More proof why Dak is garbage

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I believe some calling Dak "garbage" must be young and don't remember the years between Aikman to Romo. Finding a qb is so tough. Quincy Carter, Winkey Wright, Drew Henson, Chad Hutchinson, Clint Stoernoer, ( a personal friend of mine) Stephen McGee.
That's so cool that you know Clint Stoernoer! I really thought he had some until the 2nd half of that giants game.

I think that finding a QB is easier now than was 15 years ago. Colleges are playing more pro sets and we see more and more young QBs having a faster learning curve. Don't get me wrong, it's still not easy, but the ofds are better than they used to be.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
When down by 4-8 points in the final four minutes if a game, meaning a TD to come out on top, in respect to the league average since 2016:

Passer Rating of Dak is 70.6, the league average is 76.5

YPA for Dak is 5.8, the league average is 6.6

The TD rate is 2.8% while the league average is 4.6%

Int rate is 2.7% while the league average is 3.7%.

Sack % is 7.7% versus 5.5% for the lasher average.

To summarize, Checkdown Charlie isn’t even average, per Action Network. I can give a summary of why he’s a joke in this aspect, including he really is risk averse and only throws the ball on desperation, down by three scores.

Here is the kicker, as I’ve been repeating ad nauseum. Notice the point of emphasis on Prescott and the infamous DROP-BACK. He can’t do it worth a dime, which clearly illustrates his incompetent and one-trick pony routine. And he’s not even close to Romo, let alone Mahomes, so cut the BS comparisons with this mediocre joke, while both Linehan and Moore had to basically completely eliminate the traditional drop-back for this bum.
And the ignore list grows

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a well said insightful rebuttal.

Fun fact: It took Dak 48 games before he threw a TD in the last two minutes of any game. Hitting the Bease with a sweet catch in the back of the endzone in the final regular season game against the Giants in 2018. Three full seasons.

Dang that's got to be worth at least a Top 3 QB contract!!!
Sign Dak so we can see another one of these 3 years from now!!!:eek:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you throw elite money at an non-elite qb, that's even less money to fix that horrible defense.

If he wanted a second tier contract I'd pay him within the day.

Then I'd get rid of Lawrence, Jaylon and TC.

I remember Lawrence's contract year and I see nowhere NEAR the explosiveness and tenacity he showed that year. Now he basically runs into the OL, maybe half-heartedly tries a "move" then just stands there watching the qb bake cookies.
its not there hasn't been money to fix the defense. in fact we have spent. the problem is that none of the investments are paying off. just like you said, we paid a 20M/year contract to Lawrence who has had 0.5 sacks in 12 games....imagine if he played to half of his contract and had 8 sacks...and we gave jaylon a 64M contract and he is the 55th ranked LB in the league, imagine if he played like the 15th ranked.....

we have made investment on defense with picks, Taco, LVE, Jaylon, Gregory, Hill, Chidobe, Jones and those are premium picks and all we get all of them are average to below average....

and despite the 31M to Dak, we still had money to sign McCoy, Poe, Griffin,and pay Cooper....

if Dak wasn't on tag, his cap hit would actually be lower....

no, its not the contract issue at all. its that every investment (draft or contract) on the defensive side has been bad.

Jarntt

Reaction score
4-8 points in the final 4 minutes. Talk about cherry picking. Where does he rank in come from behind wins overall? That would surely be a much more telling stat

Big D

Reaction score
He's not garbage, he's just average, kind of like Fitzpatrick.
Eh, no. Fitzpatrick is a below average qb as a starter but only shines as a backup coming in off the bench. Very similar to Foles.

Dak isn't garbage, but he's a $25 million per year QB at best.
Yeah 2 seasons ago. The going rate has changed and we paid Jaylon and Zeke instead.

Big D

Reaction score
That's a well said insightful rebuttal.

