something even if you did not agree with all of it. However I must confess...I think Herms is beating you in the novella department lately ;)
Photograph analyzation happens all the time.

I suppose that crime scenes investigators can't tell anything about a photo of blood splatters either.

Body language tells people a lot of things. Everyone reads it. We've all done it.

This is no different.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
Photograph analyzation happens all the time.

I suppose that crime scenes investigators can't tell anything about a photo of blood splatters either.

Body language tells people a lot of things. Everyone reads it. We've all done it.

This is no different.

Oh I can tell plenty from the body language of some pics....like who wants me to take them home...I can tell by the eyes and the body placement in many of the pictures I have looked at on a regular basis.

Of course I tell the wife I am not interested in getting any more animals when we get the pictures for the Human Society...but we always do donate money. :p

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Absolutely hilarious, I tell ya.

Hostile, you are good for comic relief, that's for sure.

Hey, I once had a picture taken of me where I looked stoned of my arse. I've never touched marijuana in my life (or any other drug for that matter), but the pic LOOKED like I was stoned, therefore I was stoned, right?

:rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack said:

Hey, I once had a picture taken of me where I looked stoned of my arse. I've never touched marijuana in my life (or any other drug for that matter), but the pic LOOKED like I was stoned, therefore I was stoned, right?

Yeah, I laugh at you too.

With all due respect, apples and oranges on the stoned picture versus the one I looked at and broke down per a request. Silly analysis.

coach316

Reaction score
rotflmao

OMG. Thanks for the side splitting laughter achieved from reading this thread. Thanks to the geniuses that think they can break down the mechanical imperfections from a single, still photo....I won't need to take my "happy pills" today. I'll have a smile on my face the rest of the day. :D

You gotta love the following:

Before video how do you suppose they did this?

Well since motion pictures were invented in 1895, I'd have to say.....ummm....they didn't because they didn't play football before that. They've always used film. Before VHS/BETA they used 16mm or 8mm film with projectors. Ever watch a football movie set in the 1960's-70's with the coach breaking down film with a movie screen and projector?

Coaches can see this stuff in real time with no photos and tell you what looks wrong. Go to any coach you trust and ask him.

No **** sherlock. That's what coaches get paid to do.

Ever seen the players looking at still photos on the sidelines from teh fax machines?

Yep, I sure have. But did you know those are overhead photos taken from enough distance to include every player on the field in order to break down defensive formations and offensive plays to find out what is and is not working properly? They're not used to break down mechanics, nor are they close enough and at the proper angle to do so.

But hey....thanks for the laugh anyways!! ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack said:

My last driver liscence pic was that way.....I was sitting there waiting for the pic and let one rip...it was louder then I expected and she had a shocked look and I just started to laugh and with a red embarrased face when she took the picture.

Now I do NOT drink and drive and do not condone that at all (rare for me to drink at all) however after looking at the pic I thought if I ever did look drunk...they could look at my liscence and just think that is how I always look.

I called it my drunk artist pic...it was pretty good.

Now on to other things...your comparison was not even remotely close to what hos was doing.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
coach316 said:
That's what coaches get paid to do.
Thank you for making my point for me. Have a fun filled day of laughter.

Oh yeah, noticed you were new. Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I don't think there is anything riduculous involved in any of the analysis here.

TH and others have pointed out to those of us who haven't PLAYED football, what it even is you should be, or could be, looking for in a particular mechanical drill.

For years I worked at the school where the Pats trained and saw countless, countless practice sessions. I used to write reports on them for the Pats fans at TSN, but knew I had very very little understanding of how to even watch a drill, what I should even be looking for. I wish I had been able to give the kind of insight TH and others have here.

Regardless of how a snapshot in time relates to a prior and latter series of actions, I find it fascinating that so much info can be gleaned from one photo. And whether TH is "right" or "wrong" in his assessment is irrelevant, imo, (tho I suspect his takes are on target).

I learned a lot from this discussion, and appreciate the time and effort that went into it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
And whether TH is "right" or "wrong" in his assessment is irrelevant, imo, (tho I suspect his takes are on target).

I learned a lot from this discussion, and appreciate the time and effort that went into it.
Thank you LaTuna.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
ROFLMAO! That was the funniest story I ever heard. Thanks I needed that because to day has been very hectic.

BrAinPaiNt said:
My last driver liscence pic was that way.....I was sitting there waiting for the pic and let one rip...it was louder then I expected and she had a shocked look and I just started to laugh and with a red embarrased face when she took the picture.

Now I do NOT drink and drive and do not condone that at all (rare for me to drink at all) however after looking at the pic I thought if I ever did look drunk...they could look at my liscence and just think that is how I always look.

I called it my drunk artist pic...it was pretty good.

Now on to other things...your comparison was not even remotely close to what hos was doing.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Hos,

I'm not going to get into it like some of these other guys are with you, however, 2 things you brought up that can't be told from a still picture....

At the time of the picture, Q's arm is not locked or anything, yet how do we know that he wasn't in motion to get it just like Vinnie's.

You mentioned the height of the ball.....yet we don't see the height of the runner, so this would be impossible from this still picture, to determine if it was the correct height or not.

Also. the angle of the ball.....where is the runner? It would be much easier to tell if we could see the runner to determine if this was incorrect, we can't tell if the runner is runningto the left or anything OR if Quincy got the ball turned the correct way for the RB. BTW, I highly doubt that there is ANY QB in the NFL that gives the ball to the RB with the point hitting them in the belly.

Analysis is good for a point in time....with this I agree with you, but analysis without the ensuing pictures or more information is only as good as the period of time in which the picture was taken......which is only a split second.

For the record, your analysis is correct with what is in the picture, but we all know that we need more info. to determine if his mechanics are truly flawed in this play.