Fun fact: It took Dak 48 games before he threw a TD in the last two minutes of any game. Hitting the Bease with a sweet catch in the back of the endzone in the final regular season game against the Giants in 2018. Three full seasons.
Of those 48 games how many were we leading / trailing going into those final 2mins? Did we even have possession? That stat can be true but misleading. IMO

streetcredit

Reaction score
People still don’t know how the market works. And in 3 years 40 million will be average. Remember just 2 season ago when everyone lost their minds about 30 million. It’s crazy how you see it happening right infront of your face and yet you still ignore it
People know, just some people know more...$40 million is too much for Dak. If he's top tier then we should have no problem getting 2 first round draft picks.
So can sign Dalton, resign Gallup, free agent help on defense and 2 first round defenders, that would probably be a little more than $40 million

chagus

Reaction score
So this dude drops 500yards passing and the team loses and does something no other qb has ever done... which I think is 450 yards three consecutive games... and he sucks?

ummm... huh??

I don't see how... ah forget it. Go cowboys. 2020 sucks. rip EVH.

chagus

Reaction score
I will.say this.... Dak getting the mega contract will hinder Dallas as they OBVIOUSLY need a ton of help on defense.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yes these stats tell a lot. The other stat of the 5 offensive drives that we had that equaled 53 yards and 2 TO's in the Cleveland game tell me more. I don't disagree with you on your case that Dak is not elite. I disagree with the blanket statement that he's garbage. He is an above average starter with limitations in his game. The pro Dak people want you to believe he is better than what he is and the anti Dak people want you to believe he is worse than what he is. He's an above average QB with flaws.

I personally believe Dak is good but not great. I feel that his play has contributed to the teams poor record. My biggest concern about Dak is our offense has not been able to sustain drives and keep our defense off the field. I feel Dak has become such a polarizing player on this team because of the contract situation. When Dak was on his rookie deal and costing us pretty much nothing against the cap then he was great. We got a great bargain. An above average QB for below average price. Now Dak is playing for 31 million and (allegedly) asking for much more. So now we have an above average QB who is costing elite price, and going to cost more.

Take contract discussion out and just going off what I see as a player. I am worried that this offense can not sustain drives and is turning the ball over. That's how Dak has hurt this team and that's his part in the 1-3 record. He not the only contributor to the 1-3 record but as of today he's the only one without a contract and demanding elite money but not playing elite ball. But he's also not "garbage". There's a lot worse QB's out there.

When I say Dak is garbage, it’s really hyperbole. If your in the NFL, you obviously have some skills, but in respect to others, Dak is mediocre as a STARTER and he’s dog doo-doo when he loses a single-skilled player.

Before the Dak-stand went all out with their insults, I generally said Dak is IDEAL as a QB back-up, one who can come in and win some games to keep a team in play-off contention while the elite QB has time to heal. Dak is hard to bring down and he can throw deep accurately, provided the read is the first one. That makes it somewhat difficult for a defense to adjust in a short time.

And BTW, I will flat out admit I have an agenda, because Romo should have started period, after taking a beating for this franchise with its bum playcaller Garrett who couldn’t adjust to a blitzing team to save his life and garbage FO decisions, when the old-beat up Subaru he was driving, turned into a Lamborghini and the only reason we went with Dak is because of the “record” and most likely because the young roster that surrounded Romo were all about “their buddy”. We wasted a short SB window once they made this decision.

Dak is polarizing because it’s all scapegoating yo defend this mediocrity. Hs stand who hated Romo are now trying to leverage the VALID EXCUSES that were completely obvious for Romo, including Garrett being the play caller with COMPLETE CONTROL over the offense, up to 2012 and 2013, when he kept interfering with Callahan and couldn’t let go of the reigns until Jerry had to completely remove him and give him a role in what Jerry described as “ambiguous”, while saying Garrett deals with ambiguity really well. The Dak-stans leveraged the Garrett excuse, while knowing for a fact Garrett hasn’t touched the offense since 2013 and Jerry didn’t allow it.

I can give you the sources if you want of how different our play calling became with respect to Dak, whether through the incompetent Garrett or even a veteran OC like Linehan from Romo, because I’m often accused multiple times of lying by Dak-stans despite me bringing up these clear evidences when they get their feelings hurt.

The reality is the young Dallas was hyped by their own success, while Linehan had to completely simplify the offense for Dak and all it took was one season for teams to start doubling Beasley and Dak completely crapped the bed. And Jerry had to come out after the 2017 season saying this whole thing was a good learning experience for Dak. This was the same year they refused the EARNED RIGHT of Romo to compete for his starting job back.

now we are stuck with this scrub who talks about ‘respect’ as justification for getting paid 40 plus million, while those that have actually been paying attention know how much the FO tailored to this bum and held his hand. Dak is a hypocrite period..

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
I say he is average to above-average based on the current QB's in the league. Out of the 31 QB's, who would you rather have than Dak? Here's a list...

-- Definitely
Brees
Brady
Rogers
Mahomes
Wilson

-- Probably
Jackson
Roethlisberger

-- Maybe
Watson
Ryan
Wentz
Stafford
Carr

-- Small possibility...
Burrow
Allen
Mayfield

There are more but I doubt you'd want any of those over Dak. Where does he fit in on that list above? If he fits into the top 10, then you can't say he's a "garbage QB". Even if he fits into the top 15 that would by definition be average. Saying he is garbage is just hyperbole.... I'd put Dak in with the "Maybe" group of QB's, even if toward the bottom of that list.

Allen and Burrow by a long shot. Allen already has close to double the passing TD and like 1 INT and his talent level at WRs is nowhere on the level as Dak has.

DFWJC

Reaction score

At a point in games when aggressiveness is more acceptable, the only thing Prescott does at an above-average rate is avoid interceptions (well, until the Seattle game). There’s something to be said for living to play another down, but Prescott hasn’t been able to translate his dropbacks into yards or touchdowns in the clutch at even the rate of a league-average passer.

Now, obviously, anytime we filter down to specific situations like this one, we have to consider the small sample size — Prescott has only 78 career dropbacks in these situations — but you couldn’t blame Jones if he looks fondly on the days of Romo, who has a decisive edge over Prescott across the board in the clutch:

• Passer rating: Romo 95.3 vs. Prescott 70.6
  • Yards per attempt: Romo 7.3 vs. Prescott 5.9
  • Touchdown rate: Romo 5.8% vs. Prescott 2.8%
  • Interception rate: Romo 2.2% vs. Prescott 2.8%
  • Sack rate: Romo 2.1% vs. Prescott 7.7

for Mahomes, his clutch numbers are on a whole other stratosphere…

• Passer rating: Mahomes 122.6 vs. Prescott 70.6
  • Yards per attempt: Mahomes 8.9 vs. Prescott 5.9
  • Touchdown rate: Mahomes 8.8% vs. Prescott 2.8%
  • Interception rate: Mahomes 0.0% vs. Prescott 2.8%
  • Sack rate: Mahomes 1.7% vs. Prescott 7.7%

What stands out to me here is how, once again, it's obvious some were way over critical of Romo.
Also, how great Mahomes is.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I will.say this.... Dak getting the mega contract will hinder Dallas as they OBVIOUSLY need a ton of help on defense.
and we have made a lot of investment on the defensive side. but everyone of those has been bad.

there was enough money to give Lawrence a 20M contract....and get 0.5 sacks in return over the past 12 games. and zero QB hits this season...
there was enough money to give Jaylon a 64M contract...and he is ranked 55 in the league
we took Gregory, Chido, LVE, Taco, Hill, paid 5M to Poe and more to McCoy (yes, now injured), and 9M to crawford and 6M to griffin......

that supposed to be foundations of a good to great defense....none of those players have panned out.....

NONE of those players have PANNED out....there in lies the problem

and to boot....Jones forces Kellen on Garrett, and now McCarthy...a OC with all of 2 years expereince, yet, lets Eberflus walk and doesn't force him on Marinelli....go figure.....

we have made every wrong investment and decision on the defensive side of the ball...